Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > Misc > Off-topic
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 03-04-2003, 01:56 AM   #1
///Milk
BangSentra

Send a message via ICQ to ///Milk Send a message via AIM to ///Milk Send a message via MSN to ///Milk Send a message via Yahoo to ///Milk Send a message via Skype™ to ///Milk
Question Why do you...........

Why do you like Bimmers and what made you like them and how long have you liked BMWs?
Just a question to see how people grew to love BMW
I like BMWs cause they are unique cars that are sport and luxury at the same time.
My dad sold BMWs until i was 8 and stopped and is selling them again and he had a 635
So i have liked BMW for about 3-5 years but never paid that much attention to them til now

///Milk

2006 Nissan Sentra 1.8S
2009 Ford Focus SES Sedan
///Milk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2003, 02:01 AM   #2
FastM3
is dreaming of ///M's

to tell the truth, they have been the first car i ever liked...mostly because my dad is a pure european mechanic, so he brought me up in the european cars, and secondly, we had one just after i was born so that grew in me as well...so i guess you can say that BMW is my fav all time car (well besides ferrari) and it will always be...now that im driving my dads car, i swear to myself that i will not let myself own anything else but a bmw, everytime i look in the auto trader to check out cars that i will have to buy in a couple of years, i just look at bmw, im sticking to them
FastM3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2003, 02:36 AM   #3
///Milk
BangSentra

Send a message via ICQ to ///Milk Send a message via AIM to ///Milk Send a message via MSN to ///Milk Send a message via Yahoo to ///Milk Send a message via Skype™ to ///Milk
I had a phase that was REALLY short like 2 months
I was into the Honda's and Acura's and junk like that.....I feel SOOO ashamed now
I like Euro cars
I know NOTHING bout domestics and VERY little bout asian "imports"

///Milk

2006 Nissan Sentra 1.8S
Old 03-04-2003, 03:29 AM   #4
330DTM
Cinematographer

Send a message via ICQ to 330DTM Send a message via MSN to 330DTM
My journey to loving Bimmers began at the age of 6 when my dad went to test drive a red E34 525i at the old Town and Country BMW. At first I did not know anything about BMW's and did not understand why my dad was test driving this new beast. We ended up getting a second hand E28 535i in champaigne color or somewhere around there. Because my dad had taken some catalogues from the dealer, I guess I somehow just fell in love with the curvatures of the BMWs.

By grade 3-4 that's when I began looking at Road and Track where they featured the E34 M5 and a Dinan 535i.

Once I caught a glimpse of the E36 M3 in '94 in the R&T magazine, that's probably when my passion for the M3's began.

Time elaspe....
By 1998-1999, when I actually got to use the Internet for once, that's when I found out that BMW forums existed and from there I pretty much visited the forums daily. Not to mention, I've been accumulating a stash of BMW videos posted by enthusists for about 2 years...why? Because I'm obsessed with BMWs, the way they look and perform and the way the sound, especially the Inline-6's!

Definitely the Ultimate Driving Machine!
Old 03-04-2003, 03:31 AM   #5
ROB89M3
6th Gear Member

I don't like all Bimmers, I just like the e30's....... :madnoel:
ROB89M3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2003, 03:57 AM   #6
A~G
Car Payment Free

Send a message via MSN to A~G
Red face Bimmers

I've always been fond of BMW's, but it wasn't until my sister's ex-fiancee REALLY introduced them to me that i REALLY started to like them, since I was about 12 years old. He had the most amazing 318is (with everything HARTGE on it), an amazing red-color, OMG I'd KILL FOR THAT CAR!!! I vow to have it one day, 318is 1990. or i MIGHT SETTLE for an M3

A~G

Man who run in front of car get tired.
Man who run behind car get exhausted.
A~G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2003, 04:25 AM   #7
Bavaria
Southern Beirut

Send a message via MSN to Bavaria Send a message via Yahoo to Bavaria
well its like a family thing, my dad once had a 728 it was a 85 i think and he has a 525 an 81 and he had a 2002 and he has a 750iL now and he had an 80 323 so i grew riding these things, so there ya go and he has benzes as well so yea, sorry i guess my dad loves german cars
Bavaria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2003, 04:30 AM   #8
Foc us
4th Gear Member

The question is......Why not??
Foc us is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2003, 04:42 AM   #9
e36_freak
Mostly absent

Send a message via ICQ to e36_freak Send a message via MSN to e36_freak
i've always been pretty much into anything.... i just love cars in general.... every car (almost every car some are just so ugly) i've grown to like bimmers all because of Eurostyle.... when i met him he had his e30 baby. and i was very impressed at how it performed and how it looked..... and i fell in love with bimmers the day i saw Fil put his kit on his show car..... that looked sooo friggin sexy.... i just had to get onel....... i started out at the e30 but have always loved how the e36's looked. so after a year or so of the e30 i sold it and got an e36 and since then i've been hooked
e36_freak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2003, 02:34 PM   #10
Gamite

Honestly, when I was a kid, I hated bimmers, I wanted my dad to buy a Jag. But my dad leased an 88 735il, that thing was so cool, lotsa cool buttons and shit, I didn't know crap about the engine, just that the interior was cool. After that I became obsessed with the car company.

Gamite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2003, 03:30 PM   #11
djcontra
Gets Blown Daily

Send a message via ICQ to djcontra Send a message via MSN to djcontra Send a message via Yahoo to djcontra
Back when I was 14, I remember seeing a black E30 and E36 every day when I skateboarded to the local skate park with my friend. Every time, I would point out that one day I'll sell enough drugs to buy one because it's such a pimp ride.
Eventually when I turned 18, I had enough (legal) money to buy one so I did =)
I've had so many problems with other cars in the past, that I was kind of worried about buying the ''break my wallet' car, but I can honestly say, these are the best car's I've owned, and hardly ever break down, or break my wallet (knocks on wood)

'94 Supercharged E36 325is (150,000 original km's)
Mods
-Vortech V9 G-Trim @ ~10psi w/ BOV
-Shortstack headers
-Vortech RRFPR
-255LPH Walbro fuel pump
-TEIN SS Coilovers w/ Pillowball mounts
-Keskin KT1 17x8.5 & 17x10
-Remus full catback
-Authentic Rieger Infinity I body kit
-SMT6 EMS (Untuned)

djcontra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2003, 06:33 PM   #12
///Milk
BangSentra

I wanna drive my dad's 6er if he brings it over to the house
I just LOVE his 635
People are sooo stupid havent you noticed sometimes?!
People say BMW stands for
British
Motor
Works

///Milk

2006 Nissan Sentra 1.8S
Old 03-04-2003, 06:51 PM   #13
bart320i
6th Gear Member

I like bimmers ever since I was a little lad back in Poland when my dad and grandpa had 5 series. I still remember going for rips in the back roads where I use to live with my grand father.
Old 03-04-2003, 06:57 PM   #14
simmo
3rd Gear Member

big back seat for sh .gg.ng on thats what swayed me
Old 03-04-2003, 07:01 PM   #15
Slowered318
Reform Luddite

I've liked bmw's ever since my dad got a 92 318ic... so i've liked them for 10 years and loved them ever since i got my first E30 5 years ago. Now I spend weekends cleaning every bolt and part on my 318 lol

btw:
My GOAL in Life is a: Red 89 or 90 E30 M3 and/or a White 89 or 90 E30 M3
(The only problem is i need to know more!)

does this make sense to anyone?
Slowered318 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: