Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > maXimum Tech > Detailing & Care
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 04-02-2009, 09:48 AM   #1
NipponM5
2nd Gear Member

Recommend a Detailer in the GTA

Looking for a good detailer to do my car. I'll travel a bit for someone who know what they're doing. Anybody have any recommendations? I need someone who can get my paint looking good again. I have blemishes I want gonzo!
NipponM5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 01:02 PM   #2
bscarlett
2nd Gear Member

Every Last Detail in First Canadian Place, one of the best in Toronto. They work on my E39 and E53 as well as by buddies M6 and F430. On any given day, they have 2 million in cars being worked on. Give them a call at 416.955.9893

2005 X5 Sterling Grey/Truffle Brown, Premium and Cold Weather Package, DICE iPod Kit, Bluetooth, DSP, Comfort seats, Invision DVD Headrests, Valentine V1 hardwired, TomTom GPS
bscarlett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 01:21 PM   #3
Gamite

Are you talking about the one in the underground garage? I saw them detail my friend's 500C, I wasn't impressed. They left swirls in his paint.

Gamite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 01:49 PM   #4
Wes_R
2nd Gear Member

Ouch, usually I hear good things about them. But most speak of the interior work.
Wes_R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 02:23 PM   #5
DINAN 3
6th Gear Member

Send a message via AIM to DINAN 3
Red face You are looking for.....

www.gtaindetail.com

Kevin (Picus) is one of the best and will provide you with the standard of work that you're looking for.
I'm booked with him in the 2nd week of May.
DINAN 3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 03:05 PM   #6
punnzzells
Banned

Send a message via MSN to punnzzells Send a message via Yahoo to punnzzells
why don't you try one of the sponsor... Wheelz to Wheelz?
punnzzells is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 03:52 PM   #7
Gamite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wes_R View Post
Ouch, usually I hear good things about them. But most speak of the interior work.
I dunno, if it's the same guys, I saw the interior, lets just say my M5 was cleaner than that.

GTAindetail I've heard very good things, haven't seen their work first hand, but I believe he posts on autopia.org (detailling forum)

Old 04-06-2009, 01:26 PM   #8
bscarlett
2nd Gear Member

Yes, they are located in the underground garage in First Canadian Place. I base my opinion on the daily work I see them complete as I park there every day and after watching how they treat a Carrera GT, Bentley Flying Spur and Conti GT, I trust them with may cars.

If you want someone to come to you, Picus is one of the best mobile detailers which is indicative of his very booked schedule.

2005 X5 Sterling Grey/Truffle Brown, Premium and Cold Weather Package, DICE iPod Kit, Bluetooth, DSP, Comfort seats, Invision DVD Headrests, Valentine V1 hardwired, TomTom GPS
bscarlett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2009, 10:45 AM   #9
NipponM5
2nd Gear Member

Thanks all for your recommendations. Maybe this thread will help others in the future, let's keep adding our experiences to it.
NipponM5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2009, 02:20 PM   #10
Gamite

Quote:
Originally Posted by bscarlett View Post
Yes, they are located in the underground garage in First Canadian Place. I base my opinion on the daily work I see them complete as I park there every day and after watching how they treat a Carrera GT, Bentley Flying Spur and Conti GT, I trust them with may cars.

If you want someone to come to you, Picus is one of the best mobile detailers which is indicative of his very booked schedule.
Just because they deal with with exotics, does not make them good. There's a lot of money in that underground garage, and it's just more convenient for their clients.

But my judgement was based on one car, might have been a bad day? I don't know.

Old 04-11-2009, 01:23 PM   #11
skru_fase
Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by DINAN 3 View Post
www.gtaindetail.com

Kevin (Picus) is one of the best and will provide you with the standard of work that you're looking for.
I'm booked with him in the 2nd week of May.
+1. he has worked on a couple of cars for me and my friends. great work. awesome guy. he has worked on some sick cars over the last few yrs...
skru_fase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009, 01:18 PM   #12
DINAN 3
6th Gear Member

Send a message via AIM to DINAN 3
Question Kevin's rates...

Quote:
Originally Posted by skru_fase View Post
+1. he has worked on a couple of cars for me and my friends. great work. awesome guy. he has worked on some sick cars over the last few yrs...
Need your input.....Kevin is charging $60/hr (about $350/car)...any of you managed to negotiate some sort of deal ?
I don't want to go cheap on his ass, as I want the car to turn out nice.
Yet, $60/hr seems like alot of dough.
DINAN 3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009, 08:31 PM   #13
lvan
6th Gear Member

Send a message via MSN to lvan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamite View Post
Just because they deal with with exotics, does not make them good. There's a lot of money in that underground garage, and it's just more convenient for their clients.

But my judgement was based on one car, might have been a bad day? I don't know.

I agree with you. My brother works in Scotia Plaza and I have met some people with exotics. I have come over them just to find that many of them like their cars to get done in somewhat way. Just to do their duty. Some of those live very "fast" life so it explains those actions why they are not to anal on work performed.
lvan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009, 09:08 PM   #14
Wes_R
2nd Gear Member

Quote:
Need your input.....Kevin is charging $60/hr (about $350/car)...any of you managed to negotiate some sort of deal ?
Are you getting a 1 Step polish or Multi Step?
Wes_R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009, 10:27 PM   #15
skru_fase
Lurker

Quote:
if your car isn't in bad shape to begin with, you might be able to get him down in price. my friend and i had light coloured cars, and both with minor swirls so the work wasn't as bad. it depends on how badly he needs work i guess, but considering all of his work is referral, and he seems to be pretty booked up, i don't know how negotiable he will be.

trust me, you will be happy with the work...
skru_fase is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: