Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > maXimum Tech > 3 Series > E36 (1991 - 1999)
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 06-06-2009, 07:21 AM   #1
Dropped325i
e30experiment.com

94 318is

picked up a new winter/daily car since the e30 went into a turbo build..

link to pics and details of the e36 here.. about to do the clutch in a few hrs, its all ripped apart right now (pics in link), just got my parts in yesterday..

http://www.offthewallcustoms.com/Oth.../e36/index.htm

pics of the e30 turbo project,

http://www.offthewallcustoms.com/Oth...uild/index.htm
Old 06-07-2009, 07:14 AM   #2
Kris Mason
1st Gear Newbie

BMW 1994 318is

BMW 318is has 150k miles, it's automatic and I get 30 mpg hwy. Everything still works, it's fast, reliable and great looking but most of all, the handling of this car exceeds everything I've ever driven. I will never own another make of automobile than BMW. New or used, BMW is your best bet for economy, resale, reliability and pleasure.
Old 06-07-2009, 10:18 PM   #3
Dropped325i
e30experiment.com

i cant ****in believe this.. saches, prints on the clutch "gearbox side" so i have that side facing the tranny, but thats incorrect. got the job done and i need to redo it. im not removing the motor and tranny this time. ill tilt the motor and use extensions. i checked the bently, it shows the clutch disk with the piece going out in the middle faces the transmission, even though on the saches clutch the opposite side says "gearbox side" go figure.. this sucks. but i will never install a disc wrong again. and i usually leave things together but i brought in the clutch disc to work to show people how it bad it was. well.. 2nd clutch job is coming.

how does "gearbox side" supposed to face the motor?

also my damn clutch kit didnt come with a alignment tool, my bro keeps them from installs and he had one that worked.
Old 06-08-2009, 07:15 AM   #4
Dropped325i
e30experiment.com

well i guess i installed the clutch right and the gearbox side is the tranny side, and the bently pic is wrong. that's what someone told me on bimmerforums. duno what the heck is wrong now with it

before it started to rain, after like 10 attempts of bleeding the clutch with 2 people, then gravity bleeding it, i was able to push the clutch down 3/4 and switch gears, if i pushed it to the floor, it made some weird noise.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: