Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > General > General Discussion
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 06-26-2009, 12:43 PM   #1
summit425
Alpine White

My headlights keep on and off.. wtf is wrong this this??

hi guys

currently I am running 55W ddm slim HID on my car with P46.

I don't know when this thing starts to happen but when I drive on the road my headlights turns off without a reason and back again like randomly.

I thought my +ve or ground is bad but I connected same +ve and ground spot with my angel eyes and my angel eyes are working very fine.

What could be the problem?? I assume it's because when I go over the ramp or road with construction the vibration gives stress on ballasts or whatever so my haedlights are off.

Weird thing is they both off. not just one side but both on and off.

What could be the problem?? oh and I am running HID with gold color resistor in order to cancel the error sign on the dash and they get really hot when I run HID. Do you think that will be the problem?

Please help me out. All other lights (angel eyes, HID foglights) are working very fine but my headlights are acting very weird...
summit425 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009, 01:19 PM   #2
R.S.C
Imaginary Player

Changes are it's one of the connector plugs that are either lose or have corrosion on the plugs causing bad contact.

When the car is parked, just pop the hood and while the lights are on give all the wires a good shaking to determine which one is causing the problem.

The solution I decided for myself was to hard wire it instead of using the plugs. Haven't had the issue since.
Old 06-26-2009, 04:10 PM   #3
Porter86
shiftin gears

Send a message via MSN to Porter86
my buddy has the same problem in his grandam it's because the lights are getting to hot, they turn off to cool down n than turn back on, for him it dsnt last long once they turn back on before they turn back off.
Porter86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2009, 11:22 PM   #4
RKMA86
3rd Gear Member

Hey guys,

I had this EXACT same problem last year. (DDM headlights w/ slim HID's 55w). Ivan had a look at them for me while we were installing them and it turned out DDM used a shitty ass glue from a hot glue-gun at the connector plugs. Hence, when it gets hot, the glue melts and it slips around. When it cools down, the glue solidifies again and it goes on.

Ivan had to re-do all the glue-work for me as improper glue was used. Ever since, this problem went away. Hope this helps. FYI: it's the newer DEPOS that had this problem-- the older ones were okay. I'm not sure if the Taiwan Manufactuerer had a supplier change or something
RKMA86 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: