Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > maXimum Tech > 3 Series > E30 (1983 - 1991)
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 07-22-2009, 05:32 PM   #31
BMWnoob
2nd Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by T.Dot_E30 View Post
The fear with oil pans, is that if you have a sewer above ground higher than the road. Teach your wife to never go over those, swerve around it or go over it with one of your wheels.

If she drives over it while in the middle of your car, it can directly hit your oilpan if high enough.

That is what you really have to watch out for, a normal person's reaction would be to drive over big rocks/objects thinking it will pass thru the middle.......but not the case when your oil pan in right there and very low.
i now understand the issues with have a lowered car lol.. the last few weeks have been exciting i didn't know the roads in toronto are so horrible.. cracks, bumps and potholes everywhere.. haven't had any issues manoveuring around but it does make driving around a bit more intense...

wifey wants to consider raising the car as i suspected she would.. any ideas what i should be looking for in terms of a slight raise? inch or 2?.. stock height would look kinda ugly i think..
BMWnoob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2009, 09:18 PM   #32
davericher20
black and blue

what rims are those?
I need rims now I think I'm getting dicked around with AZEV and those are pretty close to what I'm looking for.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JINT View Post
Some people have serious track experience from the cruise, so what is fast to you, isn't fast to them.
davericher20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2009, 12:00 AM   #33
matty.dc
5th Gear Member

Send a message via MSN to matty.dc
If you want to raise it a little i would buy into the eibach pro kit which i believe is a 1.6" front and 1.4" rear drop. Which would still look good with your 17's.

1987 325is(Midnight Tuning Tuned OBD I S52) - Current Summer Car
2012 Hyundai Veloster Tech- Daily Driver
1985 318i - 1st Car (started it all)
matty.dc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2009, 10:30 AM   #34
BMWnoob
2nd Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by matty.dc View Post
If you want to raise it a little i would buy into the eibach pro kit which i believe is a 1.6" front and 1.4" rear drop. Which would still look good with your 17's.
what's the cheapest way to do this that's safe..someone mentioned adding extra rubber spring pads all around.. thoughts on that? i would just need to change the springs right.. the shocks and whatever else are reusable?
Old 07-23-2009, 01:38 PM   #35
davericher20
black and blue

do you know what rims they are?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JINT View Post
Some people have serious track experience from the cruise, so what is fast to you, isn't fast to them.
davericher20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2009, 03:21 PM   #36
BMWnoob
2nd Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by davericher20 View Post
do you know what rims they are?
lol nope.. actually i think they are.. replica ac snitzer's or something like that.. but seriously no idea! anybody wanna swap springs?

edit.. think i found a linky
http://images.google.ca/imgres?imgur...%3Den%26um%3D1

Last edited by BMWnoob; 07-23-2009 at 03:27 PM.
Old 07-24-2009, 01:12 AM   #37
juzer
7000 RPM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWnoob View Post
lol nope.. actually i think they are.. replica ac snitzer's or something like that.. but seriously no idea! anybody wanna swap springs?

edit.. think i found a linky
http://images.google.ca/imgres?imgur...%3Den%26um%3D1
im interested in exchange, shocks and springs, i have stock on my 87 325i convertible. what make are they and how low?
Old 07-24-2009, 02:42 AM   #38
W2WDETAILING
Banned

i have the eibach pro kit springs on my e30 with 17" rims IMO the front still sits kinda high. car looks really good. i smashed my oil pan pulling into a parking lot in leaside right beside the cibc off laird ave when my car was at stock height and at the time my struts were brand spanking new!
W2WDETAILING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2009, 09:02 AM   #39
BMWnoob
2nd Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by juzer View Post
im interested in exchange, shocks and springs, i have stock on my 87 325i convertible. what make are they and how low?
i don't want stock suspension lol... i still want it low just not as low..thanks for the offer though.. going try to figure out what suspension is on the car.. cause i have no clue...

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: