Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > General > Track Junkies
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 05-25-2009, 12:24 PM   #1
BigPoppa
1st Gear Newbie

.: Toyo Tires, JRP, Attack Time Trial Series :.

Toyo Tires, JRP, Attack Time Trial Series

Hosted by SPDA

This unique event put's together 4 motorsports disciplines in one unique event, the only one of it's kind. No other time has a series been designed to incorporate 4 distinct disciplines using a simple series of rules, and using a common scoring system.

The unique outcome results in the series becoming more of a drivers event than a car event. Some cars are excellent for Drag Racing, but put those cars in a gymkhana and see what happens. Same goes for cars designed for Gymkhana, put those on a drag strip and the results are considerably different.

Add to those disciplines, a real "Time Attack" and a "Touge" and there you have the uniqueness of the ATTS!

June 6th 2009 brings the series to life with QA sessions and advanced registrations. Register in advance for the ability to win your share of over $10,000.00 worth of prizes for participating in the ATTS.

Event 1: June 27th 2009
Event Name: Gymkhana

A high speed course layed out using cones, negotiate this course with the minimum of carnage and you gain points towards the ATTS series. Unlike a traditional Autoslalom or SoloII course, Gymkhana courses use less cones, are simpler in design, wider allowing the selection of racing lines. Plus you get unlimited runs during the morning to "get it right" before the single run compeition run in the afternoon.

Download the rulebook and registration sheet by clicking here -> Click me and save me in your computer.

Post your questions in the forum here -> Click me to get to the ATTS Q&A forum

CAR CLASSES

There are four classes in the ATTS series. You are in the highest class that applies to your car:

A Class – Street class
All cars shall be licensed to be driven on the street, driven to the event, rims and street tires shall not protrude beyond the fender, no suspension modifications, no internal engine work;
o Or a weight (lb) to horsepower ratio greater than 12:1 and tires with a tread wear rating of 140 or greater.

B Class – Street Prepared class
All requirements and allowances as A Class, with the addition of R-compound tires and bolt-on aftermarket suspension;
o Or a weight (lb) to horsepower ratio between 11.9:1 – 8.0:1 and tires with a tread wear rating of 50 or greater.

C Class – Street Modified class
All requirements and allowances from A Class and B Class, with the addition of internal engine modifications, cars must be street legal

D Class – Open Modified class
All cars transported on trailers, race cars, caged cars, non-street legal cars, etc.
Purpose built cars, tube chassis cars, cars classified as “Super cars” will automatically be classed in D – Open Modified class.

FAQ
What do I win?
Top 3 places for each class will receive a Trophy and product awards from the event sponsors. Stay tuned for the announcements. All awards are non-transferable, non-refundable, and expire at the end of 2010. To be eligible for awards, each competitor shall fulfill all contracted obligations between ATTS and the participating sponsor companies. 1st, 2nd, 3rd Prizes / Class + Door Prizes total greater than $10,000.00 in retail value.
How am I scored?
Your score is proportional to the fastest competitor in your class or the classes below.
Scoring will be based on a sliding point scale system:

*100 Points for 1st Place in class
*70 Points for 2nd Place in class
*60 Points for 3rd Place in class
*50 Points for 4th Place in class
*40 Points for 5th Place in class

*Note: 20 Points are deducted if competitors switch from tires indicated on the registration form or if tire brands / compound are changed at anytime during the series. Competitors may change classes based on tire choices for 0 penalty points.
How many drivers can share a car?
Two, cars with multiple drivers will be staggered to allow a minimum of 15 minutes between runs. 2nd driver must be in a higher class.
Do I have to help?
Yes, and the penalty is severe if you miss your assignments.

Can I carry a passenger?
Yes, during warm up or non competitive events, passengers are allowed in the vehicle provided that they sign the event waiver and are wearing a DOT Certified Helmet.
No. During competition, only the driver of the vehicle is allowed to be in the vehicle. Under certain circumstances, drivers maybe required to carry an assigned instructional coach in the car.

Once cleared by the instructional coach, ATTS competitors may carry passengers on “non-Competition” runs. Passengers must comply with all safety regulations regarding the event, including the supplemental rules. During competition runs, no passengers other than a certified ATTS instructional coach (as designated by the event stewards) are allowed.

Can I compete in a go-kart or kit car or?
This is for cars only, no open wheel or go-karts

Can I use nitrous?
No, nitrous is prohibited from being used in this event.

I have a question about registration?
Please send an email to atts at spda-online.ca or contact JRP for clarification.

I still have a question …
ATTS Championship manager, atts at spda-online.ca
BigPoppa is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: