Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > General > Track Junkies
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 03-09-2003, 05:28 PM   #16
330DTM
Cinematographer

Send a message via ICQ to 330DTM Send a message via MSN to 330DTM
Quote:
Originally posted by thinair
um, a stock 5th-gen will not do under 15....like 15.4, the 4th-gen are faster.

Also, in city driving, the 328 is faster (more torque), who cruises around town at 5000rpm to stay within the powerband?
That is true, I have yet to see a stock 5th gen do under 15.
However stock Ludes can do 15.1, been there, seen it.
But I've seen more consistent ones around 15.3s

I do agree that with the torque advantage of the 328 for city and probably on a freeway run, advantage to the 328 again.
Old 03-09-2003, 05:30 PM   #17
M-ATTACK
Vroom vroom

preludes are slow, plain and simple, to heavy for a 4 banger.

i owned the 5th generation prelude before my bimmer and got smoked many times, doesnt matter how good you shift, they just are too heavy.
M-ATTACK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2003, 06:16 PM   #18
mkgino
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally posted by E46_lover
yup..im not saying 14.3, like 14.7..and its very achievable...taking into account the tire, temperature, elevation...driving skill, launching..etc, it can be done...i never, ever saw a stock 328 get, or beat that times..i've seen 14.8 and .9..but never .7 or below.

edit: get your facts straight first man..

2001 Prelude Coupe Trims

Exterior Dimensions Coupe Type SH

Curb Weight - Automatic (lb.) 3009 No Data

Curb Weight - Manual (lb.) 2954 3042

1997 E36 2-Door Trims

Exterior Dimensions 318is 318ti 328ic 328is

Curb Weight - Automatic 2976 2745 3362 3120

Curb Weight - Manual 3064 2833 3439 3197

Quote:
Originally posted by thinair
um, a stock 5th-gen will not do under 15....like 15.4, the 4th-gen are faster.

Also, in city driving, the 328 is faster (more torque), who cruises around town at 5000rpm to stay within the powerband?

Quote:
Originally posted by 328DTM
That is true, I have yet to see a stock 5th gen do under 15.
However stock Ludes can do 15.1, been there, seen it.
But I've seen more consistent ones around 15.3s

I do agree that with the torque advantage of the 328 for city and probably on a freeway run, advantage to the 328 again.

Quote:
Originally posted by M-ATTACK
preludes are slow, plain and simple, to heavy for a 4 banger.

i owned the 5th generation prelude before my bimmer and got smoked many times, doesnt matter how good you shift, they just are too heavy.

Whats the matter Jon???? I told you, that you were wrong you dumb ricer. See thats the difference between the real world and your stupid magazine times.

Like I said on msn, BMW OWNS YOU BITCH!
Old 03-09-2003, 07:26 PM   #19
Jon@Bimmersport
MaXsponsor

Quote:
Originally posted by mkgino
Whats the matter Jon???? I told you, that you were wrong you dumb ricer. See thats the difference between the real world and your stupid magazine times.

Like I said on msn, BMW OWNS YOU BITCH!
ill find the times..some guy posted it on hondahookup..said his car was stock! i swear to god! and it wasnt from a magazine..they said 15.3 also..

Authorized Ontario dealer for Active Autowerke|VF-Engineering|[/color]ESS TuningAFE|Bilstein Suspension|H&R Suspension|KW suspension|Brembo Brake Systems| Stoptech| - Call us for the best pricing please DO NOT PM in regards to pricing

Maintenance|Performance|Tuning & Forced Induction
Jon@Bimmersport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2003, 07:35 PM   #20
mkgino
6th Gear Member

Quote:
ill find the times..some guy posted it on hondahookup..said his car was stock! i swear to god! and it wasnt from a magazine..they said 15.3 also..
Hahaha, cause what everyone says on "Honda Hookup" should be believed. You are such a ricer, and you cant admit it when you are wrong.

You have never raced a prelude in a 328 and I have so why dont you STFU. You talk like you know what really happens in the real world, but you have never even driven a car nor have your G1 yet. You can quote your stupid numbers all day and I dont give a sh*t. I know what is faster, and so does the guy I raped on the QEW on the way home from niagara falls.

Stop posting your crap on max, people have stopped believing you a long time ago.
Old 03-09-2003, 07:52 PM   #21
Jon@Bimmersport
MaXsponsor

Quote:
Hahaha, cause what everyone says on "Honda Hookup" should be believed. You are such a ricer, and you cant admit it when you are wrong.

You have never raced a prelude in a 328 and I have so why dont you STFU. You talk like you know what really happens in the real world, but you have never even driven a car nor have your G1 yet. You can quote your stupid numbers all day and I dont give a sh*t. I know what is faster, and so does the guy I raped on the QEW on the way home from niagara falls.

Stop posting your crap on max, people have stopped believing you a long time ago.

ok you fag, i cant find that ****ing thread...so ill admit i was wrong...i told you last night already, why do u keep saying "you havent driven a car" "you think u know everything"...****ing moron, u know BOTH of those are wrong..what the **** is wrong with you? i dont see how a person as ignorant as you can become a dentist.

what are you? the speaker for max? go back to your post whoring (so will i )

Authorized Ontario dealer for Active Autowerke|VF-Engineering|[/color]ESS TuningAFE|Bilstein Suspension|H&R Suspension|KW suspension|Brembo Brake Systems| Stoptech| - Call us for the best pricing please DO NOT PM in regards to pricing

Old 03-09-2003, 07:57 PM   #22
mkgino
6th Gear Member

Quote:
ok you fag, i cant find that ****ing thread...so ill admit i was wrong...i told you last night already, why do u keep saying "you havent driven a car" "you think u know everything"...****ing moron, u know BOTH of those are wrong..what the **** is wrong with you? i dont see how a person as ignorant as you can become a dentist.

what are you? the speaker for max? go back to your post whoring (so will i )
Hahaha, Im just picking on you because its so easy. But seriously a prelude cant beat a 328, plain and simple. Stop defending Hondas to the death. I mean if you were to say a s2000 vs a 328, ok fine you are right an s2000 is faster, but a prelude? dude, please.

Look at it from both sides fairly next time.
Old 03-09-2003, 08:00 PM   #23
Jon@Bimmersport
MaXsponsor

Quote:
Hahaha, Im just picking on you because its so easy. But seriously a prelude cant beat a 328, plain and simple. Stop defending Hondas to the death. I mean if you were to say a s2000 vs a 328, ok fine you are right an s2000 is faster, but a prelude? dude, please.

Look at it from both sides fairly next time.
i have...i seen 328i/is hit only 15.1 i think lowest...neither wasabi or mp328 could do better..and mp328 practices more than wasabi...

Old 03-09-2003, 08:04 PM   #24
mkgino
6th Gear Member

Quote:
i have...i seen 328i/is hit only 15.1 i think lowest...neither wasabi or mp328 could do better..and mp328 practices more than wasabi...
Ive seen 14.9 so what?? Dude, these are all different circumstances, different elevations, places in the world, drivers and so on. How can you compare them evenly????? You cant, if you have seen a 328 hit only 15.1, then a prelude that same day at that strip would have hit a 15.5. So stop this you are wrong, plain and simple.

P.S BMW owns joo!
Old 03-09-2003, 08:13 PM   #25
Jon@Bimmersport
MaXsponsor

Quote:
Ive seen 14.9 so what?? Dude, these are all different circumstances, different elevations, places in the world, drivers and so on. How can you compare them evenly????? You cant, if you have seen a 328 hit only 15.1, then a prelude that same day at that strip would have hit a 15.5. So stop this you are wrong, plain and simple.

P.S BMW owns joo!
i dunno, lets ask M328i..he drives both..although i think his prelude looks nicer...electron blue with white wheels (rays engineering) compared to his 328i with the RD lip..

you cant really say the 328 will ALWAYS be faster...it weighs about 100lbs more rougly, maybe more...it has longer gears, and a lower (numerically) final drive, plus it has less HP...so how would it do better for 1/4mile? high speed run no doubt a 328 can ruin the prelude.

Old 03-09-2003, 08:18 PM   #26
thinair
moderationistismingly

Send a message via MSN to thinair
Quote:
you cant really say the 328 will ALWAYS be faster...it weighs about 100lbs more rougly, maybe more...it has longer gears, and a lower (numerically) final drive, plus it has less HP...so how would it do better for 1/4mile? high speed run no doubt a 328 can ruin the prelude.
The only time that is faster about the Prelude is the speed it depreaciates at. It's a nice 'looking' car, but the 328 is better, then again I don't think they're even in the same price range...
"Driving is like a narcotic, an addiction that can take over lives. It ruins people, breaks families apart, and even kills. Itís habit that needs to be fueled. Time, money, rationality, sweat, knuckle skin, and anyone who disapproves are of little importance to a driver, and are often overlooked. Hi, Iím Nelson, and Iím a drivaholic."
thinair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2003, 08:19 PM   #27
mkgino
6th Gear Member

Quote:
i dunno, lets ask M328i..he drives both..although i think his prelude looks nicer...electron blue with white wheels (rays engineering) compared to his 328i with the RD lip..

who is talking about a 1/4 mile run? I was saying from zero to the limiters, maybe like from zero to like 210, who would win??

See this is where you dont know anything (from your comment above) because you have never raced either car before.
My car has 10 less hp but 50-60 more torque moron, available at a lower rpm, thats how.

The weight his very similar, not even a 100 pounds difference.
Old 03-09-2003, 08:26 PM   #28
windsor318is
Nitrous Junkie!

i must say im disipointed in the 'ludes. my buddie bought a '02 and i was not very impressed. it may have 200 hp but the low torque numbers kills the cars performance. the 200hp comes only after 5000 rpm, only then it starts movin. anyone driven one of these rice burners? i would say its the most uncomfortable car ive ever driven one?, its made for some one 5' 0'' tall, to be comfortable.
Old 03-09-2003, 08:27 PM   #29
thinair
moderationistismingly

Send a message via MSN to thinair
Weight sorta depends
both being 97's, the 328 is 3120, the base 'lude is 2954, the SH 3042

Torque is a different story:

328 - 206@3950
lude - 156@5250

big difference
"Driving is like a narcotic, an addiction that can take over lives. It ruins people, breaks families apart, and even kills. Itís habit that needs to be fueled. Time, money, rationality, sweat, knuckle skin, and anyone who disapproves are of little importance to a driver, and are often overlooked. Hi, Iím Nelson, and Iím a drivaholic."

Last edited by thinair; 03-09-2003 at 08:29 PM.
thinair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2003, 08:28 PM   #30
Jon@Bimmersport
MaXsponsor

there is a 240lbs something different idiot, LOW rpm? how often are you at low RPM when your drag racing? all the time..because of your gearing right? well a prelude has SHORT gearing so that it says in the powerband (high rpm) where the HP is, so torque really makes a difference for you off the line, dan's RSX pulled on u car after car right when from when? 2nd gear? i know RSX and prelude are totally different, and you have more torque..but tell me, if you had so much torque, why didnt you beat his car?

the reason is because of weight, and gear ratios, it has a short close gear ratio tranny (6spd)..but on the hwy that thing ****ing flies..it goes to 200km so easy...maybe you should race his RSX-S on the highway

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: