Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > Classifieds > Supporting Vendor Comments/Feedback > Bimmersport Automotive
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Closed Thread

Old 04-22-2009, 08:53 PM   #46
prince1
on to the next 1

Send a message via MSN to prince1
Quote:
Originally Posted by $500bimmer View Post
bah......sounds like a personal problem......no warr. on used parts PERIOD. and then it had no oil, not the shops problem(they even tried helping your friend out and your still complaining????) lol

sorry i dont mean to sound like a dick.....but people screw up and it sounds like your bud should talk to whom even messed his oil pan up....simple
+1
the other shop messed up

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNation View Post
Yo man, I got $6000 in my bank account, and I could buy any car i want
Ya man with $6000 in the bank, you're really balling arnt ya
Old 04-22-2009, 09:50 PM   #47
dbworld4k
Addict

Interesting, Very interesting.

What gets me is how OP's friend never noticed his car leaking oil. Unless he's a magical road warrior and never stops driving, surely he must have stopped SOMEWHERE and noticed a puddle of thick, gooey liquid near his car? Just maybe? Or perhaps this other shop used dark matter oil that is super eco-friendly and evaporates when exposed to air. With all the green shit, you never know these days...

'02 ///M5 Imola Red / Imola Red '09 335i Alpine White / Coral Red

Past:
'04 E55 AMG Brilliant Silver / Anthracite
'96 318i Alpine White / Black
'01 330Ci Titanium Silver / Coral Red
'96 328i Jet Black / Black

Last edited by dbworld4k; 04-22-2009 at 09:53 PM.
Old 04-22-2009, 10:23 PM   #48
Michel
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by richie_s999 View Post
Used parts = lower cost but higher risk

new parts = higher cost but lower risk
you said it man, you buy something used for cheap, if it craps out on you don't be surprised. I'm sure bimmersport will rectify the problem with this guy.

but seriosuly, when you have an m52 in an e30, don't tell me he was being gentle with his driving...

Last edited by Michel; 04-22-2009 at 10:50 PM.
Old 04-22-2009, 10:27 PM   #49
e30blue
2nd Gear Member

I'd like to apologize to johny blaze and everybody at bimmersport...i did not have the full story and was not aware of the stripped bolt and the leaking oil issue.

I'M SORRY BIMMERSPORT if I ruined your name or gave you bad publicity on the forum.

Kris
Old 04-22-2009, 10:32 PM   #50
dbworld4k
Addict

^Classic example of when you should get all your facts straight before coming to any conclusions.

FWIW, I hope the situation gets resolved, but from what I have read I don't see any liability in BimmerSport's hands. Seems like this other shop is to blame for some serious problems.

'02 ///M5 Imola Red / Imola Red '09 335i Alpine White / Coral Red

Past:
'04 E55 AMG Brilliant Silver / Anthracite
'96 318i Alpine White / Black
'01 330Ci Titanium Silver / Coral Red
'96 328i Jet Black / Black
Old 04-22-2009, 10:42 PM   #51
5thseries
biggerthen3

Rant Failed yoo

Bimmersport is victorious!
Old 04-23-2009, 12:50 AM   #52
richie_s999
6th Gear Member

all I have to say is WOW

OP - if he went to another shop and had an oil change, and this is the reason why the hell are you dragging this shit up with Bimmersport?

WHY NOT NAME THE SHOP WHO DID THE OIL CHANGE????????

thought something felt weird about this whole situation. Sounds like the owner realized it was his problem cause another shop ****ed up.

I think the OP of this mess owes Bimmersport an appollogy big time.
Old 04-23-2009, 09:00 AM   #53
slemmer
Driving in the fast lane

Quote:
all I have to say is WOW

OP - if he went to another shop and had an oil change, and this is the reason why the hell are you dragging this shit up with Bimmersport?

thought something felt weird about this whole situation. Sounds like the owner realized it was his problem cause another shop ****ed up.

I think the OP of this mess owes Bimmersport an appollogy big time.
+1 on the apology and now I would like to see here the outcome of the shop that did the oil change!

'04 645cic
'05 GMC Sierra SLT Z71 CCSB 4x4
'02 Regal LS
'00 740i Sport
Old 04-23-2009, 09:05 AM   #54
BigD
the misanthropist

Quote:
I'm going with Occam's razor here and assuming that he ****ed it up himself trying to change the oil, and while freaking about the stripped oil pan, forgot to put any oil in.
Old 04-23-2009, 09:53 AM   #55
T.Dot_E30
Classifieds Moderator

Wow, I like how none of this was mentioned by the OP, did you not know?

All he kept saying was $250, his friend paid $250, $250 for nothing and still a blown engine. If you cared to know, that $250 was for fixing the stripped oil pan that got ****ed up, and some proper oil put in.

Oh yea, in the OPs eyes they robbed him of $250 and did nothing to fix the problem.....If that is not ignorance I don't know what is.

I expect an apology from the OP.

At first I thought it was the used motor that was bad, but now it is clear it was because the engine was ran with no oil. Clearly the owner should be looking elsewhere for blame.

A mod should put [Resolved - Owner Mistake] in the title.
Old 04-23-2009, 10:07 AM   #56
325ixE30
3rd Gear Member

Why trust some cheap shop to change your oil after spending so much money? Why not spend the extra $60 with the shop that knows the car?

When you find a good shop/mechanic STICK WITH THEM!
Old 04-23-2009, 10:08 AM   #57
Fel
Not Banned

I didn't want to say anything before, but I will now.

Let me preface this by saying I've never had any dealings with the shop in question, so there is no bias.

From the way the OP was made, and the slim details that were posted, my first instinct on this was user error. "Only a couple weeks" after an engine swap is a long enough time to **** up an engine. If it started knocking on the way home, that's one thing.... but a couple weeks later sends a little red flag up. Put someone behind the wheel of a new more powerful engine, and they'll likely be in the mood to give it a good workout.

Now that more details are out, this is clearly the fault of the owner. First of all, if I got an engine swap and needed an oil change done, I'd be going back to the show that did the swap so they could check out the engine anyways!! Make sure everything looks good. Why take it to another shop? They obviously ****ed something up huge. Unless of course the owner was actually doing it himself and ****ed it up due to lack of knowledge or butterfingers, who knows. Then he's even more to blame.

Frankly this entire thread is disgusting. It's amazing how some people will just jump on the hate train without any knowledge of the situation, just because they have had some sort of past issue with a shop. It's pretty immature and pathetic. If anything, this should never have come up. If the owner of the car wanted to voice their opinion, they should have posted on here (or joined up to voice their opinion, if they aren't currently a member). It's fine being an intermediary, but it comes with the risk of not having all the facts.

An expensive lesson, for sure. But one I'm sure the car's owner won't forget.
Old 04-23-2009, 12:39 PM   #58
damameke
6th Gear Member

Double WOW !!!!
Old 04-23-2009, 12:40 PM   #59
AlpWhitE46
is a pimp

Send a message via MSN to AlpWhitE46
damn i barely check / post on maxbimmer much but its turned into such a hate forum...

deal with stuff personally ... PM or face to face.

I've gotten stuff done at bimmersport quite a few times (nothing huge) but every time charlie and john were fair...
i'm sure if this was brought up properly they would do everything they could to help your friend.
Old 04-23-2009, 01:43 PM   #60
JNSchnitzer
Christ is King

^ +1
Closed Thread

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: