Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > General > General Discussion
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 04-10-2009, 11:42 AM   #1
commodore64
MR. Supercharger

Best custom exhaust shops (new)

Guy's

I need to find an excellent shop that does custom work (exhaust) ...

I have two vehicles that require a completely different setup then stock

99 Corvette
01 540i

This will require cutting of certain parts of the underbody and I want a clean install ... I have done the search however the posts are old (I want something updated)

Please note Zorro Exhaust / Midas and Noyz Boyz are garbage so lets list some guys with skills and class

Thanks Dudes
commodore64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2009, 12:06 PM   #2
bimmerjoe
Yagerbombs/skanks

so your looking for quality and with quality comes a price tag no cheap stuff. i went throught the same phase with my 540. i didnt want any shmo to do my exhaust as i was willing to spend the money.
i did my research and came across a max member who got their exhaust done at this place called HOT ROD SCOTT'S in etobicoke. i heard his car at a meet and wanted the exact same setup as him, it sounded amazing! i took the day off work and went there to get it done. they were very skilled people and he has been in buisness for over 20 years. when my car is in the air people always compliment how stock the bends and piping look. it blends right into the rest of the stock piping. ( i got a cat back).

so your best bet is

HOT ROD SCOTT

here is a video of that same guy's exhaust in action
its a 525it e34 with a v8 swap

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=12nzsHJGMes
Old 04-10-2009, 12:08 PM   #3
///Maluco
5erholic

I had Raven Performance (www.ravenperformance.com) make a custom dual setup on my E12 a couple of years ago. I'm very happy with the results so I highly recommend them.
I've also had nothing but positive reactions when others have seen and heard the system.

RAVEN Performance Inc.
7634 Woodbine Avenue, Unit #6
Markham, ON. L3R 2N2
Tel: (905) 477-1800
Fax: (905) 477-5963

Bimmer Mag......................October 2010.....................Issue No. 93
///Maluco is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2009, 12:42 PM   #4
Mikeee46coup
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bimmerjoe View Post
so your looking for quality and with quality comes a price tag no cheap stuff. i went throught the same phase with my 540. i didnt want any shmo to do my exhaust as i was willing to spend the money.
i did my research and came across a max member who got their exhaust done at this place called HOT ROD SCOTT'S in etobicoke. i heard his car at a meet and wanted the exact same setup as him, it sounded amazing! i took the day off work and went there to get it done. they were very skilled people and he has been in buisness for over 20 years. when my car is in the air people always compliment how stock the bends and piping look. it blends right into the rest of the stock piping. ( i got a cat back).

so your best bet is

HOT ROD SCOTT

^What Joe said, Hot Rod Scott is amazing!!!

DPE Wheels, H&R Cupkit, M3 Interior...too many mods to list.
Mikeee46coup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2009, 01:42 PM   #5
Porter86
shiftin gears

Send a message via MSN to Porter86
Quote:

so your best bet is

HOT ROD SCOTT

I've heard alot of good about hot rod scotts as well. I think he got bought out though and is now toronto muffler and brake, i think. Its on kipling, north of queensways south of dundas, on the east side.
Porter86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2009, 02:50 PM   #6
ACS_DAN
16/F/Cali

Send a message via MSN to ACS_DAN
Quote:

so your best bet is

HOT ROD SCOTT

Just a small minor correction, that car was initially a 530it swapped to a 4 litre 5 speed.

Doing that to a 525it would be similar to moving mountains

=p

95 530i|Modifications - Work.
ACS_DAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2009, 12:40 AM   #7
commodore64
MR. Supercharger

thanks for the excellent info. I'm taking the car in to hot rod scotts I ended up cutting the areas needed off with my friend. Came out great now it's time to get some custom pipes
Old 04-11-2009, 03:17 AM   #8
bimmerjoe
Yagerbombs/skanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACS_DAN View Post
Just a small minor correction, that car was initially a 530it swapped to a 4 litre 5 speed.

Doing that to a 525it would be similar to moving mountains

=p
yea your right, i wasnt sure if it was a 525 or 530.

and the video i posted is the wrong clip i just noticed, haha.
Old 04-11-2009, 10:01 PM   #9
E36 Power
DEFINE GF

HOT ROD SCOTT!

They work on EVERY kind of car, lambos to tercels getting exhaust work done.
Old 04-11-2009, 10:28 PM   #10
jmack
2nd Gear Member

bimmerjoe, any pics / specs on what you got for your 540i.. how is the sound compared to stock.. from a highway drone perspective. I have a RSR on my Miata and would not want anything close to that for daily driving
jmack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2009, 10:52 PM   #11
BigD
the misanthropist

I love the guys who did the exhaust on my E30. Their stainless welds and bends are artwork. The shop itself is super cool. There are a number of cool hotrods being worked on at any time. First time I was there they finished swapping an LS7 drivetrain into a 59 vette.

http://www.coachworkscanada.com/
Old 04-12-2009, 07:55 PM   #12
commodore64
MR. Supercharger

Here is the review...

Ended up driving to Hot-Rod Scott's with my brother to have work done on the e39 ... Staff is very friendly (be patient they are busy as hell)...

They made all efforts to satisfy me and recommended on how the exhaust would look better / more modern.

End result, I cannot describe how well they installed the exhaust systems on both vehicles ... My e39 dual exhaust (full setup) looks incredible (they took approx 3 / 4 hours in total) they completed the minor cutting that was required (as I finished most of it myself)... The tips that had been used good god are beautiful

Now .... As BimmerJoe stated "PAY TO PLAY" it was expensive, but worth every bloody dime ... I watched as the installer literally was not happy how it was off by about 1mm (tips) so he took them off and started again...

I have already informed many of the guys at work that this is the place to go for any and I mean any custom exhaust work...

Charger goes on next week ... My project is coming to an end boys
Old 04-12-2009, 08:02 PM   #13
bimmerjoe
Yagerbombs/skanks

Pix or ban!!!
How much did he charge you all said and done?
And did you say charger?!? As is supercharger for what the 540?
Old 04-12-2009, 08:33 PM   #14
commodore64
MR. Supercharger

pics will go up this week im way to lazy and tired but indeed I will post

I really dont want to list the price and scare anyone here, it was custom work / cutting and of course quality so price ..... was high

I purchased a charger off a guy in the states for the 540i and had to mail off my ECU for programming and it has been taking a very very very long time , I contacted not to long ago and they said 1 / 2 more weeks

This project has been going on for like two years now , so im hoping this summer it will finally be finished
Old 04-12-2009, 08:47 PM   #15
bimmerjoe
Yagerbombs/skanks

if your lazy and wanna see lemme know!!!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: