Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > Misc > Off-topic
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 06-05-2009, 09:57 AM   #121
topaz330ci
Bang Boom

Quote:
Originally Posted by theblue View Post
you missed the joke, re:

you live at home with your parents and post on the internet about buying a Quattroporte, you also think the Canadian dollar is going to beat the US dollar.

how did you not expect to be made fun of.
Never said the CAD $ will beat the USD.... But your jokes are really bad!
topaz330ci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2009, 12:30 PM   #122
rodo
6th Gear Member

You're saying you want to "save save save" yet you're going to buy a Maserati? You're contradicting yourself too much. If you really want it and feel you can have it then what are you wasting time here trying to justify yourself. Go ahead and buy it, but don't get mad if you get bombarded with everyone's "told you so" after you need to sell it because you realized just how far out of your league it is. And if you're going to have your girlfriend pay for half of the house so you can buy a car you can't afford, well, then you just have to go back and get your priorities straight.

The fact that you had to come here and ask if you can afford it means just one thing; you can't.

2010 Expedition

Objects in mirror are farther than they appear Only in a BMW

rodo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2009, 12:36 PM   #123
topaz330ci
Bang Boom

Quote:
Originally Posted by rodo View Post
You're saying you want to "save save save" yet you're going to buy a Maserati? You're contradicting yourself too much. If you really want it and feel you can have it then what are you wasting time here trying to justify yourself. Go ahead and buy it, but don't get mad if you get bombarded with everyone's "told you so" after you need to sell it because you realized just how far out of your league it is. And if you're going to have your girlfriend pay for half of the house so you can buy a car you can't afford, well, then you just have to go back and get your priorities straight.

The fact that you had to come here and ask if you can afford it means just one thing; you can't.
damn man, your such a negative person, Im not contradicting myself at all. I said i want to save save save and i still am saving, and i wanna treat myself to something i can afford! I never came on here to ask if i could afford it lol, i wanted ppl's opinions and i got them. I got my priorities straight. "it just means one thing, you can't" OKKKKKKKKk buddy, i could def do it, very easily actually. so don't worry about me to much, no1 is gonna say told you so, cause i wont be complaining. Im not worried about it! and I wont be selling it cause i'll love it too much!
Old 06-05-2009, 12:42 PM   #124
Bullet Ride
Cars in Perpetual Repair

Quote:
Originally Posted by topaz330ci View Post
I wont be selling it cause i'll love it too much!
It's true, despite the high maintenance costs of the cars, all Maserati owners will tell you that it's worth it due to the shear joy you'll get out of driving the car.
Old 06-05-2009, 12:57 PM   #125
rendered
6th Gear Member

Damn people! It's only 40 or 50 grand!

Who's to say he isn't wealthy already or comes From a wealthy family!?

No one knows how much money he pulls in or has in the bank yet some people make assumptions and tell him to drive a honda and buy a house as well... It's his choice ultimately what he wants to do with his money.

I can understand topaz330ci simply was asking for oppinions on buying a maserati yet no oppinions here were informed at all. All based on what people hear of the brand! Not any real experience owning these cars at all!

Buy what makes you happy man! In the end, you can always sell and break even if you buy low enough now! I always make great profit selling maserati here in canada! Customers always seem to scoop them up quickly as long as you price them correctly in the canadian market!
rendered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2009, 01:01 PM   #126
theblue
old school US member.

Send a message via AIM to theblue
for the record, I came into this thread to make fun of him for saying the Canadian dollar would beat the American one... finding out he lives with his parents and wants to buy an exotic car was just a bonus.
Old 06-05-2009, 01:08 PM   #127
rendered
6th Gear Member

Quote:
for the record, I came into this thread to make fun of him for saying the Canadian dollar would beat the American one... finding out he lives with his parents and wants to buy an exotic car was just a bonus.

Americans don't seem to like it at all when anything Canadian beats their United States of America arse! Haha j/k
rendered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2009, 01:09 PM   #128
topaz330ci
Bang Boom

Quote:
Your a joke man, i never said it will beat the American dollar, i just said that i would love for it to be even or maybe surpass it. Who knows if it will... It wont change my decision that much! But it would be nice if it did for my purchase!
Old 06-05-2009, 01:15 PM   #129
theblue
old school US member.

you're not your. this is the second time now. when you attempt to insult somebody with poor grammar and spelling you always look the fool.

Canada depends on the lower dollar value to get US manufacturing business (along with other incentives) - you don't want a higher value or you'll lose a lot of jobs.
Old 06-05-2009, 01:20 PM   #130
topaz330ci
Bang Boom

Quote:
you're not your. this is the second time now. when you attempt to insult somebody with poor grammar and spelling you always look the fool.

Canada depends on the lower dollar value to get US manufacturing business (along with other incentives) - you don't want a higher value or you'll lose a lot of jobs.
"You're" Thanks for noticing man! maybe if this was a formal document being sent out to my boss, I would take more pride in my writing. I usually just type "your" when im typing fast or texting on my phone. You put everything under the microscope for some strange reason. Ugly car by the way!
Old 06-05-2009, 01:23 PM   #131
europrince
6th Gear Member

Quote:

The US dollar will go down in the medium to long term because of the huge amounts of 'stimulus' spending, TARP, etc etc. Commodities have been recovering as a result, leading to a higher Canadian dollar. Our petrocurrency hit $0.92 USD a couple days ago, not that far from par. Analysts say it will reach par in the tail end of this year. The US is broke and the US dollar is damaged goods. This is a long term phenonemon.
europrince is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2009, 01:28 PM   #132
topaz330ci
Bang Boom

Quote:
Originally Posted by europrince View Post
The US dollar will go down in the medium to long term because of the huge amounts of 'stimulus' spending, TARP, etc etc. Commodities have been recovering as a result, leading to a higher Canadian dollar. Our petrocurrency hit $0.92 USD a couple days ago, not that far from par. Analysts say it will reach par in the tail end of this year. The US is broke and the US dollar is damaged goods. This is a long term phenonemon.
Can't wait to make another purchase in the US, and do some more shopping while i'm at it! Might as well get the rims there too in the same trip
Old 06-05-2009, 01:42 PM   #133
theblue
old school US member.

Quote:
Originally Posted by europrince View Post
While it's true that US dollar will fall somewhat, Canada and the rest of the world are tied into it and will also shift as a result. So if the US dollar falls, so will the Canadian one. The missing link is that there is nothing special going on that will make the Canadian Dollar climb proportionally to the US one. There is no gold standard at play here, faith in the USD is what will hold its value from falling into something like a bankruptcy.

If you disagree then start playing the forex game and see what happens if you have that much faith in the shift.

Last edited by theblue; 06-05-2009 at 01:45 PM.
theblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2009, 01:48 PM   #134
Fel
Not Banned

Quote:

How about punctuation?
Old 06-05-2009, 01:56 PM   #135
theblue
old school US member.

we'd all die if punctuation was enforced. Consider the difference to be the same as how you would talking in a business meeting vs. with your friends at a bar. Just because more slang is used at the bar doesn't mean that you drop all grammar. the root of this is that the brain translates you're into "you are" (assuming some mild education). So if I was to say "Your an idiot" I would be the one who looks like an idiot.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: