Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > Classifieds > Supporting Vendor Comments/Feedback > Bimmersport Automotive
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Closed Thread

Old 04-21-2009, 11:23 AM   #1
AceOfSpades
♠ ♠ ♠

Bimmersport - bad experiance - Problem resolved (miscommunication)

Thank you for taking my buddys money which is around $3000, doing an engine swap and ending up with a blown engine a couple of weeks later.

PM me on stating how you were right and he's wrong for talking about his bad experiance is pushing it.

Shit happens. I definitely agree with that. But i'm pretty sure none of us is paying 3G for shit

P.S eurostyle, don't stick your nose in other people's business. its not professional at all.
Old 04-21-2009, 11:37 AM   #2
325ixE30
3rd Gear Member

The best thing to do is work something out with the shop. There must be something they can do?

What engine swap?
Old 04-21-2009, 01:53 PM   #3
Jon@Bimmersport
MaXsponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by 325ixE30 View Post
The best thing to do is work something out with the shop. There must be something they can do?

What engine swap?
There is something that can be done, and there was. The customer brought the car knocking to us after he picked it up in working order. No problem, but the problem is that the customer picked up the car from us before any work can be done, - let alone work out what is to be done. Your buddy may be upset, he has this problem...but explain this. He leaves here initially car running strong, and comes back knocking..naturally anyone will be upset. Please state where he is told he has to pay for another $3000 for a swap. If he was (which he was not) then by all means post, be upset, share your experience.

Bushan, this is pretty childish (especially the difference in tone when it is posted here and on PM) - I completely understand where you are comming from, defending yourself and your friend BUT I PM'd you to see what is going on with your friend, and to try and help him out..not just defend the shop. Its called customer service - not defining right and wrong. I talked to you like a friend, not a customer..but I guess you didnt realize. I am technically going after your friend to fix his problem...instead of him comming back to me after hearing his complaints to someone other than myself or Charlie - which is what I said was wrong - but he isnt getting the cold shoulder (I am sure many will agree, look at the post above). Given how we always taken care of you and your car, your 5speed swap as well...is quite appauling, but still..understanding. Anyways, if you re-read the PM's what I said is wrong..is that he complained to a person who doesnt even work here!!!!

How do you think the engine started knocking? Engines dont expire after a few weeks. A problem like this is caused by excessive heat/strain on engine internals. Something caused that problem, and I think you are excluding the factor of driver negligance. By the way, we never told him to drive it knocking because you dont need to be a mechanic to know that. Please keep in mind, we told him we would work something out for the engine...after determining the cause of the problem. Did he expect me to right away pull it in, swap in a new one without seeing what was at fault? We also have other customers that have already booked appts, I cannot cancel on them and say I have a problem with a previous job. A lot of people get fustrated when it comes to dealing with problems, but fail to remember we have to take care of you as well as everyone else here. Everything cant just stop, but accomodations can be made.

In no way am I saying we're perfect, we make mistakes...but dont tell me the car left with no coolant, was over heating and he brought it back...because you cant pressure bleed a car with a leak (fail proof bleed/leak check).

Authorized Ontario dealer for Active Autowerke|VF-Engineering|[/color]ESS TuningAFE|Bilstein Suspension|H&R Suspension|KW suspension|Brembo Brake Systems| Stoptech| - Call us for the best pricing please DO NOT PM in regards to pricing

Maintenance|Performance|Tuning & Forced Induction

Last edited by Jon@Bimmersport; 04-21-2009 at 02:10 PM.
Old 04-21-2009, 02:15 PM   #4
Eurostyle
MaXsponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by AceOfSpades View Post
P.S eurostyle, don't stick your nose in other people's business. its not professional at all.
When rumours are started that I SOLD a bad engine, it makes it MY business. I can make a list of engines sold, and none were to your friend/or Bimmersport for that swap!
Most models E30 E36 E46 E90 E92 E93 E34 E39 E60 E32 E38 E65 E66 X3 X5 M3 M5 Z4

Etobicoke location opening SOON!!!!

Call 11-8PM 416 821-2578
New inventory daily. 50+ cars in stock!
Old 04-21-2009, 02:24 PM   #5
AceOfSpades
♠ ♠ ♠

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eurostyle View Post
When rumours are started that I SOLD a bad engine, it makes it MY business. I can make a list of engines sold, and none were to your friend/or Bimmersport for that swap!
thats why i told you to stay out of it.
that little bitch who's spreading the rumours need to clean his ears and vag while he's at it. Nothing was said about your business

Last edited by AceOfSpades; 04-21-2009 at 02:27 PM.
Old 04-21-2009, 09:20 PM   #6
e30blue
2nd Gear Member

I have never been to your shop and can't say that you guys are bad people and do bad work but I am very good friends with this guy and have found a few flaws in your post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonny_blaze View Post
There is something that can be done, and there was. The customer brought the car knocking to us after he picked it up in working order. No problem, but the problem is that the customer picked up the car from us before any work can be done, - let alone work out what is to be done.
The customer did NOT pick up the car from you BEFORE any work can be done, because that customer paid another $250 dollars, on top after the swap, for you guys to fix the problem and was told BY YOUR SHOP that the car was ready to go. Unless you guys just took the money and did absolutely nothing to fix it.

Quote:
I am technically going after your friend to fix his problem...instead of him comming back to me after hearing his complaints to someone other than myself or Charlie - which is what I said was wrong - but he isnt getting the cold shoulder (I am sure many will agree, look at the post above).
This swap happened a year ago, not once did you or anybody from bimmersport contact him to fix the problem. And he wasn't complaining but just telling his friends of his experiences with you shop. NOTHING wrong with that.

Quote:
Please keep in mind, we told him we would work something out for the engine...after determining the cause of the problem. Did he expect me to right away pull it in, swap in a new one without seeing what was at fault?
After he brought the car back, what BIMMERSPORT said was that he had to pay even more money to have the motor opened up and be looked at. And no he didn't expect you to pull it in right away because the car was at your shop, from what I remember, for over a week at least if not two and yet it still wasn't fixed.

Once again, I'm not trying to shit on your shop but just letting people know the full story.
Old 04-21-2009, 09:24 PM   #7
5thseries
biggerthen3

Bimmer sport did what they had to do.. swap the motor.. maybe the engine was a dud.. =|.
Old 04-21-2009, 09:31 PM   #8
e30blue
2nd Gear Member

^^^ maybe the motor was a dud...but bimmersport was the one who sold it to him
Old 04-21-2009, 10:37 PM   #9
damameke
6th Gear Member

hope this will have a happy ending between your friend and bimmersport
Old 04-21-2009, 10:41 PM   #10
bullett
2nd Gear Member

no no no, no fanboyism! i love drama, hahaha..and yes..it seems there is some sort of a loose cannon feeding some info....mmmmmm this can either get really out of hand or can be kept in the bag.......muahahaha
Old 04-21-2009, 10:50 PM   #11
328IScreamer
6th Gear Member

up until now i have only ever seen good posts for bimmer sport
both sides seem to have compelling arguments
Old 04-21-2009, 11:19 PM   #12
MiroE36
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 328IScreamer View Post
up until now i have only ever seen good posts for bimmer sport
both sides seem to have compelling arguments
I too have only heard great things about bimmersport, frankly Tom also recommends them without thinking twice.

Did bimmersport drop the ball on this one?? Hard to tell... the way I see it, is that there are inherent risks to getting engine swaps done. Engine swaps are not easy, and by no means 100% guaranteed to occur flawlessly. If bimmersport sold their client the engine, they needed to have gotten it from somewhere, so potentially the supplied engine could have been a dud. Likewise, it could be a driver issue, my friend blew up his H22 engine in less than a year after the swap, but he loved to rip on the engine on a day to day basis. Ultimately, I don't want to take sides here, but bimmersport has been around long enough to build up a great reputation amongst a lot of their customers. In my opinion, no business that scams and screws over their clients will last over a long-term. This is also does not go to say that bimmersport is 100% not at fault. At the end of it all, this is a very unfortunate situation which will have to get resolved between the two parties. I don't think that bimmersport is in any way responsible for any compensation unless they choose to provide any warranty. However, it would be bimmersports interest to resolve this matter even at a cost to them to show great customer service and support. In the long run, superior customer service is what ensures profitability.

my 2 cents.
Old 04-21-2009, 11:21 PM   #13
AceOfSpades
♠ ♠ ♠

Quote:
There is something that can be done, and there was. The customer brought the car knocking to us after he picked it up in working order. No problem, but the problem is that the customer picked up the car from us before any work can be done, - let alone work out what is to be done. Your buddy may be upset, he has this problem...but explain this. He leaves here initially car running strong, and comes back knocking..naturally anyone will be upset.
The was more money involved beside the Initial cost of the swap

Quote:
Please state where he is told he has to pay for another $3000 for a swap. If he was (which he was not) then by all means post, be upset, share your experience.
Bimmersport told him that he had to pay extra to have the BLOWN engine checked! Where is he supposed to get all that kind of cash? 3Gs on its own is ALOT of money!

Quote:
Bushan, this is pretty childish (especially the difference in tone when it is posted here and on PM) - I completely understand where you are comming from, defending yourself and your friend BUT I PM'd you to see what is going on with your friend, and to try and help him out..not just defend the shop.
Please John, post the PM exchange and let everyone decide whether i changed my tone or I was childish in anyway. Its not about whats being said about you that you need to be concerned, its about helping your customers out. If you did a good job, i'd send more people towards your shop. That is exactly what happended when i recomended your shop to my friend in the very first place...my mistake

Quote:
Its called customer service - not defining right and wrong. I talked to you like a friend, not a customer..but I guess you didnt realize. I am technically going after your friend to fix his problem...instead of him comming back to me after hearing his complaints to someone other than myself or Charlie - which is what I said was wrong - but he isnt getting the cold shoulder (I am sure many will agree, look at the post above). Given how we always taken care of you and your car, your 5speed swap as well...is quite appauling, but still..understanding.
When i paid $2300 for a 5 speed swap, I WAS expecting a good job no question asked

Quote:
Anyways, if you re-read the PM's what I said is wrong..is that he complained to a person who doesnt even work here!!!!
I told you already that it was one of situation where you had one shot and one shot only to get it right. If you got it right, he would have been complimenting your work. Did that happen? $3Gs, engine swap and a few weeks later the car was not movable. It is not a pleasant experiance. There is absolutely nothing wrong in sharing a personal experiance

Quote:
How do you think the engine started knocking? Engines dont expire after a few weeks. A problem like this is caused by excessive heat/strain on engine internals. Something caused that problem, and I think you are excluding the factor of driver negligance. By the way, we never told him to drive it knocking because you dont need to be a mechanic to know that. Please keep in mind, we told him we would work something out for the engine...after determining the cause of the problem. Did he expect me to right away pull it in, swap in a new one without seeing what was at fault? We also have other customers that have already booked appts, I cannot cancel on them and say I have a problem with a previous job. A lot of people get fustrated when it comes to dealing with problems, but fail to remember we have to take care of you as well as everyone else here. Everything cant just stop, but accomodations can be made.

In no way am I saying we're perfect, we make mistakes...but dont tell me the car left with no coolant, was over heating and he brought it back...because you cant pressure bleed a car with a leak (fail proof bleed/leak check).
You're the mechanic. I ask the question, you supply the answers. It is not the other way around. i'm just gonna say that, in that situation, the life span of an engine is not a few weeks

John, if you took proper care of my friend, we wouldn't be in that situation rigt now. Doing the crappy swap and then leaving him $3Gs+ short and without a car isn't exactly what i would call customer service

Last edited by AceOfSpades; 04-21-2009 at 11:26 PM.
Old 04-22-2009, 01:36 AM   #14
Jacko
2nd Gear Member

I m not sure about your friend's experiance but when bimmersport did my S52 that I bought from euroguy I have no complains. They went the extra mile for me to fix all my other little problems.
Old 04-22-2009, 02:39 AM   #15
98Dinan3
6th Gear Member

Send a message via MSN to 98Dinan3
I had my S52 swap done by Bimmersport, after buying the motor from Tom (Euroguy). I have no complaints, and the install was pretty clean. The price was also more than fair. Call up a BMW dealer and ask what a motor swap will cost you...

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: