Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > Misc > Off-topic
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 06-04-2009, 04:18 PM   #106
nomeam
2nd Gear Member

you never truely appreciate something if it's beyond you're means. if you are bitching about maintenance on the bimmer, buy a honda and be happy with it. You will enjoy life alot more.
nomeam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 04:22 PM   #107
topaz330ci
Bang Boom

im not bitching about maintenance on a beamer.... im just stating that they need a lot of maintenance. Their not really what their cut out to be! their meant to dump money for some reason, every single model has all sorts of annoying problems, mine rattles so much its so annoying and im so picky that i might fix all that shit, speaker rattle, window rattles hell, all the speakers rattle, i got a shock strut or whatever it is rattling in the back... annoying issues... anyways i dont want to get into it, you get the drift.
topaz330ci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 04:32 PM   #108
theblue
old school US member.

Send a message via AIM to theblue
Quote:
Originally Posted by topaz330ci View Post
Ya man, i live with my parents, i just turned 23 in feb, my parents are 50, and 51.... whats the problem?
you missed the joke, re:

Quote:
My client daily drives his, it sees snow rain you name it. He's also like 70 years old
you live at home with your parents and post on the internet about buying a Quattroporte, you also think the Canadian dollar is going to beat the US dollar.

how did you not expect to be made fun of.
Old 06-04-2009, 04:42 PM   #109
Nick_V
6th Gear Member

Quote:
i got a shock strut or whatever it is rattling in the back... annoying issues...
And you're going to maintain a Maserati yourself. All the power to you if your plans come to fruition, but I think you're out to lunch.
Nick_V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 04:43 PM   #110
rodo
6th Gear Member

Let's not get into an argument. Fact of the matter is as follows, if you buy a quattroporte and do brake jobs and oil changes on the street you will officially be the most hood-rich quattroporte owner out there.

2010 Expedition

Objects in mirror are farther than they appear Only in a BMW

rodo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 05:46 PM   #111
TNation
Banned

hahaha you think a 3 series is expensive??????? HAHA a Maserati is a hidden Ferrari with the electronic gremlins and over-engineering of German cars and the reliability of Italian exotics
/facepalm
TNation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 06:27 PM   #112
BMW_7
Econobimmer Racing

Send a message via AIM to BMW_7 Send a message via MSN to BMW_7
Quote:
Ya man, i live with my parents, i just turned 23 in feb, my parents are 50, and 51.... whats the problem?
23, mooching off mommy and daddy, and having a 40k car is a definition of failure.

I moved out at 22. I suggest you look into that.

Helprace, a helpdesk & community platform
BMW_7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 10:23 PM   #113
damameke
6th Gear Member

So, OP wants to buy the QP, if CND is at par with US.
he will maintain it with his mechanic friend.

A year later, he will build his own house.

A lot of good advice and opinion.

By next year, there will be a nice house with a 3 car garage
one of which house the QP..

How's that for dreaming?
damameke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2009, 01:13 AM   #114
rodo
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by damameke View Post
So, OP wants to buy the QP, if CND is at par with US.
he will maintain it with his mechanic friend.

A year later, he will build his own house.

A lot of good advice and opinion.

By next year, there will be a nice house with a 3 car garage
one of which house the QP..

How's that for dreaming?

It's not, he said his GF will pay for a portion lol If I ever did that I wouldn't be able to go out in public I'd be so embarrassed, but I guess that's the way I've been brought up.

2010 Expedition

Objects in mirror are farther than they appear Only in a BMW

rodo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2009, 02:55 AM   #115
Jim .E.
E90 n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW_7 View Post
23, mooching off mommy and daddy, and having a 40k car is a definition of failure.

+1 at this. I just graduated and my goal in life was 1 year after graduating to get an Acura NSX. But the more I think of it now, it's coming down to finding my own place first then worrying about the car. Yea so I don't meet my goal, it's still an affordable target and its a Acura - so it's not THAT bad on maintenance.
Old 06-05-2009, 08:19 AM   #116
damameke
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim .E. View Post
+1 at this. I just graduated and my goal in life was 1 year after graduating to get an Acura NSX. But the more I think of it now, it's coming down to finding my own place first then worrying about the car. Yea so I don't meet my goal, it's still an affordable target and its a Acura - so it's not THAT bad on maintenance.
Ya, so you prioritised your goals, and adjust your plan, thats cool and
if you stick to it, you will own your NSX, thats a more realistic car to own than a QP.

Last edited by damameke; 06-05-2009 at 12:10 PM.
Old 06-05-2009, 08:21 AM   #117
damameke
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rodo View Post
It's not, he said his GF will pay for a portion lol If I ever did that I wouldn't be able to go out in public I'd be so embarrassed, but I guess that's the way I've been brought up.
So, why should you be embarrassed !!!! Live beyond your mean.. isnt that's why we have this subprime mess??? Just kidding.

OK, so the g/f will own half the QP and the house, ,still a good dream..
Old 06-05-2009, 08:45 AM   #118
98Dinan3
6th Gear Member

Send a message via MSN to 98Dinan3
you're 23, and want what is basically a Ferrari as a DD.... Insurance is gonna eat you alive. Have you even looked into what that will cost? hahahahahaha
Old 06-05-2009, 10:49 AM   #119
topaz330ci
Bang Boom

Car will be fully mine, just on my dads name to save insurance.. my girl and I would prob split on a house making a combined down payment and combined monthly payments... Nothing to be embarassed about there. She has a really good job also, she's only 21, ya laugh it up, ill laugh with you hahaha.. She finished 4 yrs criminology, and got a job in goverment right after also.. anyways.. my goal is not that bad boys, its not the proper steps, but you switch things around a bit and thats it. You make it seem like ill work on this car on the streets lol... My really close friend has an amazing shop. but realistically if something more confusing goes on it, and i can't research the matter, ill have to take it in somwhere else with way more knowledge. And thats OK. Im 23 and i'm def not mooching off my parents... In a romanian culture, we work hard! and i like to play real hard! You guys might think im a young guy dreaming, but i make things happen and when i say something i always do it. Not saying ill def buy this car right away if the dollar hits par, but if for some reason its not this car, it will be another amazing machine, no doubt about it. I told friends im going to the states to buy a car, and i went the next week and bought a plane ticket to North Carolina and set up wire transfers with banks and so on... a week vacation in north carolina, and i was driving 16 hours back to the border. Pretty cool experience for a 23 year old.

All in all, i appreciate the good advice and all... and i understand what people are saying! But right now im looking at moving up in everything very fast and in a calculated manner. Im def not a penny pincher type of guy... but im smart about my decisions. I wouldn't buy a car like this if i couldn't handle it or if i have to suffer in altering my lifestyle!
Old 06-05-2009, 10:54 AM   #120
topaz330ci
Bang Boom

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW_7 View Post

definition of a failure?? i could move out anytime, like i said, just stacking the bread up now. I think its a smart way of proceeding. Im not in a rush to move out yet. I want to save,save,save. Your judging me as a failure cause of that. moving out at 22 is failing. I could've moved out at 18... whats the point. privacy? **** that, i got all the privacy i need... and not wasting a dime.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: