Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > General > BMW News
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 07-01-2009, 11:14 AM   #1
Gamite

official BMW X1 photos leaked

Although it is isn't slated to be officially revealed until this fall's Frankfurt Auto Show, it feels like we've been seeing the wraps come off BMW's X1 baby crossover for years now. Thanks to a steady stream of spy shots over the last 18 months or so, we feel like we ought to be able to tell you not only the shape and size of the glovebox, but the material its walls are made of. Regardless, these are the first official shots of the X1 that have leaked out on the web, apparently because of German magazine FOCUS online.

As we've already seen almost all elements of the X1 already, the final shape doesn't surprise us, which appears much like a shrunken X5 mixed with styling cues from the bull-nosed 7-Series, 5-Series Gran Turismo, and of course, last year's X1 Concept.

The inside is typical Bimmer fare as well, with a sober but handsome and well-screwed-together look. The usual accoutrements are present in the photo models' driver oriented instrument panels, including iDrive, USB ports, and thumb-shifters for the automatic.

We're already tired of BMW's awkward model naming conventions, but regardless, the CUV is expected to launch in Europe in xDrive18i and xDrive 18d configurations, along with an xDrive20d model whose 177 hp diesel is apparently good for 60 mph in 8.4 seconds, an xDrive23d model with a 204 hp oil-burner (0-60 mph in 7.3 seconds, top speed of 139 mph), as well as the xDrive28i, which is apparently good for 143 mph. No word yet on what models we'll see in the U.S. just yet, but we'd be surprised to see anything less powerful than the xDrive28i in Stateside dealers, and we'll keep our fingers crossed for a diesel variant.

According to current scuttlebutt, the X1 will launch in autumn exclusively paired with all-wheel drive, but rear-wheel drive versions are expected to come on line soon thereafter. Check out the gallery below and keep checking back with us for further details as they become available.

Source: http://www.autoblog.com/2009/07/01/l...ormation-supe/

Gamite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2009, 12:27 AM   #2
black bnr32
3rd Gear Member

Too many new models, BMW. Stick with the ones that the customers have a history with.
black bnr32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2009, 08:09 AM   #3
Porter86
shiftin gears

Send a message via MSN to Porter86
I dunno, I like it. Be nice to know what the cost is going to be. Definitely be nice to get a diesel engine available over here.
Porter86 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: