Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > Misc > Off-topic
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 05-20-2009, 08:10 PM   #16
DAM
Trinational 951

My gf just picked up a Nissan Sentra 2.0S in that price bracket, not a bad little car, and a surprising amount of rear legroom
Old 05-20-2009, 08:23 PM   #17
5thseries
biggerthen3

you cannot go wrong with a sienna, those vans are really reliable, did my uncles good a trip to florida and back, and still going strong!
5thseries is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2009, 08:38 PM   #18
Blades
Your opinion is to long

if you get the escape your asking for problems .. engine issues and electronic gremlins

All it takes is one bad day to reduce the sanest man alive to lunacy. Thats how far the world is from where i am. just one bad day. - Unknown
Blades is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2009, 08:42 PM   #19
JNSchnitzer
Christ is King

Thanks for the advice guys.

I'm really liking the Sonata and the Fusion. I've owned an Escape before and it gave me no problems. I don't know why I don't just go and get the Civic, I guess when I compare it with the others I don't feel like I'm getting too much car for the money because Honda feels like they can be cheap on what they include on their cars just because of their name.

It's quite amazing, the base Sonata GL comes with an iPod connector!

edit: oh by the way I went to Erinwood Ford and I'll probably be test-driving a 5-spd Escape but I was told that if I can wait the 2010 Fusions will be at 0%/60mo in a few months.
JNSchnitzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2009, 09:52 PM   #20
dble Trouble
TAKE IT TO THE TRACK

The Fusion is a great car, same chassis, engine, suspension, brakes as Mazda 6, so can't go wrong there. I also had a 4 cyl 5 speed 4 wheel drive Escape and no problems whatsoever. i mean nothing. I did prefer the overall feel of the v6 but no manual, no sale.
I rented a bottom of the barrel Kia Rondo, last time I was in Fla, and ****! what an awesome car! Blew my wife and I away, especially considering the price and we had a stripper.
For the price however, I think you're on the button with the Sonata. I just have this problem with sedans and small trunk openings. I mean the Sonata's trunk is enormous, but he mouth is small. So no large Items, ie' big boxes or whatever. I much prefer hatchbacks a la old mazda 6 hatchback. My sister has one, but now they've discontinued them? Damn americans!
dble Trouble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2009, 10:21 PM   #21
BMW_7
Econobimmer Racing

Send a message via AIM to BMW_7 Send a message via MSN to BMW_7
Honda Fit Honda Fit Honda Fit Honda Fit Honda Fit Honda Fit Honda Fit Honda Fit Honda Fit Honda Fit Honda Fit Honda Fit Honda Fit Honda Fit Honda Fit Honda Fit Honda Fit Honda Fit Honda Fit Honda Fit Honda Fit Honda Fit Honda Fit Honda Fit Honda Fit Honda Fit Honda Fit Honda Fit Honda Fit Honda Fit Honda Fit Honda Fit Honda Fit Honda Fit Honda Fit Honda Fit Honda Fit Honda Fit Honda Fit Honda Fit Honda Fit Honda Fit Honda Fit Honda Fit Honda Fit Honda Fit Honda Fit Honda Fit Honda Fit Honda Fit Honda Fit Honda Fit Honda Fit Honda Fit Honda Fit Honda Fit Honda Fit Honda Fit Honda Fit Honda Fit

Helprace, a helpdesk & community platform
BMW_7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2009, 11:13 PM   #22
JNSchnitzer
Christ is King

Quote:
Originally Posted by dble Trouble View Post
The Fusion is a great car, same chassis, engine, suspension, brakes as Mazda 6, so can't go wrong there. I also had a 4 cyl 5 speed 4 wheel drive Escape and no problems whatsoever. i mean nothing. I did prefer the overall feel of the v6 but no manual, no sale.
I rented a bottom of the barrel Kia Rondo, last time I was in Fla, and ****! what an awesome car! Blew my wife and I away, especially considering the price and we had a stripper.
For the price however, I think you're on the button with the Sonata. I just have this problem with sedans and small trunk openings. I mean the Sonata's trunk is enormous, but he mouth is small. So no large Items, ie' big boxes or whatever. I much prefer hatchbacks a la old mazda 6 hatchback. My sister has one, but now they've discontinued them? Damn americans!
Great advice

I'll have to look at the Rondo again, I just hate the way it looks. I still can't get the Civic out of my head because the resale on it is great. I'll let you guys know what I decide.

I love the Fit but I'm not sure if I want to pay so much interest on that car.
Old 05-20-2009, 11:18 PM   #23
joeys323ci
2nd Gear Member

diesel jetta FTW 1100-1200km per tank
Old 05-20-2009, 11:29 PM   #24
BMW_7
Econobimmer Racing

Send a message via AIM to BMW_7 Send a message via MSN to BMW_7
In the price segment car design is a big issue for me at least.. I think Kia Soul & Honda Fit are the best looking cars on the market now

Helprace, a helpdesk & community platform
BMW_7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2009, 11:42 PM   #25
JNSchnitzer
Christ is King

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW_7 View Post
In the price segment car design is a big issue for me at least.. I think Kia Soul & Honda Fit are the best looking cars on the market now
Agreed 100%
Old 05-21-2009, 12:03 AM   #26
Blades
Your opinion is to long

Quote:
Originally Posted by dble Trouble View Post
There is a problem with the mazda 6 ... havent you noticed the huge pilers in the car .. if someone is crossing the street and your at the intersection making a turn you could end up hitting them just because you didnt notice them. Now imagine the wife driving

I forgot which one is the worse of them all .. the mazda 5 or the 6. Other then that the car is great.

All it takes is one bad day to reduce the sanest man alive to lunacy. Thats how far the world is from where i am. just one bad day. - Unknown
Blades is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 11:54 AM   #27
344i
5th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by EstorilM3 View Post
None of the above, particularly if they're not made in Canada or USA or Mexico.
My vote goes for the Ford Fusion.
I had a rental last year, and I was really surprised how good of a car it is. Yes, you can get it in a manual tranny, althoough I wouldn't since the 6 speed auto is very good indeed.
Being a family car, you're not going to be driving it on a race course, so stick with the auto tranny.

And furthermost, you'll keep the money in North America as I believe the new ones are assembled in Wayne, Indiana.

0$ down
0% interest for 36 months
0$ security deposit
0$ on delivery
0$ downpayment....

LOOOOOOOL! looks like you kept the money in NA too with your m3 ...
344i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 01:41 PM   #28
ShortShifter
Sex Wagon

Just buy my E36 for your family
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigD View Post
Only if you have an iVag.
ShortShifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 03:40 PM   #29
Michel
6th Gear Member

^lol we already have 2 e46's and 1 e30... what will the neighbors think?!?
Old 05-22-2009, 06:10 PM   #30
Mystikal
Moderator/Event-Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by eta Epsilon View Post
You would be surpised my friend. The Rondo is always refer as superior to the Mazda 5, which you would think is better because it's a mazda...and if you don't want any trouble for the 5 next years, that's the car to get. Their warranty is hard to beat! 5/5/5

But I'm not really objective, we have one at home.
I've never seen a test where the Rondo outscored the 5. Besides the warranty/price, the Mazda is just plain better.

@stancejay
Mystikal is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: