Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > General > General Discussion
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 05-12-2009, 12:08 AM   #31
Miguel
...Delt Smash

There only 2 things that can cause a rim to crack like that.

1. Toronto potholes.
2. A Lack of pics posted of you in a bikini.

Im pretty sure this is a clear case of #2.
Old 05-12-2009, 12:46 AM   #32
344i
5th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bimmerjoe View Post
why i i had 20 inch chrome wagon wheels before and i did just fine.

steph i work at BMW and we get damaged rims all the time. i call up this rim repair guy and he is amazing. im sure he can actually weld your piece back on and refinish the wheel. depends how bad it is. ill pm you his number tomorrow when i get to work.

Joe
Joe, how good is he at refinishing rims? Worth a sticky for the rest of maxbimmer?
344i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2009, 02:31 AM   #33
SamE30e
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephanie View Post
I was driving home on Wednesday after work and my Tire Pressure Indicator light came on... "Hmm... that's weird"... When i got home (I have run flats, no rush... lol), checked the tire pressure, about 10psi lower than it was supposed to be *flick* turned on the compressor and filled the bitch back up, thinking it was no big deal and not really thinking twice about it...

Saturday, I was on the way to the mall with my girlfriend and *dling!* again, the ****ing indicator came on... "OK, now this is BS", I thought. Did my shopping, came home checked the tire pressure... 20 PSI... ok, seriously, that's pretty well HALF of whats supposed to be in there.

Didn't have time to do anything about it since it was my birthday weekend and I was going out for dinner...

When i got up on Sunday (and after bitching about it with dbworld4k for about 20 mins), I took the tire off my car, thinking it was a nail in the tire or something..............

If you can't get a wheel under warranty, let me know and I'll see what I can do.
02 325i Sedan
SamE30e is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2009, 06:03 AM   #34
rodo
6th Gear Member

sam, where do you work at?

2010 Expedition

Objects in mirror are farther than they appear Only in a BMW

rodo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2009, 08:37 AM   #35
Stephanie
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW_7 View Post
i would NEVER have 19" rims in toronto. never..................
You are clearly smarter than I...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miguel View Post
There only 2 things that can cause a rim to crack like that.

1. Toronto potholes.
2. A Lack of pics posted of you in a bikini.

Im pretty sure this is a clear case of #2.
Obviously. Must be #2.
Good thing BMW is covering the damage though, saves me from those bikini shots...

lmao

Black Sapphire Metallic | Coral Red | Brushed Aluminium | 6MT | ZSP | ZPP | PDC | Bluetooth
Shadowlines | Matte Grilles | Aero Lip | BMW Performance Pedals | Smoked Reflectors | LLumar Tint 40%
KW V2 | VMR V710 | Super Sports | BMS JB4 | BMS DCIs | HPF Intercooler | UUC EVO3 SSK | UUC RK7 Shift Knob

Last edited by Stephanie; 05-12-2009 at 08:58 AM.
Stephanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2009, 08:48 AM   #36
Stephanie
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rodo View Post
Your car looks very nice, I like the color combo.

I've been running 225/40/18 since last summer and was worried I'd bend something during winter/spring but I've been lucky so far.

I just closed on a new 328 tonight with sports package, which has 17" runflats and they seem soo much better than the ones on my 325. Are they really rough on your car?
Thank you!! And congrats on the new car... you're gonna love it!!

The run flats are notoriously a "shitty" tire... they are a rough ride, noisy, wear unevenly and if they ever DO go flat and you drive them for any extended period of time with 0 psi in the tire, the inner reinforced wall supposedly starts to unravel and you will need to replace the very expensive POS. Not to mention, since they are so structurally solid (and on my car so narrow), the rim takes the impact of the road, rather than it being diffused through the tire.

Mind you, I'm talking about my 225/35/19's (F) and 255/30/19's (R) here... they are probably considerably better in a 17" size.

In any case, I'm replacing them with a better radial the second I burn these stupid tires out.

Black Sapphire Metallic | Coral Red | Brushed Aluminium | 6MT | ZSP | ZPP | PDC | Bluetooth
Shadowlines | Matte Grilles | Aero Lip | BMW Performance Pedals | Smoked Reflectors | LLumar Tint 40%
KW V2 | VMR V710 | Super Sports | BMS JB4 | BMS DCIs | HPF Intercooler | UUC EVO3 SSK | UUC RK7 Shift Knob
Old 05-12-2009, 08:52 AM   #37
Stephanie
6th Gear Member

UPDATE: Car is at BMW, they are replacing the cracked rim and checking the other three for damage... The rim IS going to be covered under warranty!!

Mississauga BMW is awesome. The End.

Last edited by Stephanie; 05-12-2009 at 08:57 AM.
Old 05-12-2009, 09:01 AM   #38
slemmer
Driving in the fast lane

Who's your SA @ Mississauga - Tania?

'04 645cic
'05 GMC Sierra SLT Z71 CCSB 4x4
'02 Regal LS
'00 740i Sport
slemmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2009, 09:05 AM   #39
Stephanie
6th Gear Member

^^^ Tania is great, I've dealt with her a couple of times, but I usually deal with Steve... He's awesome. Friend of mine, not to mention I buy his love with Starbucks... haha

Old 05-12-2009, 09:19 AM   #40
Fel
Not Banned

Glad to hear it's getting taken care of..... those things are damned expensive from the dealer!!
Old 05-12-2009, 09:52 AM   #41
Stephanie
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fel View Post
Glad to hear it's getting taken care of..... those things are damned expensive from the dealer!!
thanks... yea they are crazy expensive... mostly because they are an two-up upgrade option (17" standard, 18" upgrade, 19" upgrade) as part of the 335 sport pkg, so they juice people if they ruin them...

Old 05-12-2009, 01:18 PM   #42
dbworld4k
Addict

I'm still surprised they warrantied it. Nice save, Stefesha.

'02 ///M5 Imola Red / Imola Red '09 335i Alpine White / Coral Red

Past:
'04 E55 AMG Brilliant Silver / Anthracite
'96 318i Alpine White / Black
'01 330Ci Titanium Silver / Coral Red
'96 328i Jet Black / Black
dbworld4k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2009, 01:28 PM   #43
King Luis
The King.

Send a message via MSN to King Luis
damn, looks like i should be more careful with these damn potholes. maybe i should get some fikse 18's?

how strong is that jb weld on the wheel?

Sold:2004 Silver Gray M3
Mods: Dice Unit, EAS Angel Eyes, Painted Reflectors, CSL Diffuser, Smoked Corners, PSS10s, 15mm Front and 10mm Rear Spacers.

Gone:1990 Brilliantrot 325is
Mods: Alpine speakers and HU, Euro Projectors, Magnaflow Muffler, Euro Smoked Tails and GC Coilovers.
King Luis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2009, 01:52 PM   #44
Stephanie
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Luis View Post
damn, looks like i should be more careful with these damn potholes. maybe i should get some fikse 18's?

how strong is that jb weld on the wheel?
nah, the M3 wheels are made for abuse... mine are made of jello. Cherry flavour. lmao

and the JB held!! it was unbelievable... just used a small putty knife after cleaning up the fracture and let is set for the day... still leaked air a tiny tiny tiny bit where the tire met the rim (i wasn't gonna attempt to pry those rock-hard tires off, obviously!) but the actual crack bonded perfectly... i rule lol

Old 05-12-2009, 01:56 PM   #45
King Luis
The King.

Send a message via MSN to King Luis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephanie View Post
nah, the M3 wheels are made for abuse... mine are made of jello. Cherry flavour. lmao

and the JB held!! it was unbelievable... just used a small putty knife after cleaning up the fracture and let is set for the day... still leaked air a tiny tiny tiny bit where the tire met the rim (i wasn't gonna attempt to pry those rock-hard tires off, obviously!) but the actual crack bonded perfectly... i rule lol
yum? LOL

Sold:2004 Silver Gray M3
Mods: Dice Unit, EAS Angel Eyes, Painted Reflectors, CSL Diffuser, Smoked Corners, PSS10s, 15mm Front and 10mm Rear Spacers.

Gone:1990 Brilliantrot 325is
Mods: Alpine speakers and HU, Euro Projectors, Magnaflow Muffler, Euro Smoked Tails and GC Coilovers.
King Luis is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: