Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > Misc > Off-topic
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 05-21-2009, 11:05 PM   #16
Blades
Your opinion is to long

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigD View Post

I don't know the brand in question but creatine in general is a waste of money.

What?? are you serious? You gain 10% more strength and endurance on creatine. I know it worked for me .. especially at points where I would peak and cant get to the next level. Hell .. Lots of soccer players use it all the time.

All it takes is one bad day to reduce the sanest man alive to lunacy. Thats how far the world is from where i am. just one bad day. - Unknown
Blades is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2009, 11:07 PM   #17
BigD
the misanthropist

Quote:
Originally Posted by blades View Post
what?? Are you serious?
100%
Old 05-21-2009, 11:26 PM   #18
Blades
Your opinion is to long

Quote:
100%
i disagree with you this time

All it takes is one bad day to reduce the sanest man alive to lunacy. Thats how far the world is from where i am. just one bad day. - Unknown
Old 05-22-2009, 12:04 AM   #19
BigD
the misanthropist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blades View Post
i disagree with you this time
That's fine, I was asked for my opinion and I obliged. For whatever it's worth though, I've tried just about every fitness related chemical under the sun, most of them in dosages reserved for things that run in circles at Woodbine. I've got a former world and current Canadian powerlifting record to show for it. I've also trained with some of the best coaches and strongest people on the planet (powerlifting, track, football) and IFBB bodybuilders. I'm not going to tell anyone what to do with their time and money, nor am I going to tell anyone they're wrong but I'm also not going to hold back my views when I'm asked.
Old 05-22-2009, 12:10 AM   #20
sirex
King Sirex

Hey when youre lifting the 5lbs heavy weights, you need all the help you can get.

Quote:
You gain 10% more strength and endurance on creatine. I know it worked for me
are u sure its not the placebo effect BigD was talking about? I mean how exactly can you measure 10% more strength in your overall ability?

Last edited by sirex; 05-22-2009 at 12:16 AM.
sirex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 11:10 AM   #21
Blades
Your opinion is to long

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirex View Post
Hey when youre lifting the 5lbs heavy weights, you need all the help you can get.

are u sure its not the placebo effect BigD was talking about? I mean how exactly can you measure 10% more strength in your overall ability?
not placebo .. I know I could lift more from the first time I started on it. I've been going to the gym for many years now .. It was after 1 year I decided to try out creatine and it did make a difference .. I could lift more and do more cardio. I say try it out yourself and see what you get .. all I know is when I go to the gym I push really hard that my shirt is soaked with sweat. Placebo or mind over matter however you look at it .. when I couldnt do more I couldnt do more but after creatine on one day i did a lot more.

I cant say I measured it properly but it felt like a 10% gain but adding more 10lbs more weight and/or more reps in my routine.

Old 05-22-2009, 01:17 PM   #22
BigD
the misanthropist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blades View Post
Placebo or mind over matter
Placebo is mind over matter. One of the reasons I don't tell people to not use supplements unless asked is because they do often help. They may not do jack shit physiologically but when people spend money on something they are convinced will help them, they usually start training harder with a more positive attitude (and often eating better). That alone is worth the price.
Old 05-22-2009, 05:53 PM   #23
Furious
BMW again.

Quote:
Placebo is mind over matter. One of the reasons I don't tell people to not use supplements unless asked is because they do often help. They may not do jack shit physiologically but when people spend money on something they are convinced will help them, they usually start training harder with a more positive attitude (and often eating better). That alone is worth the price.

This is as right as you can be.. i use protein shakes but not creatine, however i do use n02.. weather it works or not i "feel" i get a better workout on it..

also i have a tub of costco protein, its not bad, its bad for mixing and tastes like shit but it works just the same as any other
Furious is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: