Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > Classifieds > For Sale > Other BMW Parts
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 03-08-2003, 07:32 PM   #16
Bill Gates
6th Gear Member

Send a message via MSN to Bill Gates

Quote:
Originally posted by GR8 Ride
Well, if you're willing to advertise something for sale on a forum (as opposed to the Auto Trader which is uni-directional), then you have to be willing to accept that some people are going to jump on and comment on it.

As I've said, I am looking for a beater daily driver, but if I can buy a '93 with less mileage for the same or less than your car, I could very well be ahead in the game.

I'm not saying your car isn't *reasonably* priced, but it's a little high for a '92. People here do tend to look out for one another, and it's a free forum...ie, everybody here is entitled to offer their opinions, and also ignore them if they choose.

Good luck in selling your car.

Pat
I'd have to agree with Pat. people here tend to look out for one another, which is cool.
nobody likes to be taken advantage of, and i for one appreciate the comments, especially if the person knows what their talking about.
Old 03-08-2003, 07:47 PM   #17
MIKES
2nd Gear Member

Ok, now we are taking this post where it doesn't have to be. I don't want to get involved in a pissing contest nor do I want to sit here and defend my car. All I said was if your interested pm me and lets talk, otherwise your comments are not helping. This is a public forum, true, but this look out for one another B.S is taken things too far. You couldn't care less about anybody else on this board because all they are to you is just another user name(because you don't have a clue WHO is interested in my car). I am not ripping anyone off so your concern for others means nothing. I am not starting a flaming war so don't get things twisted. Flip the script, now you are me. All I have to say is WTF. Post something forsale and have someone who has not seen your product shoot it down based on what others sell theirs for and you will understand my view. Don't throw stones in a glass house. I would never drop my 2 cents in anyones post if I am not interested. If I couldn't afford it, I just move on. But thats me. So forget the replies on my post and lets move on. If your interested pm me and lets exchange info and talk.
Old 03-09-2003, 02:59 AM   #18
sonic07
6th Gear Member

Re: ...

Quote:
Originally posted by Bill Gates
I'd have to agree with Pat. people here tend to look out for one another, which is cool.
nobody likes to be taken advantage of, and i for one appreciate the comments, especially if the person knows what their talking about.
bill gates is right ... sorry i am not trying to gang up here...
i am looking for a deal on used 325is.
ok i have to put my 2 cent into this because i am one is still looking for 92 325is well originally was 94 325is for this spring. i've been watching this threads daily if anything change on pricing but i didn't bother as yet 'till now because the price is still way off for me but i do interested in the car. i've done my home work how much a perfect good used 92 325is by talking to some of the guys that i know at fleet car leasing and one of them is from bmw dealer. he used to be my friend neighbour.
i guess the most fairway to find out how much is your car really worth in the bmw market place get an appraissal trade in value from bmw dealer. well i guess is a good deal for the buyer.
and again it doesn't mean that you have to accept the quote.
currently i am still dealing with federalauditor with his 325. i might not like the colour. i like the colour of mikes better.
ok i said it .... anybody who doesn't like my posting just forget it.
but if you have any negative or positive opinion for me as a buyer please do reply.

Pedal To The Metal
sonic07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2003, 03:29 AM   #19
Jon@Bimmersport
MaXsponsor

pat, how about a 2002 malibu?

Authorized Ontario dealer for Active Autowerke|VF-Engineering|[/color]ESS TuningAFE|Bilstein Suspension|H&R Suspension|KW suspension|Brembo Brake Systems| Stoptech| - Call us for the best pricing please DO NOT PM in regards to pricing

Maintenance|Performance|Tuning & Forced Induction
Jon@Bimmersport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2003, 03:53 AM   #20
ROB89M3
6th Gear Member

MIKES,
don't worry about what Pat says...He'll never agree with what anyone says or does.....
ROB89M3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2003, 11:39 AM   #21
MIKES
2nd Gear Member

I have had 2 people view my car yesterday. One was a man in his mid 30's and he was waiting for insurance to settle with him him his accident (write off). The other was a lady (fine as all hell), but she was trying to sell her truck at the same time. Both said they wanted it but its a waiting game. The car was just detailed and stands out. They were both impressed to say the least. It will sell. No flames to anyone on this board, but the average guy on here is looking for a screaming price and hopes all works out mechanically. The average age group on this board is 18 -25 years old. Like I said I am not flaming , but when I was that age I had the same views in my mind aswell, so I understand. But now I rather spend a couple bucks more to get not nessesarily the best, but the best for my dollar. One thing I can't stand is a shittbox that I have to be constantly throughing money into, especailly since its for my Wife and children. I hear what you guys are saying and you know where I am coming from too. So as it sits, the car is still forsale.
Old 03-09-2003, 12:34 PM   #22
GR8 Ride
5th Gear Member

Send a message via ICQ to GR8 Ride
Quote:
Originally posted by ROB89M3
MIKES,
don't worry about what Pat says...He'll never agree with what anyone says or does.....
Once again, Stupidio manages to demonstrate why everybody in the BMW community thinks he's an idiot....
GR8 Ride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2003, 12:41 PM   #23
GR8 Ride
5th Gear Member

Send a message via ICQ to GR8 Ride
Quote:
Originally posted by MIKES
I have had 2 people view my car yesterday. One was a man in his mid 30's and he was waiting for insurance to settle with him him his accident (write off). The other was a lady (fine as all hell), but she was trying to sell her truck at the same time. Both said they wanted it but its a waiting game. The car was just detailed and stands out. They were both impressed to say the least. It will sell. No flames to anyone on this board, but the average guy on here is looking for a screaming price and hopes all works out mechanically. The average age group on this board is 18 -25 years old. Like I said I am not flaming , but when I was that age I had the same views in my mind aswell, so I understand. But now I rather spend a couple bucks more to get not nessesarily the best, but the best for my dollar. One thing I can't stand is a shittbox that I have to be constantly throughing money into, especailly since its for my Wife and children. I hear what you guys are saying and you know where I am coming from too. So as it sits, the car is still forsale.
MIKES,

As I said, good luck in selling your car. It's certainly not UNFAIRLY priced (it's not like you're asking $20,000 for a modified 11 year old car...), it's just a little on the high side. If it's in premium condition, it may very well be worth it.

As to looking for a screaming price, well, I'm ALWAYS guilty of that. Why should anyone voluntarily pay more than they have to?

If anything, when I was younger, I used to spend more money than I had to when buying a car....now I'm a lot more cautious going into it.

There are a couple of other reasons why I stick to my claim on the money side of things, but I have a *slightly* better understanding of the problems in early E36 BMW's than most people.

There are some definite advantages to the '92s though, if a person is prepared to get the car completely checked out.

Pat
GR8 Ride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2003, 04:21 PM   #24
ROB89M3
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally posted by GR8 Ride
Once again, Stupidio manages to demonstrate why everybody in the BMW community thinks he's an idiot....
Ask me if I CARE what everyone thinks.........
ROB89M3 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: