Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > Misc > Off-topic
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 06-19-2009, 01:00 PM   #31
sirex
King Sirex

Quote:
Originally Posted by daytona View Post
The main grocery chains distributions is so much more efficient than the LCBO design that they can modify the shipping of wine/beer with ease.
I dont understand. Are you saying that Grocery chains are more efficient then LCBO and Beer Store distribution?

If so you are wrong, LCBO and Beer Store have some of the most efficient logistics departments, on par, or better then main chains. LCBO's is probably the best in Ontario when it comes to logistics of shipping/ordering.

Quote:
sorry I dont live in the heart of wine country so I must travel a distance to buy booze.Why cant each store order or even pick up at a main warehouse,why do you actual need a transportation hub for wine/beer?.
Okay so you travel a distance to buy booze. If your corner store had it, they wouldn't carry all the brands. And since you gotta travel a distance to get your alchohol, Im sure that you also have to travel a distance to get your food too. So if you wanted any variety you would still need to travel for your booze.

Each store picking up at a main warehouse? Each little convineint store and bar, and restaurant doing that? Beer Store/LCBO already caters to REstaurants and Bars as a main hub for them. With grocery stores it would be the same idea.. So Beer Store/LCBO would still exist in that theory. OR create big warehouses outside the city so that grocery stores could compete? Then prices would fluctuate as it would be the grocery store paying the transport fees.

Anyway either way their are pros and cons to both sides. I like the system we have in place now. But I could care less if it changed.
Old 06-19-2009, 01:20 PM   #32
Axxe
Over 9 F**KING THOUSAND!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlitzSix View Post
LOL you can't be serious, saying it's messed up to see beer in gas stations? You realize it's like that pretty much everywhere else in the world except here, right?

That's the ****ed up thing with Canadian views on booze, you're a perfect representative for them. You see it is as a drug, to get ****ed up on and that's it, but go get out of Canada and see how it's seen in other cultures. A lot of people have a glass or two of wine with dinner, or a beer or 2 after they get home from work. People don't drink to be come smashed and wasted all the time. For them it's just another beverege to put in their cart at the grocery stores, no big deal. For YOU it's "OMG, that guy is buying beer what a drunk he's gonna go home and chug it all and puke everywhere".

I hate this country's view on booze, how drinking is seen as such a bad thing. Like that you can't drink in public. God forbid someone drink a beer when they're hanging out in a park with their friends. NOooooooooooo, it would be oh so horrible we have to do this horrible activity ONLY in our homes, because if someone sees you drinking a beer in the street, shit will go down.
+1

I work long hours, so I rarely can make it before the 10pm cutoff, so I have to take time out of my work day to go and get some beer to make sure I can have one with dinner.

I think the main problem here is that everyone thinks everyone else is incapable of controlling themselves, every time I hear something about this topic it's "those idiots" when the idiot is the person speaking.

S52|ZF|TRM Coilovers 670/895|Staggered 18" 5's
Axxe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2009, 01:30 PM   #33
325isdan
5th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlitzSix View Post
LOL you can't be serious, saying it's messed up to see beer in gas stations? You realize it's like that pretty much everywhere else in the world except here, right?

That's the ****ed up thing with Canadian views on booze, you're a perfect representative for them. You see it is as a drug, to get ****ed up on and that's it, but go get out of Canada and see how it's seen in other cultures. A lot of people have a glass or two of wine with dinner, or a beer or 2 after they get home from work. People don't drink to be come smashed and wasted all the time. For them it's just another beverege to put in their cart at the grocery stores, no big deal. For YOU it's "OMG, that guy is buying beer what a drunk he's gonna go home and chug it all and puke everywhere".

I hate this country's view on booze, how drinking is seen as such a bad thing. Like that you can't drink in public. God forbid someone drink a beer when they're hanging out in a park with their friends. NOooooooooooo, it would be oh so horrible we have to do this horrible activity ONLY in our homes, because if someone sees you drinking a beer in the street, shit will go down.
Of cource I see it as a drug because that is what it is..You can become addicted to it, you can die easily from it.. that sounds like a drug to me... I have nothing against drinking but it is a drug. It is just a socially excepted one.

I am for legalizing Marijuana but I sure wouldn't want it to be sold at gas stations or groecery stores.

Last edited by 325isdan; 06-19-2009 at 01:35 PM.
325isdan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2009, 02:46 PM   #34
sirex
King Sirex

Its actually quite funny how people dont believe Alchohol is a drug. Its like they refuse to believe it because they dont want to consider themselves "users" or w/e comes with the territory of being called an addict.

Other popular drugs include Cigarettes - most notably the nicotine that you get from it.
And Coffee, Caffeine.. And its pretty hilarious that people dont consider these drugs when they are in all sense of the terms and chemically as well.
Old 06-19-2009, 03:41 PM   #35
BlitzSix
6 Speed

Send a message via AIM to BlitzSix Send a message via MSN to BlitzSix
Quote:
Originally Posted by 325isdan View Post
Of cource I see it as a drug because that is what it is..You can become addicted to it, you can die easily from it.. that sounds like a drug to me... I have nothing against drinking but it is a drug. It is just a socially excepted one.

I am for legalizing Marijuana but I sure wouldn't want it to be sold at gas stations or groecery stores.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sirex View Post
Its actually quite funny how people dont believe Alchohol is a drug. Its like they refuse to believe it because they dont want to consider themselves "users" or w/e comes with the territory of being called an addict.

Other popular drugs include Cigarettes - most notably the nicotine that you get from it.
And Coffee, Caffeine.. And its pretty hilarious that people dont consider these drugs when they are in all sense of the terms and chemically as well.

You are both right, it is definitely a drug, i misspoke. What I meant was, that people don't just buy it to get wasted / ****ed up on. It is a drug that can be enjoyed casually, just like a cup of coffee, one can have a beer just to enjoy it, at lunch or while chilling at home.

The person who I responded to, and it seems a lot of others, see it like that: one drinks beer to get wasted. That's how the law sees it too, that's why you can't have a beer in public, because it's seen as a horrible thing. But that's not always true.

For alcoholics, and people looking to get wasted off it, do you think it matters that it's not sold in stores? People who NEED it will get it and get ****ed up off it. The people who have a casual beer or 2 while enjoying their evening are the ones who suffer because instead of just putting it into their cart when they're grocery shopping, or grabbing some while they're at the gas station they have to go out of their way and go to the beer store, all because this country makes a huge fuss about having a beer (like you are...saying that god forbid they sell it at grocery stores shit will hit the fan).
BlitzSix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2009, 07:29 PM   #36
sirex
King Sirex

oh no i agree with you and I know what you were talking about earlier. the only thing Im really debating is the price/logistics of grocery stores selling it, with the current system we have in place now.
Old 06-20-2009, 02:12 AM   #37
BMW_7
Econobimmer Racing

Send a message via AIM to BMW_7 Send a message via MSN to BMW_7
I agree 100% with Vadim, and to that I only have one thing to say: move out of ONFAILIO and all probelms will be solved....

Helprace, a helpdesk & community platform
BMW_7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2009, 10:13 AM   #38
sirex
King Sirex

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW_7 View Post
I agree 100% with Vadim, and to that I only have one thing to say: move out of ONFAILIO and all probelms will be solved....
I really like Toronto. I guess Im too used to it, I also live down town and my parents own 2 properties, its too awesome for me. I can understand others though, those of you that live in the suburbs and commute for miles, or spend most of your time down town anyway, that blows rocks.

There is only one other city in North America that I would consider living in. BOSTON. But Im not an American Citizen .
Old 06-20-2009, 12:02 PM   #39
BMW_7
Econobimmer Racing

Send a message via AIM to BMW_7 Send a message via MSN to BMW_7
Quote:
Originally Posted by sirex View Post
I really like Toronto. I guess Im too used to it, I also live down town and my parents own 2 properties, its too awesome for me. I can understand others though, those of you that live in the suburbs and commute for miles, or spend most of your time down town anyway, that blows rocks.

There is only one other city in North America that I would consider living in. BOSTON. But Im not an American Citizen .
lol you're an idiot, i don't commute for miles or spend most of my time downtown.

Helprace, a helpdesk & community platform
BMW_7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2009, 12:43 PM   #40
sirex
King Sirex

probably why you think Toronto sucks then.

if u live down town toronto, I dont know how u think it sucks. you can literally bike, or walk to anything important... movies, shopping, food, clubs, bars, schools, its incredible. the real boundaries are like Roncesavles and bloor, to Jarvis and Queens Quay.

but ya, the rest is failtario.

Last edited by sirex; 06-20-2009 at 12:45 PM.
sirex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 08:47 AM   #41
Bullet Ride
Cars in Perpetual Repair

and the booze runs start...
http://www.thestar.com/news/ontario/article/655645
Old 06-24-2009, 09:13 AM   #42
2slow2race
6th Gear Member

will beer store's stay open?
2slow2race is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 09:48 AM   #43
Bullet Ride
Cars in Perpetual Repair

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2slow2race View Post
will beer store's stay open?
Yes.
Old 06-24-2009, 10:08 AM   #44
2slow2race
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dinan_M5 View Post
Yes.
sweet! who cares about liquor when you got beer. strike on!
2slow2race is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 12:51 PM   #45
dbworld4k
Addict

Hmm, right after it was reported that Beer & Liquor sales are down this quarter there is a massive alcohol run at LCBOs across Ontario. It's a conspiracy I tells ya!!!!

'02 ///M5 Imola Red / Imola Red '09 335i Alpine White / Coral Red

Past:
'04 E55 AMG Brilliant Silver / Anthracite
'96 318i Alpine White / Black
'01 330Ci Titanium Silver / Coral Red
'96 328i Jet Black / Black
dbworld4k is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: