Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > Classifieds > Supporting Vendor Comments/Feedback > Bimmersport Automotive
User Name
Password


Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 04-22-2009, 05:31 PM   #31
richie_s999
6th Gear Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Oshawa
Posts: 4,531
Even with getting a motor tested no one can say there is no chance that a cam, rod, or something mechanical might let go I think this is what people are saying not that he was to cheap to do it right. What The shop in question said is right they have to open up the motor and see if was caused by mechanical failure or by some other reason this cost is always going to be absorbed by the customer unless they can prove it was the fault of mechanic doing the install. If the motor was not rebuilt and the owner just had them install a used motor how is it the fault of the shop doing the work it also sounds like the op of this thread may have somehow talked his friend into doing something and now is caught in the middle and trying to save face
richie_s999 is offline  
Old 04-22-2009, 05:55 PM   #32
Spartiatis
6th Gear Member
 
Spartiatis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: THE HAMMER
Posts: 1,458
Send a message via ICQ to Spartiatis
For the people that have a problem with this guys post. Maybe u should read at what section this is in. My eyes see comments and feedback. So, he has full right to post his experience here.
__________________
///M means "MotorSport" for the E30 ///M3
but
for the E36 M3, M means "Marketing"
Spartiatis is offline  
Old 04-22-2009, 06:02 PM   #33
E30 Girl
6th Gear Member
 
E30 Girl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Lea$ide
Posts: 2,420
Send a message via MSN to E30 Girl
Quote:
Originally Posted by bullett View Post
Well then , with that prissy mentality, lets all go buy new cars when our cars need parts no? Jesus...


To E30blue:

Chupamelo amigo. Carry on
The point of the stament was you can't expect new quality from used parts. I use used parts in my car all the time but if it last a week, a year, or whatever I'm not going to go blame the shop before figuring out what exactly happened. If the used part in my car failed why wouldn't the used part I replaced it with fail?

You can't expect a shop to give everything away for free what if the problem with the car is because of driver error and has nothing to do with the install or the motor supplied (I'm not saying this is the case here but it is a possibility).

I heard a story today about a guy who bought a used turbo car and a week later the turbo blew. He went back to the owner and even though he didn't have to he purchased a used turbo for the guy from a car that he new well and was maintained. A week later that turbo blew...obviously wasn't a "part" issue.

Last edited by E30 Girl; 04-22-2009 at 06:13 PM.
E30 Girl is online now  
Old 04-22-2009, 06:12 PM   #34
spoony_prelude
Eurowerke
 
spoony_prelude's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Toronto
Posts: 1,874
I went to bimmersport about 2 years ago when i blew the motor in my 328. Johnny was planning on swapping his 328 for an m3 so i bought his old motor. My experience wasnt the greatest. The job took a week to do. Here are some problems I had when I got the car back.
Windshield was cracked ( I asked charlie about it, he said it wasnt them)
wipers were put reversed(found this out first time i turned the wipers on it scratched all the paint from the top of my hood.)
reverse lights didnt work anymore
After picking the car up, while i was driving home the car started sputtering like a champ, ended up being a bad coil.
Also while driving home my car began overheating about 5mins from my house. 5min drive turned into a 2 hour drive, having to stop every so often and let the car cool down.
Before buying the motor I asked johnny if it was leaking oil, he said no (it was)
I also was dissapointed to see they hadnt washed my engine/engine bay as they seem to do when they do other members swaps. (maybe i should have asked?) I thought with the money i paid for a swap a engine wash wouldnt be to much to ask.



Anyways I don't talk about this much for one reason and only one. With all the problems I have to say Charlie is very dedicated to his buisness. I picked up the car on a friday night. after all the problems I called Charlie and left a msg at the shop. around 8:30pm He called me back appoligizing for what had happend. He had Johnny come to my house on saturday and fix the cooling issue which was the coolant return hose that was ripped out by the fan. johnny left. I took the car around the block, again the fan ripped off the hose. Called Charlie and left a msg again. Again later on that night, he called and appoligized, monday morning charlie had a tow truck come to my place picked up the car, took it back to his shop and i ended up using my old coils and doing a fan delete mod.

So i must say charlie is very dedicated to work.

Now when i did my complete M swap ( motor, tranny suspension brakes) I choose RMP and was super happy with their work! Great price, very high quality of work, and they had the swap on the motor done in 1 day, brakes/suspension in half a day!

Hope everything gets resolved well.

p.s. to Charlie And Johnny from Bimmersport, I'm not trying to put your shop down or insult you in any way! Just stating my experience with your shop. If any part of my story doesn't seem correct, please feel free to give your thoughts of what you remember happening.

Jay
__________________
spoony_prelude is offline  
Old 04-22-2009, 06:18 PM   #35
AceOfSpades
♠ ♠ ♠
 
AceOfSpades's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Creston, Iowa
Posts: 4,171
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonny_blaze View Post
Bushan,

Like I just mentioned, the reason why I am comming off this way is because when you came to the shop you didnt even mention this! You even asked us for qoutes, which I respect your loyalty to us) but I dont get why you didnt say anything to us face to face,
How about having that customer to come back to you in hopes of having the car fixed. In my opinion, that is face to face

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonny_blaze View Post
at least this whole situation wouldnt be blown out of proportion. I mean, your the one person he knows who is the most concerned since it was your referal, I just think you would have mentioned it if this is all recent talk between whoever.
I know that you guys can do amazing work. But after what happened, its kinda hard for me to recommend anyone to you. Think about if from my perspective. you sent one of your friends to a shop. they charged him $3Gs and after barely a few weeks, you friends is short of $3Gs and a car. Its not a fun thing to digest.



Quote:
Originally Posted by jonny_blaze View Post
3g's is a lot of money, but it isnt my problem if he only has that amount and cant afford anything there after. My problem is the mechanics, not personal financial situations. I know it is a result of his predicament but you cannot factor personal issues into the situation. Despite that, we arent tight when it comes to billing...as you know and many know we are flexable (depending on the situation!! - dont get ideas guys :p)
That is a pretty childish thing to say, Especially after saying that the car would be running after spending $3000. if you quoted him $4gs, i am sure he would have walked out of the deal. So why not give honest quotes?
I am not factoring personal issues here. You asked $3000 and he PAID $3000. On top of this, he still paid another $250 after the swap that was uncalled for. People work hard for their money. When you said that it is not your problem if your customers can't afford anything there after. I could very well say that it is not my problem if you mess up a job that i paid you for and that you're solely responsible for anything there after. John, saying stuff like that just shows the quality of the customer service you provided to my friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonny_blaze View Post
Now the questionability of good work is being brought up, I thought this was an issue of customer service? As others mentioned, parts may fail, engines may fail, but it isnt a question of installation...more a question of hardware condition.
You provided the engine. It started having problems right after the swap. He paid some extra money to have something fixed, no question asked and soon after that the engine is totally gone. Lets say it was hardware condition, you were ready to charge him AGAIN to have the 'hardware' that you provided opened up

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonny_blaze View Post
As you can see the people who got their engine swapped are happy customers, but there has also been times where swaps come back with an issue. The point being, those customers dealt with the matter appropriately and their problem has been solved.
The car WAS at your shop for a while and you did absolutely NOTHING. Please take that into consideration too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonny_blaze View Post
I even said the same words, my point is that behind the keyboard, or to someone elses face the true feelings come out...and to someone who takes care of your car, it isnt the best thing to do. Only because

1 - your problem wont be solved
2 - your pointlessly and without comming to a solution, hurting the reputation that takes people countless hours to build - and I think I can speak for all shops when I say this.
Now you asking me to come talk to you. Why didn't this happen right after the engine blew. If you did a good job, i'd post my good experiance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonny_blaze View Post
I know I am the mechanic, but when it comes down to this I am not only a mechanic. Questions are asked as a means of comming to a conclusion/realization of the matter. I am asking you the questions because you fail to realize still that it isnt a "crappy swap" or a "bad job" it is a part that went down the drain. What does that have to do with the manner in how it is installed? I am trying to address the issue of the parts going bad, not how clean the swap is as that wasnt your arguement.
My bad. when a car isn't movable after a swap, i tend to call it a crappy job

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonny_blaze View Post
Either way, posting on here isnt doing ANYTHING for your friend but making a good lunch time break for the people on max.
Hows that for customer service? That issue was brought up to you and now you think that it makes a good lunch time break. That is quality customer service

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonny_blaze View Post
My advice is tell your friend to call us or come by, because the whole point of this was to clear this issue up. This happenned almost 7 months ago or more, and we never heard back from him after he took the car the 2nd time...now hearing it from someone else we would still like to fix it for him - even though there is no receipts, verbal contracts are still valid (well, for some people at least )
He did come by and he did call you guys about this issue. Exactly, this happened more than 7 months ago and NOW you guys are potraying good customer service. Where was this good quality service when the car was at your shop waiting to be fixed?
AceOfSpades is offline  
Old 04-22-2009, 06:26 PM   #36
ABUSTAIF
ZA3EEM
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: TIM'S
Posts: 521
i only read the post by bushon.... which is the first one

if u r talking about Anthony's car then everything u said doesn't makes sense why? because at that time i was taking care of customers in bimmersport and i was dealing with him directly

And here is the story .. Anthony came and we did a swap for him we put m52 in his 318 , after a few weeks he called and talked to me and told me that his car in knocking and i told him not to drive it and tow it to the shop and we will take care of it.
he came and dropped off the car.. one of the technician told me that there is no oil in the car.. we put the car on the hoist and the drain plug is fuked someone did an oil change for him and ruined the plug.. i called Anthony and he said that he did take it to another shop and he did an oil change , so i asked him if he wants me to fix the oil drain plug and put oil in the car to c if it will work he agreed with it. i told the technician to do it and after the oil change and re threading the oil pan the car didn't start.

I don't work for Bimmersport anymore and i don't post on max often but this is a problem that i have to deal with it although i don't work for them anymore but iam supporting them and left them on good terms.

If any of the worlds i used is not technical don't you guys get creative and get an excuse to talk shit i wasn't a mechanic and i'll never be one. i was just taking care of the business part and customer service. if you want to deal with it with the owner i will be more than happy to be there because i was the middle man and i know about this problem more than any one why? because i used to call him everyday to come and pick up his car and i even offered him that i'll give him an estimate so he can deal with the other shop.

If you want my phone number pm me

Have good day everyone and i hope the owner of the car and the owner of the shop will solve it and if you guys want me there i have no problem with it

Cheers
__________________



Last edited by ABUSTAIF; 04-22-2009 at 06:32 PM.
ABUSTAIF is offline  
Old 04-22-2009, 06:32 PM   #37
Jon@Bimmersport
MaXsponsor
 
Jon@Bimmersport's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Mississauga
Posts: 13,771
Thank you Moe.

Now that our side of the story was fully introduced to everyone.

Did you guys forget about the fact another shop stripped his pan and it was being driven with leaking oil, eventually almost no oil when it came back? I didnt mention it, because I was partially unaware as this is a new position for me as I am a full time tech @Bimmersport.


I bet if you open the question to max, we both know what the answer would be.

What I said wasnt childish, its the truth. Whats childish is this game. What happens when you run an engine on no oil? - I know im the mechanic here but you dont need to be one to know this answer.
__________________

Authorized Ontario dealer for Active Autowerke|VF-Engineering|AFE|Bilstein Suspension|H&R Suspension|KW suspension|Brembo Brake Systems| Stoptech| - Call us for the best pricing please DO NOT PM in regards to pricing

Maintenance|Performance|Tuning & Forced Induction

Last edited by Jon@Bimmersport; 04-22-2009 at 06:37 PM.
Jon@Bimmersport is offline  
Old 04-22-2009, 06:33 PM   #38
prince1
on to the next 1
 
prince1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: mississauga
Posts: 674
Send a message via MSN to prince1
+10 for charlie and john
always do a great job
__________________
LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNation View Post
Yo man, I got $6000 in my bank account, and I could buy any car i want
Ya man with $6000 in the bank, you're really balling arnt ya
prince1 is offline  
Old 04-22-2009, 06:39 PM   #39
prince1
on to the next 1
 
prince1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: mississauga
Posts: 674
Send a message via MSN to prince1
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonny_blaze View Post
Thank you Moe.

Now that our side of the story was fully introduced to everyone.

Did you guys forget about the fact another shop stripped his pan and it was being driven with leaking oil, eventually almost no oil when it came back? I didnt mention it, because I was partially unaware as this is a new position for me as I am a full time tech @Bimmersport.


I bet if you open the question to max, we both know what the answer would be.

What I said wasnt childish, its the truth. Whats childish is this game. What happens when you run an engine on no oil?


so with this said...... shudnt your friend be mad at the other shop he took it who mashed up the oil pan and not bimmer sport. engines obviously going to be knocking if theres no oil there. lol. Your friend didnt notice oil leaks??? I realize your friends mad and all but bimmer sport didnt mess this up.
__________________
LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNation View Post
Yo man, I got $6000 in my bank account, and I could buy any car i want
Ya man with $6000 in the bank, you're really balling arnt ya
prince1 is offline  
Old 04-22-2009, 06:39 PM   #40
ZiMMie
6th Gear Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: T-Dot
Posts: 9,919
Send a message via ICQ to ZiMMie Send a message via MSN to ZiMMie
Quote:
Originally Posted by ABUSTAIF View Post
i only read the post by bushon.... which is the first one

if u r talking about Anthony's car then everything u said doesn't makes sense why? because at that time i was taking care of customers in bimmersport and i was dealing with him directly

And here is the story .. Anthony came and we did a swap for him we put m52 in his 318 , after a few weeks he called and talked to me and told me that his car in knocking and i told him not to drive it and tow it to the shop and we will take care of it.
he came and dropped off the car.. one of the technician told me that there is no oil in the car.. we put the car on the hoist and the drain plug is fuked someone did an oil change for him and ruined the plug.. i called Anthony and he said that he did take it to another shop and he did an oil change , so i asked him if he wants me to fix the oil drain plug and put oil in the car to c if it will work he agreed with it. i told the technician to do it and after the oil change and re threading the oil pan the car didn't start.

I don't work for Bimmersport anymore and i don't post on max often but this is a problem that i have to deal with it although i don't work for them anymore but iam supporting them and left them on good terms.

If any of the worlds i used is not technical don't you guys get creative and get an excuse to talk shit i wasn't a mechanic and i'll never be one. i was just taking care of the business part and customer service. if you want to deal with it with the owner i will be more than happy to be there because i was the middle man and i know about this problem more than any one why? because i used to call him everyday to come and pick up his car and i even offered him that i'll give him an estimate so he can deal with the other shop.

If you want my phone number pm me

Have good day everyone and i hope the owner of the car and the owner of the car will solve it and if you guys want me there i have no problem with it

Cheers
What he said.I was the Tech that worked on the car. (swapped the motor) and checked when it came back.
When the car return to the shop, it had ZERO oil on the dip stick.
BONE DRY. Someone changed the oil and screwed up the thread on the oil drain plug. I don't know if the person forgot to put in oil after or they put in oil and it all leaked out. That why the motor went. we gave him a good compression/leak tested motor. We try'd everything to restore the motor but it looked like the lifters/bottom end Bearing has been overheated for a long period of time with no oil.

So i don't know how u will call that a "bad experience"

What i don't get this is, this was a long time ago why are u complaining now? You could have spoken to charlie regarding this and he'll have help you out but you decided to tow the car out of there.

all this is very funny to me. because this guy made no attempt to fix his car. He acted like he didn't care and then all of the sudden this post?
__________________


www.StanceFactory.com

Last edited by ZiMMie; 04-22-2009 at 06:43 PM.
ZiMMie is online now  
Old 04-22-2009, 07:09 PM   #41
BigD
the misanthropist
 
BigD's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: a house
Posts: 6,142
Even if the engine wasn't brought in dead with no oil thanks to someone else, I find it really cute how people demand everything to have a lifetime warranty - even used parts. You paid 3 grand and want what, a 100k powertrain and bumper to bumper? Full money back? You paid for a used engine, and the labor to install said engine. If there was a problem with the labor, Bimmersport is liable. If you want a guaranteed engine, buy a new one. Otherwise this is equivalent to paying someone to install a used TV in your house and running your mouth on the internet because the TV took a shit (in this case, also having someone else dump a coke in the back of it). Yeah people work hard for their money but some people don't know what things are worth.

Someone asked, what's wrong with running your mouth on the internet - clearly nothing. But then by the same token there is even less wrong with long time customers and friends of the person in question, who have had him go above and beyond any kind of reasonable expectations of customer service, defending his name. If you want to question the man's integrity, this is the wrong place to do that.
__________________
BigD is offline  
Old 04-22-2009, 07:12 PM   #42
Jon@Bimmersport
MaXsponsor
 
Jon@Bimmersport's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Mississauga
Posts: 13,771
Quote:
Originally Posted by AceOfSpades View Post
How about having that customer to come back to you in hopes of having the car fixed. In my opinion, that is face to face

I was refering directly to YOU because later in the year it is comming from YOU on your friends behalf..dont speak for someone, if your not going to fullly defend them. So since I am dealing with you, and your friend didnt chime in here...I am not talking to anyone except you


I know that you guys can do amazing work. But after what happened, its kinda hard for me to recommend anyone to you. Think about if from my perspective. you sent one of your friends to a shop. they charged him $3Gs and after barely a few weeks, you friends is short of $3Gs and a car. Its not a fun thing to digest.


Neither is this whole story, especially after I cleared up the story with the employee that dealt with the situation. $3000 is a lot of money, and we spent a lot of our time (i.e. MONEY) to help you out of good gesture. So it isnt like we just take money without giving back (and more than just the job) - this point is being made, because of the emphasis on the figure $3000..which seems to be a strong point on your end.

That is a pretty childish thing to say, Especially after saying that the car would be running after spending $3000. if you quoted him $4gs, i am sure he would have walked out of the deal. So why not give honest quotes?
I am not factoring personal issues here. You asked $3000 and he PAID $3000. On top of this, he still paid another $250 after the swap that was uncalled for. People work hard for their money. When you said that it is not your problem if your customers can't afford anything there after. I could very well say that it is not my problem if you mess up a job that i paid you for and that you're solely responsible for anything there after. John, saying stuff like that just shows the quality of the customer service you provided to my friend

I dont understand what you mean about the qoute..nor do I see a relavance in terms of qoutes being honest...what isnt honest about the qoute? We didnt charge him for hours not worked...so...fill me in please. $250 as you can see was called for because your friend took it to some place for oil change...I am not saying because of money, or what but in the end...we didnt strip the oil pan. Bushan, saying what you said does not even make sense now given the situation. Dont say we messed up his job, because we didnt. Its VERY easy to point fingers, get your facts straight before you do it.

You provided the engine. It started having problems right after the swap. He paid some extra money to have something fixed, no question asked and soon after that the engine is totally gone. Lets say it was hardware condition, you were ready to charge him AGAIN to have the 'hardware' that you provided opened up

Again..problem after leaving our shop, or the other shop?

The car WAS at your shop for a while and you did absolutely NOTHING. Please take that into consideration too.

Moe tried contacting him, but didnt reach the customer.

Now you asking me to come talk to you. Why didn't this happen right after the engine blew. If you did a good job, i'd post my good experiance.

I asked why didnt you mention this, when you came and shook my hand...following the hey how are ya. It didnt follow with a "remember my buddy whos swap you did, there is a problem and he isnt happy".

My bad. when a car isn't movable after a swap, i tend to call it a crappy job


Hows that for customer service? That issue was brought up to you and now you think that it makes a good lunch time break. That is quality customer service

The issue wasnt brought up to me, it was brought to YOU..BY ME because I over heard a conversion. Out of care I PMd you asking whats up, whats your beef with that? Did I do something wrong here?

He did come by and he did call you guys about this issue. Exactly, this happened more than 7 months ago and NOW you guys are potraying good customer service. Where was this good quality service when the car was at your shop waiting to be fixed?
Your damn right customer service because we fixed his problem and Mike tried to help him out, we didnt put shit oil that was probably put either.

Bushan, Im STILL sorry I had to post this but your posts just now didnt put a smile on my face. This was meant to stay in PM or in person, and quite frankly its sad that in the end...still someones repuation had to get ruined, because people cant talk to anyone in private - which I originally tried to do with you, but you had to post.

By the way...saying the car isnt movable and the mechanics did a crappy job, with little mechanical knowledge (from what you say of yourself) OR knowing the problem is what I would call...IGNORANCE.
__________________

Authorized Ontario dealer for Active Autowerke|VF-Engineering|AFE|Bilstein Suspension|H&R Suspension|KW suspension|Brembo Brake Systems| Stoptech| - Call us for the best pricing please DO NOT PM in regards to pricing

Maintenance|Performance|Tuning & Forced Induction
Jon@Bimmersport is offline  
Old 04-22-2009, 08:30 PM   #43
Eurostyle
MaXsponsor
 
Eurostyle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Milton
Posts: 14,873
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartiatis View Post
For the people that have a problem with this guys post. Maybe u should read at what section this is in. My eyes see comments and feedback. So, he has full right to post his experience here.
Wrong! The post was made AFTER the story was told all over, and NOT to the people the it conserned. Its great to use the feedback section, i MUCH rather have that done then hearing from other people that someone is talking behind my back. IMO if you have a problem with someone, go talk to them, dont spread it all over...

And its still beyond me how how feedback can be make by someone other then the customer! Obviously a LOT of vital information was left out, that changes everything!
__________________
BIMMER HEAVEN
Specialized in BMW recycling, all OEM used parts
Up to 90% off new cost!!!
Most models E30 E36 E46 E90 E92 E34 E39 E60 E32 E38 E65 E66 X5 M3 M5


Call 11-8PM 416 821-2578
New inventory daily. 50+ cars in stock!
Eurostyle is offline  
Old 04-22-2009, 08:37 PM   #44
5thseries
biggerthen3
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Brampton
Posts: 722
Your friend ****ed up

I said it.. Bimmersport did what they had to do, put the motor in.... Dont ****ing bash them for your friends boo boo... ha. if anything go rant to the dumb idiot who does not know how to screw a friggin nut in properly..

Ignorance.. rofl..
5thseries is offline  
Old 04-22-2009, 08:51 PM   #45
$500bimmer
6th Gear Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: brampton
Posts: 1,465
bah......sounds like a personal problem......no warr. on used parts PERIOD. and then it had no oil, not the shops problem(they even tried helping your friend out and your still complaining????) lol


sorry i dont mean to sound like a dick.....but people screw up and it sounds like your bud should talk to whom even messed his oil pan up....simple
__________________

$500bimmer is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:56 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.