Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > Misc > Off-topic
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 05-23-2009, 01:52 AM   #1
Xray
4th Gear Member

What do you think of my new fido plan?

my old plan:
EPP 200/Unl. E/WE+Eve. 5pm $17.50
Value Pack $11.00 (150 text, caller id, voice mail, who called)
Unl. incoming local calls $10.00
200 text messages $5.00
911 + saf = $7.45
total: $ 50.95 + tax

ok so i recently switched to fido from rogers (after being with them for 5 years) and always regretted my decision after. On rogers i had MY5 and rogers to rogers calling for free which pretty much adds up all my calls plus 200min 6pm for weekdays, and i paid around the same price as my fido bill.

But with fido i didn't have the freedom of calling people whenever i wanted because it would use my minutes.

to cut the story short i called up fido and told them that im not happy , blah blah blah and im paying too much for nothing and how im unhappy about the system access fee and 911 charge since new fido users dont even get that.

after a few offers and rejections i finally accepted this attractive deal,

NEW PLAN:
-200 minutes weekdays, eve starting 5pm 17.50$
-a full value pack which includes 1500 or 2500 text, not sure which , caller id, voice mail, phone internet browsing and all those other things. 10$
-unlimited incoming calls 10$
-service access fee waved forever +911 charge
-unlimited network calling (fido to fido, fido to rogers, fido to rogers home phone) 10$
-10$ discount for 2 years

TOTAL: $37.50 + TAXES

i think this is pretty good and almost everybody that i know is with fido and rogers and they have rogers home phone so i doubt i'll ever go over my minutes.
Old 05-23-2009, 06:05 PM   #2
BMW_7
Econobimmer Racing

Send a message via AIM to BMW_7 Send a message via MSN to BMW_7
im paying 29.95 with fido

EPP 200 weekdays/ Unlimited Evenings/Weekends+ Evenings start at 5pm. no caller id or voicemail (i always keep the phone with me and don't need it)

Helprace, a helpdesk & community platform
BMW_7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2009, 09:18 PM   #3
King Luis
The King.

Send a message via MSN to King Luis
i think fido has the best plans.

i'm paying around $60 a month but i get 250min, unlimited weekends + evenings and text messages, call display, visual voicemail, 500mb (overkill) data. i used to pay around $90 when the iphone first came out but i love how you can change your plan whenever with fido.

Sold:2004 Silver Gray M3
Mods: Dice Unit, EAS Angel Eyes, Painted Reflectors, CSL Diffuser, Smoked Corners, PSS10s, 15mm Front and 10mm Rear Spacers.

Gone:1990 Brilliantrot 325is
Mods: Alpine speakers and HU, Euro Projectors, Magnaflow Muffler, Euro Smoked Tails and GC Coilovers.
King Luis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2009, 12:15 PM   #4
niko_gt
6th Gear Member

Hey Xray,

my gf is currently a fido customer and is paying alot more then that. Is that just a regular rate you got quoted or did you have to throw out names or something? did you lock into a contract, i want details because i tihnk im gonna be calling fido to work out something similar.
Old 05-24-2009, 12:50 PM   #5
TheLoneVR!
戦うために住み、住む戦い

i have been with Telus even before when it was Clearnet!! lol

My plan with Telus is not bad
1300 min daytime
free evenings/weekends from 5pm -8am
unlimited txt,email,browser
3 way calling
Call forwarding
conference calling
.......and a bunch of other shit included in a buisness plan

all for 60/mth + taxes

So Im not complaining at all
TheLoneVR! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2009, 12:55 PM   #6
dbworld4k
Addict

Mine is so shit. I have 200 anytime weekday mins, unltd evenings/weekends after 6pm. Call waiting/forwarding/VM and ultd txting for #30 incl tax.

If it wasn't for UNLTD txting I'd be screwed. 200 minutes sucks ass. My plan FTL

'02 ///M5 Imola Red / Imola Red '09 335i Alpine White / Coral Red

Past:
'04 E55 AMG Brilliant Silver / Anthracite
'96 318i Alpine White / Black
'01 330Ci Titanium Silver / Coral Red
'96 328i Jet Black / Black
dbworld4k is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2009, 03:17 PM   #7
Xray
4th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by niko_gt View Post
Hey Xray,

my gf is currently a fido customer and is paying alot more then that. Is that just a regular rate you got quoted or did you have to throw out names or something? did you lock into a contract, i want details because i think im gonna be calling fido to work out something similar.

hey niko,

that is not a regular rate, and customer service will never be able to give it to you either. Only people with power to give it to you are in the retention department (also known as customer relations). I didn't have to renew my contract. I simply called them and told them this , that a third party company called me earlier on behalf of rogers and wanted me to switch from fido to rogers (i have 2 years left in my contract) and they gave me a pretty good offer.

The offer that they gave me was unlimited network calling, 250 minutes, 2500 texts and unlimited incoming calls. all this for 45 dollars including tax. Best of all, they were going to wave the early cancellation fee. Then i went on about how im happy with fido but their plans aren't that attractive and they don't really fit my needs. So the reason for my call is to see if fido can do anything for me to keep me as a customer, if not then adios.

i said all of this to the customer service girl and since they aren't allowed to cancel any accounts they transferred me to the customer relations department. The dude that i spoke with asked me to make him an offer lol. i couldn't believe it. i told him as long as my bill is below 45 dollars and it matches the offer made by the third party company i'll be happy. so he gave me offer and i took it.

Fido and rogers don't want to lose any customers. If I were to switch over to rogers from fido, that means i wasn't happy with fido, and that is bad marketing for them. My word of mouth could mean a couple of less future customers for fido. So the customer relations job is to keep every customer even if they are switching from fido to rogers which are both the same company now.
Old 05-24-2009, 03:32 PM   #8
dbworld4k
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xray View Post
hey niko,
Sorry, but I couldn't help but read this in a Jamaican accent and picture the dude from GTA saying it. LOLOL!

'02 ///M5 Imola Red / Imola Red '09 335i Alpine White / Coral Red

Past:
'04 E55 AMG Brilliant Silver / Anthracite
'96 318i Alpine White / Black
'01 330Ci Titanium Silver / Coral Red
'96 328i Jet Black / Black
dbworld4k is online now   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: