Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > Misc > Off-topic
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 05-14-2009, 01:08 AM   #1
bmdbley'sBro
wouldu like some tinfoil?

Police Encourage Citizens To Report People Who Drive Nice Cars, etc

-
yes, this is for real!

Quote:
Police's latest brainwave: Report people who wear too much 'bling' to Crimestoppers

Watching a tight T-shirt-wearing, cocksure man wearing a gaudy gold chain round his neck strutting down the street is often worth a phone-call to the fashion police.
But one force is taking the idea a step further and encouraging people to shop Mr T-wannabes to Crimestoppers in a novel - some might say barmy - plan to bring down the crime rate.

In the latest example of innovative policing in Britain, the Gloucestershire force is encouraging members of the public to report people wearing too much 'bling' during the recession.
They are also urging people to shop anyone who drives flash cars or buys expensive items without the apparent means to afford them during the credit crunch.

The campaign, run with Crimestoppers, was launched by the force today under the title 'Too Much Bling? Give Us a Ring' with the aim of cracking down on those who live a lavish lifestyle on the profits of crime
Gloucestershire's Chief constable Dr Timothy Brain said: 'In the current time of financial uncertainty, those who live a lavish lifestyle with no discernable, legitimate income become even more apparent.

'There are certain members of the criminal fraternity for whom a prison sentence or some other form of court punishment is not a sufficient deterrent.

'Many criminals, including drug dealers and burglars, prize the trappings they have gained far more than their own liberty, and, having no need to get a legitimate job, are unconcerned by the impact a criminal record will have on their career prospects.'

But Tory MP and former Home Secretary Ann Widdecombe expressed disbelief at the move. She said: 'Is this a joke? If the police spent half as much time tackling crime and getting out on the beat as they do coming out with this ridiculous stuff, we'd all be better off.

'How are you meant to judge if someone buying a piece of jewellery can afford it? I expect even Posh Spice, like most people, can look a bit down and out some days.'

Under the Proceeds of Crime Act, last year Gloucestershire Constabulary, the Crown Prosecution Service and the courts confiscated nearly £1.8million from convicted criminals and removed £1.4million in ill-gotten gains.
Adrian Foster, from Gloucestershire Crown Prosecution Service, said: 'We have had incredible success over the last year in taking the profit out of crime and this campaign marks a call for all members of the public to assist in ensuring that crime really does not pay in Gloucestershire.'

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...estoppers.html
notice how the guy in the poster is wearing a suit! wtf?

wonder how many people will be skipping items they can afford, but now won't cause they're worried about being Hassled by cops.
that will help their economy..

and ooh yeah Stalin, mussolini & hitler give it a

Last edited by bmdbley'sBro; 05-14-2009 at 01:12 AM.
bmdbley'sBro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2009, 02:49 AM   #2
SickFinga

WOW, UK government is getting crazier and crazier every year.
SickFinga is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2009, 08:49 AM   #3
Castel
4th Gear Member

wow. just wow.
Castel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2009, 09:08 AM   #4
chromius
6th Gear Member

I'd start calling in tips on those guys in the picture...they look a little too flashy to me. Especially that guy in the middle, what's with the buckle and the big buttons.

Seriously though, that's nuts, and so stupid. The police will just end up wasting their time going and checking out useless tips on people that just have jealous neighbors. Meanwhile the real criminals will be laughing their heads off at this retarded campaign.

I don't see this as being far away from Canada either. rat faced Mcguinty is bound to be implementing something like this any time now.
Old 05-14-2009, 09:41 AM   #5
myndgone
..... kLaSSe~1 .....

Send a message via MSN to myndgone
this is a joke, right?....wtf...
myndgone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2009, 09:55 AM   #6
careless7
Drivin' new whips weekly

I really wanna buy that poster on the right!

Its already implemented guys. I swear this kinda paranoia happened to me about 5 years ago. I ran my own business from home office in Bloor West...nice area and I was the youngest owner on the street. The 7 was well, more flashy back then and I rolled in it all day.

A cop creeped up on me when I was working on my car and started questioning me. I was like yep, its mine. Then asks if I own or rent? what I do for a living? Anyway I served him with "yep my car, my house and I'm an entrepreneur" and turned my back to him.
Old 05-14-2009, 09:56 AM   #7
saix
rawr

Send a message via AIM to saix
All three of them look like they touch little boys.
saix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2009, 10:02 AM   #8
Fel
Not Banned

You've got to be kidding me.... how does this stuff even slip through the cracks?

The whole thing almost seems like a joke, I mean who would take this seriously?

I can imagine it now... knock at your door, it's the cops...
"Good afternoon sir. That's a pretty nice car you have there in the driveway! '09 model, is it? So.... robbed anyone lately?"

Quote:
Originally Posted by chromius View Post
I don't see this as being far away from Canada either. rat faced Mcguinty is bound to be implementing something like this any time now.
I think that's a bit excessive... it would take a special kind of retard to try and initiate something like this in Ontario.
Old 05-14-2009, 11:54 AM   #9
JMW
Pole busted to boosted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SickFinga View Post
WOW, UK government is getting crazier and crazier every year.
how the **** do you think I feel living here...

save me

Official Team BIMMERSPORTAUTOMOTIVE vehicle owner.
support: thanks to. Bimmersport automotive and audio 2 go (ATG motoring)

Quote:
Originally Posted by junaid
"i saw your car there when i was there a few weeks ago, looks absolutely stunning man. I think i popped a ****ing boner, that paint looks sick
JMW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2009, 12:15 PM   #10
Nick_V
6th Gear Member

They've taken Hater-ism to a whole new level.
Nick_V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2009, 01:43 PM   #11
Stephanie
6th Gear Member

Haha... That is quite possibly the stupidest thing I have ever seen/read. Really.

So, due to the fact that we are in a period of economic hardship, everyone is supposed to be broke? How about people that have have job security, own successful businesses or work for a successful company (just to name a few)?

Retards.

Black Sapphire Metallic | Coral Red | Brushed Aluminium | 6MT | ZSP | ZPP | PDC | Bluetooth
Shadowlines | Matte Grilles | Aero Lip | BMW Performance Pedals | Smoked Reflectors | LLumar Tint 40%
KW V2 | VMR V710 | Super Sports | BMS JB4 | BMS DCIs | HPF Intercooler | UUC EVO3 SSK | UUC RK7 Shift Knob
Stephanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2009, 02:04 PM   #12
piotrek636
formerly Lucky

I'm reporting ALL of you now !
piotrek636 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2009, 03:49 PM   #13
bmdbley'sBro
wouldu like some tinfoil?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fel View Post

"Originally Posted by chromius
I don't see this as being far away from Canada either. rat faced Mcguinty is bound to be implementing something like this any time now"

I think that's a bit excessive... it would take a special kind of retard to try and initiate something like this in Ontario.
well uhh technically we already have this in Ontario, just no ad campaign asking people to report people 'yet'
http://www.maxbimmer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=119212
the 'special kind of retard' 7-0 supreme court ruling means no conviction necessary.
Old 05-14-2009, 04:01 PM   #14
piotrek636
formerly Lucky

piotrek636 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2009, 04:02 PM   #15
chromius
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmdbley'sBro View Post
well uhh technically we already have this in Ontario, just no ad campaign asking people to report people 'yet'
http://www.maxbimmer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=119212
the 'special kind of retard' 7-0 supreme court ruling means no conviction necessary.
Haha, That's VERY different. The two are not even remotely similar.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: