Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > Misc > Off-topic
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 05-15-2009, 07:55 AM   #1
noid
5th Gear Member

Wilfrid Laurier University: who recommends it? (part 2)

I have a thread a bit below this one about york university and who recommends it, after getting some feedback on that (very much appreciated) I would also now like to get some feedback on Wilfrid Laurier University as i have been accepted there as of this morning.

The program is a Honors BA, again any information about the school and even the program is appreciated
noid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2009, 08:07 AM   #2
El Gato Liso
6th Gear Member

its very small

5 mins away from UofWaterloo

and apparently its a high school, which is also suppose to be an insult from watleroo
Old 05-15-2009, 09:06 AM   #3
jstalin
capitalism=crisis

Very good school, I work with a few WL grads who are all high-quality
Old 05-15-2009, 09:06 AM   #4
sirex
King Sirex

omg, did you not research your schools at all?

Ive been there with my buddy. Alot of hot girls... Like alot.... A nice football field. Small campus.

Youll have a good time and **** alot of bitches there.
Old 05-15-2009, 12:58 PM   #5
propr'one
op sucks cock

Send a message via MSN to propr'one
WL is a nice place to go get laid.

Hot: 2001 Estoril M RoadsterZCP 19's michelin supersports, ZHP knob, JL 8W3
Cold: 2002 TiAg M3 6mt deoranged, dechromed, led tails, ZHP knob, UUC SS v3, GROM, OEM 18's w310's,
Fun: 2006 YZF-R6, black, ohlins, pazzo, graves
propr'one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2009, 01:47 PM   #6
JMW
Pole busted to boosted.

I went there, got my BA before going to law school. It is a great school, academically wise I loved my program and learned alot. The profs are great and willing to get to know students on a one on basis and the classes are not too big. Also, theres tones to do party wise, Waterloo is an okay city to live in, and its close enough to toronto/ sauga to leave for a weekend if you miss home. I, and everyone I know who have gone there highly recommend it. Also a great sports program if your good enough to make a varsity team, and if not, there are tones of other activities you can get involved in, as well as an amazing amazing amazing gym.
cheers. goodluck

Official Team BIMMERSPORTAUTOMOTIVE vehicle owner.
support: thanks to. Bimmersport automotive and audio 2 go (ATG motoring)

Quote:
Originally Posted by junaid
"i saw your car there when i was there a few weeks ago, looks absolutely stunning man. I think i popped a ****ing boner, that paint looks sick
JMW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2009, 06:11 PM   #7
slemmer
Driving in the fast lane

Just came back from the Waterloo dorm walkthrough. Nice place.

'04 645cic
'05 GMC Sierra SLT Z71 CCSB 4x4
'00 740i Sport
slemmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2009, 06:28 PM   #8
Bullet Ride
Cars in Perpetual Repair

Laurier is prime for hot broads. I don't know anything about their programs. The gym (as mentioned) is very nice, compared to the garbage at UW. The outdoor turf field is sick too, there's always people out there in the evening playing soccer and ultimate frisbee
Old 05-15-2009, 07:03 PM   #9
Dysantic
Captain Chaos

My cousin currently goes to Laurier. Hes been there for 2 years now and he loves it. Then again he is on the rugby team. lol

When I was looking at schools 4 years ago they were doing alot of work to rebuild and fix up a bunch of the buildings so I wasn't feeling it myself, but if thats all done it seemed like a nice school.
Old 05-15-2009, 07:25 PM   #10
Arash
6th Gear Member

good school, lotsa bitches, nice football field, nice gym, lotsa bitches. need i say more?
Arash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2009, 07:41 PM   #11
BMW_7
Econobimmer Racing

Send a message via AIM to BMW_7 Send a message via MSN to BMW_7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dinan_M5 View Post
Laurier is prime for hot broads. I don't know anything about their programs. The gym (as mentioned) is very nice, compared to the garbage at UW. The outdoor turf field is sick too, there's always people out there in the evening playing soccer and ultimate frisbee
even in winter? lol

I really have no clue about waterloo/laurier/guelph.. I didn't get accepted into guelph and was kinda happy because I didn't want to go there. This was after visiting the campus. Yes the girls were hot, but the school was huge and too spread out for me. I also thought that I'll be throwing money away for residence and come out with a huge debt.

Instead I went to Ryerson and commuted by subway to school. Is a slightly more fun social life worth it to come out with $10,000+ debt after school? Not for me..

Weigh your options... What other schools did you get accepted to?

Helprace, a helpdesk & community platform

Last edited by BMW_7; 05-15-2009 at 07:45 PM.
BMW_7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2009, 02:07 AM   #12
terrence330
3rd Gear Member

I am currently in 4th year BBA (major in accounting)
Other than the school itself is nice with bunch of hot chicks, what else do you want to know in terms of school work?

Laurier is different than other universities since majority of the classes (except 1st yr) are less than 60 people so that you have more discussion in classes.

If you are the type of person who likes to participate a lot in class, then laurier is a good choice for you.
Old 05-17-2009, 01:46 AM   #13
noid
5th Gear Member

This input is really great... every response is appreciated.

I need an opinion though, at york i got accepted to their economics course and at WL i can take their communication studies into the business direction (more so the marketing stream), personally i dont even know which one i want to do, i know i want to be in a business environment, which one would generally be more fun to do as a career, everyday?
noid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2009, 01:58 AM   #14
Dysantic
Captain Chaos

Well, I can tell you right now after living with economics majors for the past few years, it's damn hard if math does not come naturally to you. It also requires alot of work and effort. As for communication studies I don't know much about it. I'm also just speaking generally since I'm not sure how good either program is towards its school.
Old 05-17-2009, 03:52 AM   #15
Big Chin
5th Gear Member

HAHA.. everything said in this thread is sooo true.... I just finished my degree at Laurier and this school is leaps and bounds over most I would think....

Girl ratio is ridiculously high... Gym and field great... social life is awesome... it is kinda like a high school for the fact that you know everyone and generally what goes on...

I don't know about the Comm program... but I know its as easy as hell... if at worst you can add the admin option to it which will give you creditable business background with your degree....

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: