Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > Platinum maXbimmer Sponsors > Bimmersport Automotive
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 06-02-2011, 10:29 PM   #91
slowdubbin68
1st Gear Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tutankhamon View Post
It never seems to end ... so much sh*t seems to be said about this "shop". It would be so much more convenient for me (due to where I live) to take my car to this "shop" in order to get the engine swap that I want to get done.

But it's stories like this that really can ruin a shop's reputation. To try and place all the blame on a tech rather than accept it as a collective shop and business is truly childish. People would have a lot more respect if the shop accepts responsibility for their actions.

My engine swap will be done at RMP, no question about it.

tie straps.... lol what a f'n joke.
Well I hope that this thread gets through to many more people looking to do swaps as well.
slowdubbin68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 11:11 PM   #92
Michel
6th Gear Member

^ lol whats being said? its always the same 2-3 ppl complaining about the same thing in different threads... and 1 guy changing alias' every week and bashing. did you NOT read what Bliss said above??

btw ive heard of many horror stories at ur 'alternate' shop. pm me if you wanna know.
Old 06-02-2011, 11:18 PM   #93
slowdubbin68
1st Gear Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michel View Post
^ lol whats being said? its always the same 2-3 ppl complaining about the same thing in different threads... and 1 guy changing alias' every week and bashing. did you NOT read what Bliss said above??

btw ive heard of many horror stories at ur 'alternate' shop. pm me if you wanna know.
You cant read whats being said ? what alternate shop ? why don't you quote who you're talking to. Yeah ok 1 guy was an alias, so the mod should air the guys regular account out, instead of saying he will save the embarrassment.
slowdubbin68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 11:41 PM   #94
Michel
6th Gear Member

when I put a ^ then im voicing the post above... no need to quote. and for the alternate shop, there was only one other shop mentioned in this thread. put 2 and 2 together.

btw in a proper argument, when the opposing view starts to get personal in their defence and attack, as you did, it means they have no real response to the argument. pm me if you want to know about some 'great work' done at rmp and ill tell u.

Last edited by Michel; 06-02-2011 at 11:45 PM.
Michel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2011, 09:26 AM   #95
damameke
6th Gear Member

I didnt want to add fuel to this thread but new max members and or using "alais" had brought this old thread to life...so this is my persective...

Hey guys.. I am not associated with Bimmsport but all the posts that I did were neutral unlike some.

Reason:,, I do not know the "real" story behind except from what I had read in here.. like "He said and "He said". and was reported after many months had lapsed after the swap.

From my persective, Jon had extended what no Customer service or company had done again based on what I had read from his posts but ultimately OP declined..for reason he only knew...enough effort were made by Jon to right a wrong even tho another tech did the swap..

Having said that..the ex-tech had the same setup on his current ride, which many of you knew and gloat about...so why isnt his cooler dropped off when he went "off track"? ..again from what I had read...

Many times we jumped to conculsion and I believed its herd mentality,,

If you do not want or trust this shop to maintainn or swap your engine.. dont go there, negative opinions without really knowing the full story can be hurtful to a person or company....and I am sure we were not driving BMW when Charlie already has his shop going...

Michel.. ok, I cant resist....PMed......
damameke is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2011, 09:30 AM   #96
don_miguel
1st Gear Newbie

Quote:
when I put a ^ then im voicing the post above... no need to quote. and for the alternate shop, there was only one other shop mentioned in this thread. put 2 and 2 together.

btw in a proper argument, when the opposing view starts to get personal in their defence and attack, as you did, it means they have no real response to the argument. pm me if you want to know about some 'great work' done at rmp and ill tell u.
Wow this board has info from every angle. Would you be able to PM me as well? I'm pretty new here, and I agree with what your saying. It seems as if each shop has it's own unofficial representatives (or something of that nature) to go look out for them.
don_miguel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2011, 10:01 AM   #97
kevin325
AMG ETR

Quote:

If you think I'm going around and changing alias' every week then i really don't know what to say to you.

It's not always the same 2-3 people bashing. I just listed 5 people complaining about how they paid this "shop" and never got the serviced which they deserved. I am not saying every single customer is getting screwed, but there is a lot of us - so no it's not the same "1 guy" complaining every single week with a different alias.

I won't even post up about my problem anymore how about that?? - here's the 5 people which I listed earlier. Since you are proud customer of this shop which you represent, can you please chime in and address the following issues that OTHER customers brought up:

Person #1:

"Brought my car there for a suspension install and a couple little odds and ends.

Suspension was royally messed:
-camber plates backwards
-rear ride height adjusters installed upside down
-didn't tighten front swaybar bushing bracket (bolts almost totally backed out
-coil over sleeve on front passenger strut spun loosely (trying to adjust height would just spin the whole sleeve),
-alignment way out of wack (was given a sheet with handwritten measurements, I didn't trust after seeing the other issues and took it to an alignment shop to be properly adjusted)
-replaced O2 sensor wasn't tightened down (it was loss and rattling)

Its a shame to see Bimmersport has such ongoing issues. My experience was enough to never return."

Person #2:

"There are all sorts of strange garages... I had a guy come over on Friday who has been taking his car to a well known BMW shop that advertises here. He has various problems since they did his s50B32 swap. Recently it has not been idling and running well. They told him it's the MarkD software. The car comes here, what do I see? a hole the size of a penny in the rubber boot between the MAF and intake manifold ... I don't know why that was not fixed before they look for all sorts of other explainations for his problem. "

Person #3:

"Haha... you should see the swapped car here.... same thing, S50B32... and it is the same disaster. I lost all respect for that shop. Turning a blind eye to the way things were installed or solutions taken for various parts, just the sheer amount of loose and missing bolts is appalling."

Person #4:

"the same shop you guys are talking about also forgot to put the gasket for the oil filter on my car when they did the oil change. oil was pouring out during hard acceleration. they told me either pay for the tow fee or drive it back to the shop like that. NOW WHEN I tried to sell the car everyone thinks my car has problems since there is oil EVERYWHERE in the bay and under the chassis they also messed up my sisters X5"

Person #5:

"Add me to the list. Thankfully I didn't get as royally screwed as some of you.

-Reverse lights not working after engine swap
-Lost fuse pick
-Lost wheel lock (had to hammer them off)
-Shoddy alignment
-Broken/missing header bolts
-Stripped engine cover
-Front bumper undertray screwed in
-Front control arm bushing pre-loaded"

I'll also bite the bullet and go ahead and post a few other people who have complained about this god like shop:

Person 6:

"Car runs amazing now, they fixed alot of issues that bimmersport created. They re tuned the cams as they were not done right from them. Also alot of small things that looked liked it was rushed together. But what killed me is that I paid all this money to them and after the head was installed and things were not running right charlie would turn to me and say what do you want me to do now.

paid big and good money to them but the service was lacking to detail and care. I also found that it took forever to get things done as they were learning half the stuff from my car. Or that I was tired of not having and License person working on the car. Its o.k to have a apprentice but not to be left alone to work on cars as if they are license. You know what I mean."

Person 7:

"I have a good idea what they are capable of as people tell me and I have to send them to other shops to get the problems fixed. One guy goes in for a timing chain tensioner on his 540, and it runs like crap after. A few valves were bent in the process.. but they said the car came in like that. I have other fine stories also.

Listen to this one: I heard that they installed a meth kit on a 335i but just ran the hose into the intake, they didn't even install a meth nozzle!"

So please tell me how it's the same person always complaining or changing alias'? Just becuase I speak my mind and I'm not scared to talk about my experience makes me the same person complaining? Instead of Bruce doing IP checks, he should do some sponsor checks and see what this "shop" is doing to his members that helped him build this forum - but I guess $$$ talks.

I thought you guys were gonna let this die down but you keep bumping it - it's really working against you. And please do share your "horror" stories - same one you posted on E46Fanatics? lol - I should use the rebuttal "all shops make mistakes".

I guess I will make this my "last post" as well - unless you guys keep posting non sense that does not RELATE to the problem that this shop has with previous customers and keep bringing up "other" shops who are doing their own thing and not minding what these people do. If not, we can do this dance all year.

kevin325 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2011, 10:14 AM   #98
MarkD
Banned

I want to know why I have e90 owners telling me that Jon says never to take your car to MarkD for tuning as he does not know what he is doing. And someone else made a post in that closed thread (and then removed it a minute later) saying why I am talking, he can say many horror stories about me. Well I haven't heard them yet, I wonder where those come from? And why would he remove that post after one minute?

By the way, "the tech who left" was not working there when Herb Wong's e30 550b32 swap was done. Maye Herb or craz azn will chime in on that one. On Tuesday May 24, we were at a track day at Mosport and it was still suffering from some troubles directly related to the install. It also only lasted only 1 day at Targa Newfoundland, I wonder why. And now it is running the same software that another s50b32 E30 swap owner was told was the cause of his problems. (not the big hole just after his MAF)

I have refrained from posting here so this will probably be the only thing I have to say. Bimmersport can run their operation any way they like, just don't talk BS about others.

Last edited by MarkD; 06-03-2011 at 10:36 AM.
MarkD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2011, 11:58 AM   #99
Jon@Bimmersport
MaXsponsor

I guess this makes that one my second last post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevin325 View Post
If you think I'm going around and changing alias' every week then i really don't know what to say to you.

You don't have anything to say, because no one is talking about you making aliases?

It's not always the same 2-3 people bashing. I just listed 5 people complaining about how they paid this "shop" and never got the serviced which they deserved. I am not saying every single customer is getting screwed, but there is a lot of us - so no it's not the same "1 guy" complaining every single week with a different alias.

Rudy is not a customer of my shop, and neither is MarkD. Some of the actual customers of the cars still come here, one of the owners of the Targa car is a service advisor at BMW who I work with all the time. If he really was as pissed as you make it out to be, why is referring people to us?

I won't even post up about my problem anymore how about that?? - here's the 5 people which I listed earlier. Since you are proud customer of this shop which you represent, can you please chime in and address the following issues that OTHER customers brought up:

Person #1:

"Brought my car there for a suspension install and a couple little odds and ends.

Suspension was royally messed:
-camber plates backwards
-rear ride height adjusters installed upside down
-didn't tighten front swaybar bushing bracket (bolts almost totally backed out
-coil over sleeve on front passenger strut spun loosely (trying to adjust height would just spin the whole sleeve),
-alignment way out of wack (was given a sheet with handwritten measurements, I didn't trust after seeing the other issues and took it to an alignment shop to be properly adjusted)
-replaced O2 sensor wasn't tightened down (it was loss and rattling)

Its a shame to see Bimmersport has such ongoing issues. My experience was enough to never return."

Person #2: = MarkD's post

"There are all sorts of strange garages... I had a guy come over on Friday who has been taking his car to a well known BMW shop that advertises here. He has various problems since they did his s50B32 swap. Recently it has not been idling and running well. They told him it's the MarkD software. The car comes here, what do I see? a hole the size of a penny in the rubber boot between the MAF and intake manifold ... I don't know why that was not fixed before they look for all sorts of other explainations for his problem. "

Person #3: = Rudy

"Haha... you should see the swapped car here.... same thing, S50B32... and it is the same disaster. I lost all respect for that shop. Turning a blind eye to the way things were installed or solutions taken for various parts, just the sheer amount of loose and missing bolts is appalling."

Person #4:

"the same shop you guys are talking about also "forgot to put the gasket for the oil filter on my car when they did the oil change. " - How would your friend make it to Richmond Hill from Mississauga without this seal? I would hate for anyone to experiment with this but it will not happen. oil was pouring out during hard acceleration. they told me either pay for the tow fee or drive it back to the shop like that. NOW WHEN I tried to sell the car everyone thinks my car has problems since there is oil EVERYWHERE in the bay and under the chassis they also messed up my sisters X5"

Person #5:

"Add me to the list. Thankfully I didn't get as royally screwed as some of you.

-Reverse lights not working after engine swap
-Lost fuse pick
-Lost wheel lock (had to hammer them off)
-Shoddy alignment
-Broken/missing header bolts
-Stripped engine cover
-Front bumper undertray screwed in
-Front control arm bushing pre-loaded"

I'll also bite the bullet and go ahead and post a few other people who have complained about this god like shop:

Person 6:

"Car runs amazing now, they fixed alot of issues that bimmersport created. They re tuned the cams as they were not done right from them. Also alot of small things that looked liked it was rushed together. But what killed me is that I paid all this money to them and after the head was installed and things were not running right charlie would turn to me and say what do you want me to do now.

paid big and good money to them but the service was lacking to detail and care. I also found that it took forever to get things done as they were learning half the stuff from my car. Or that I was tired of not having and License person working on the car. Its o.k to have a apprentice but not to be left alone to work on cars as if they are license. You know what I mean."

Person 7: = Mark D again

"I have a good idea what they are capable of as people tell me and I have to send them to other shops to get the problems fixed. One guy goes in for a timing chain tensioner on his 540, and it runs like crap after. A few valves were bent in the process.. but they said the car came in like that. I have other fine stories also.

Listen to this one: I heard that they installed a meth kit on a 335i but just ran the hose into the intake, they didn't even install a meth nozzle!"

Funny thing, same tech. Responsibility = Bimmersport's, so what did we do? The car came back and the nozzle was installed. It was not in the boxed kit that was pre-assembled.

So please tell me how it's the same person always complaining or changing alias'?

Because with how many banned usernames, they all go back to one very important key player in this whole situation's IP address. Who said it's a customer?

Just becuase I speak my mind and I'm not scared to talk about my experience makes me the same person complaining? Instead of Bruce doing IP checks, he should do some sponsor checks and see what this "shop" is doing to his members that helped him build this forum - but I guess $$$ talks.

Again, not everything here is about you Kevin. Stop trying to cover up for a friend, because it's already in the open - just like this situation, but I really don't care. All big companies even ones like HPF, AA, VF-E have issues. I am not trying to "cover up" anything. I have shared info that happenned here, behind the curtains and what I tried to do to resolve it. Like damanake understood and MANY others, hard mentality is a big factor into how this played out. How many times did I come to you to resolve this, compared to how many times you came to us?

I thought you guys were gonna let this die down but you keep bumping it - it's really working against you. And please do share your "horror" stories - same one you posted on E46Fanatics? lol - I should use the rebuttal "all shops make mistakes". - You very well should, because we make mistakes, or RMP makes mistakes or BMW themselves makes mistakes - it DOES HAPPEN. .

I guess I will make this my "last post" as well - unless you guys keep posting non sense that does not RELATE to the problem that this shop has with previous customers and keep bringing up "other" shops who are doing their own thing and not minding what these people do. If not, we can do this dance all year.

- What damanake said
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkD View Post
I want to know why I have e90 owners telling me that Jon says never to take your car to MarkD for tuning as he does not know what he is doing. And someone else made a post in that closed thread (and then removed it a minute later) saying why I am talking, he can say many horror stories about me. Well I haven't heard them yet, I wonder where those come from? And why would he remove that post after one minute?

I have refrained from posting here so this will probably be the only thing I have to say.

By the way, "the tech who left" was not working there when Herb Wong's e30 550b32 swap was done. Maye Herb or craz azn will chime in on that one. On Tuesday May 24, we were at a track day at Mosport and it was still suffering from some troubles directly related to the install. It also only lasted only 1 day at Targa Newfoundland, I wonder why.
You want to know why? I don't have a problem with your tuning for the LAST time Mark. My experience with you was:

Out of 10 days of making appointments with you for OUR shop E36 M3 Turbo, you come to me 10days out of 10. In those 10days you came, 8 of them you FORGOT YOUR EQUIPMENT. On the day you tuned it the M3 ended up with a hole in the piston. Therefore, I said that to my customer's the same way you are PM'ing everyone on max about me...is that I did not feel comfortable selling your products due to your WORK ETHIC. If you cannot be punctual with me on our own shop cars, there is no way I am dealing with someone like that for my clients.

Now does that put an end to this childish game you are trying to start with me. I do not have the time for this. You have a dealer Oceanside in LA, that also sells for Active. What do you think they do? The same thing I am doing, letting our mutual customers choose the products they want - unfortunately, the customer we both had in that group buy chose your competitor over you. The difference between them and me, is I offer a local Mon-Fri 9-6 place where they can be reverted to stock ANYTIME. Not someone they have to setup an appointment to work around 2 schedules. Customers in LA have no choice either way. To be honest, I think I have a more convenient solution for the majority of customers and I do not need to inform the customers of the obvious.

Now I'd like to know why, since you are not even a sponsor here with a business how you think going and PM'ing everybody about OTHER PEOPLE'S (when the Targa car owners you keep mentioning don't share you anger towards us) experience because you are sour on lost sales makes you any more professional than I am Mark. For someone of your age, you really need to relax before even more people call you immature (what a coincidence, we're referencing the same mutual clients). I don't see you going out of your way to talk about those people who say the same things, so stop instigating problems between us.

Damamake,

I'd just like to thank you for having a thoroughly thought out post and perception of this situation. People in general make up a forum, and people like you are the ones who positively contribute - no matter who's favour your in.

Authorized Ontario dealer for Active Autowerke|VF-Engineering|AFE|Bilstein Suspension|H&R Suspension|KW suspension|Brembo Brake Systems| Stoptech| - Call us for the best pricing please DO NOT PM in regards to pricing

Maintenance|Performance|Tuning & Forced Induction

Last edited by Jon@Bimmersport; 06-03-2011 at 02:53 PM.
Jon@Bimmersport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2011, 01:43 PM   #100
MarkD
Banned

Jon,

I am not home (at a client's office) but will respond either tonight or sometime Saturday. It's quite clear to me how that motor died and both you and Charlie should have realised it was not due to any negligence on my part.

Mark
MarkD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2011, 02:42 PM   #101
Jon@Bimmersport
MaXsponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkD View Post
Jon,

I am not home (at a client's office) but will respond either tonight or sometime Saturday. It's quite clear to me how that motor died and both you and Charlie should have realised it was not due to any negligence on my part.

Mark
See, here is your problem with the E90 guys. I never said you blew the motor, I just don't like your work ethic on how unreliable you were. Thank you for proving my point on the whole missing link in communication, as well as the problem you have with me in regards to the E90 customers. If they ask me who I'd prefer, I will say it now what I say verbally...I would rather have an Active tune on my car due to the extensive knowledge they have (and you may too). However, understand your part time business is not as supportive as a FULL TIME business on both the software engineer's side, and the local person who loads it. We can argue all day and night, however that's part of the criteria they decide upon.

If you remember, after this happened with Charlie's car I wanted to use you to tune my E36 turbo...however, I did not even get around to it and even if I did, this whole issue of you remembering to bring your laptop was a big issue for me.

You can post later Mark if you want or better yet we can be grown men and discuss this in person if there is some issue you'd like to discuss - just let me know when and where and I will be happy to have a discussion with you on this matter, maybe the midnight meet if you would rather have it public.

Authorized Ontario dealer for Active Autowerke|VF-Engineering|AFE|Bilstein Suspension|H&R Suspension|KW suspension|Brembo Brake Systems| Stoptech| - Call us for the best pricing please DO NOT PM in regards to pricing

Maintenance|Performance|Tuning & Forced Induction

Last edited by Jon@Bimmersport; 06-03-2011 at 03:17 PM.
Jon@Bimmersport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2011, 05:41 PM   #102
MGYVER
2nd Gear Member

Bimmersport and Targa

A quick note to set the record straight for our Targa E30 S50B32 car.

I have been dealing with Charlie and Bimmersport for over 8 years and I have never had any issues with the quality of service or work that has been done. They have completed 2 engine swaps in 2 different cars for me and made extensive modifications to both swapped cars. Many times they have gone above and beyond what I could have expected in a shop. They have ALWAYS been available, attentive, and addressed ANY concerns I have had. They have always gone the extra mile and then some. We would not have been able to compete in Targa Newfoundland without their extensive help and support. Our misfortunes at Targa were due to the harsh realities of rally racing, ie. things break when you drive hard.

Please do not reference us as dissatisfied customers in these posts as we have nothing but praise for Charlie and Bimmersport.

Thank you.
Old 06-04-2011, 01:14 AM   #103
V8specialist
Banned

This is turning into a Jerry springer episode!
V8specialist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2011, 11:35 PM   #104
740-iLL
Founder of GTA7's

Quote:
Originally Posted by MGYVER View Post
A quick note to set the record straight for our Targa E30 S50B32 car.

I have been dealing with Charlie and Bimmersport for over 8 years and I have never had any issues with the quality of service or work that has been done. They have completed 2 engine swaps in 2 different cars for me and made extensive modifications to both swapped cars. Many times they have gone above and beyond what I could have expected in a shop. They have ALWAYS been available, attentive, and addressed ANY concerns I have had. They have always gone the extra mile and then some. We would not have been able to compete in Targa Newfoundland without their extensive help and support. Our misfortunes at Targa were due to the harsh realities of rally racing, ie. things break when you drive hard.

Please do not reference us as dissatisfied customers in these posts as we have nothing but praise for Charlie and Bimmersport.

Thank you.
+1 I have been a customer for 6 years and never had any issues with Bimmersport Automotive's workmanship or professionalism in regards to the work done on my vehicle.
Old 08-05-2011, 11:41 AM   #105
biginstreets
bitches love me!

I'm thinking I should get into the PR business. I'd make a killing in this thread.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: