Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > Misc > Off-topic
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 02-28-2003, 01:45 PM   #31
mkgino
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Foc us
I think 90% of the people on the road break the law, I understand if they want to slow down guys that's driving at insane speed, but come on......100km/h zero tolorence? Don't you think that's waaaaay too tough? Even trucks on highways do more than that! And try talk about how to hwys are congested these days, they'll make it even worst!

I agree they have to start on ticketing people over certain speed but should have go a bit higher like 20 over or sumthing, for example, if I I want to pass that damn truck right next to me wut should I do? slow down and slow everyone down too? Wut if I've stepped on my gas for 1 sec longer while merging with traffic? They're doing this because they want to be a prick and that's my personal opinion!
Just because 90% of people break the law doesnt make it right.

Listen I speed too, 10km/h is over the speed limit, but if I do ever get a ticket, its MY OWN FAULT, and I will realise that. Here is a for example.

In the summer I was dropping off my buddies girlfriend at residence at my school, and you arent alowed to park there. There were no cars at all in the lot, so I parked and went to her residence (her boyfriend was with us so dont get any nasty ideas). When I came back, a cop wrote me a parking ticket. Whose and I walked up to the car just after he wrote it. Whose fault was it? Mine. It was no big deal, because there were no cars there, but it is still breaking the law, and I paid the consequences.....
Old 02-28-2003, 02:19 PM   #32
tlaselva
1800+ HP Driveway

Send a message via MSN to tlaselva
MK's right.
If you can't do the time, don't do the crime.

If you think the speed limits too low, lobby the politicians to raise it. Not the cops for enforcing the rules their paid to enforce.

If cops give you attitude when you get pulled over, don't wine about it. Be proactive. Look at why.
Yes, maybe the cop is having a shitty day. Maybe he just attended a car fatality by some ricer (most of them have been to a few), and he just saw you pull some stunt. There are multitudes of reasons why, which are beyond your control. But you do have control on how you interact with the cop. I've been pulled over numerous times, but it's been 6 years since I've been ticketed. (knock on wood)
Try this. BE NICE.
Remember, the cop has all the power. Give him any hint of attitude, and he'll $hove it so far up your a$$ you won't know what hit you. Cops usually have to deal with Aholes all day, so itís human nature when they approach you with attitude. Interact with the cop properly, and I found you'd be surprised how they'll do a 180 with their attitude. Always worked for me.

Oh, and if some of you think that they have an easy job, think again. Of all three emergency services, police, ambulance and fire, the police by far is the worst. The BS they have to put up with is stifling.

2010 Dodge Ram Hemi Sport

2010 GSX-R 750

2003 C5 Z06
LS7 427CI w/ECS Novi 2000 : Caravaggio Widebody and Full Leather & Alcantra Interior
903rwhp/815rwtq : 10.3@152mph
tlaselva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2003, 06:42 PM   #33
slemmer
Driving in the fast lane

They probably need more money for their Summer and Xmas parties this year...
slemmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2003, 03:07 PM   #34
tlaselva
1800+ HP Driveway

Send a message via MSN to tlaselva
Last night, at about 7:00 pm, I drove downtown from Brampton.

I passed two unmarked cruizers with a car that it had an unlucky customer pulled over, and 1 trap.

Watch your speed everyone. The cops are serious during this crack-down.

2010 Dodge Ram Hemi Sport

2010 GSX-R 750

2003 C5 Z06
LS7 427CI w/ECS Novi 2000 : Caravaggio Widebody and Full Leather & Alcantra Interior
903rwhp/815rwtq : 10.3@152mph
tlaselva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2003, 10:21 PM   #35
slemmer
Driving in the fast lane

And here I thought it was another catch-up in their quotas for month end.
Old 03-01-2003, 10:40 PM   #36
330DTM
Cinematographer

Send a message via ICQ to 330DTM Send a message via MSN to 330DTM
Quote:
Originally posted by Foc us
for example, if I I want to pass that damn truck right next to me wut should I do? slow down and slow everyone down too? Wut if I've stepped on my gas for 1 sec longer while merging with traffic? They're doing this because they want to be a prick and that's my personal opinion!
I totally agree with you on this one.
Driving at the speed limit isn't always the safest way.

Say the person up ahead of you keeps on braking because they can't judge distance. Are you going to follow them and having you to use the brakes too, if they keep braking such that you have to brake? Or are you going to slow down, thus slowing down traffic behind you just to get away from this sucker?
That is to say if you had to pass this person you'd be going over 100km/h.

Although the article did say more cops will be on patrol and that some of you said you've continued to speed and have yet to be caught, that's because you just happen to be in the right place at the right time. It's just luck and maybe next time you won't be so lucky.

Mkgino, can you help me choose some numbers for the lotto 649?
:madnoel:
Old 03-01-2003, 11:03 PM   #37
mkgino
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally posted by 328DTM
I totally agree with you on this one.
Driving at the speed limit isn't always the safest way.

Say the person up ahead of you keeps on braking because they can't judge distance. Are you going to follow them and having you to use the brakes too, if they keep braking such that you have to brake? Or are you going to slow down, thus slowing down traffic behind you just to get away from this sucker?
That is to say if you had to pass this person you'd be going over 100km/h.

Although the article did say more cops will be on patrol and that some of you said you've continued to speed and have yet to be caught, that's because you just happen to be in the right place at the right time. It's just luck and maybe next time you won't be so lucky.

Mkgino, can you help me choose some numbers for the lotto 649?
:madnoel:
lol, I am sure a cop is trained to see the difference between speeding up for a lane change and just plain speeding.

Listen to this story about my luck. I was getting onto the 427 north from the 401 and I was in a good mood and decided on the onramp to hit the throttle, so I do so and then when on the 427 I merge to the far left lane. At this time I was doing about 155 km/h and I look and see about 4 cop cars and a speed trap set up on the grass next to the left lane!!!!! I was going too fast to slow down and I swear the gun was pointed right at me. I was so close to the trap that I could see the officers expression on his face!!!!! So I then slowed down to 100, but no one chased me down. I couldnt believe I got away from it. So now I dont speed no mo'
Old 03-01-2003, 11:54 PM   #38
M3ti Compact
Fuel Efficient 318 Member

Anyone with a brain will tell you...that speed is not dangerous, it is the DIFFERENCE OF SPEED that is. How often did you get some jerk pull in front in your lane, forcing you to brake hard, and get pissed, then under-take them (British term, for passing on the inside)...then you are angry and aggressive for the remainder of you trip? This 100km/h plan is going to backfire on them.
Secondly, if you start pulling people over doing 105, then you are wasting your time writing up this dude, 10 other cars zoom by, in a huge group, doing 140-150km/h.

And lets all remember the reason why speed limits were created? To conserve gas- and it was to be abolished when the crisis was over. It had nothing to do with safety orginally. But then they realized...hey, we're making a killing in fines...um...speed limits are for...safety purposes. There is a point in speed limits for like, school zones and city...but 100km/h for the highway is just too low.

This is a cash grab, anyone who knows the history behind speed limits, know the true meaning behind them.
Old 03-02-2003, 03:48 PM   #39
NickP

Quote:
Originally posted by M3ti Compact
Anyone with a brain will tell you...that speed is not dangerous, it is the DIFFERENCE OF SPEED that is. How often did you get some jerk pull in front in your lane, forcing you to brake hard, and get pissed, then under-take them (British term, for passing on the inside)...then you are angry and aggressive for the remainder of you trip? This 100km/h plan is going to backfire on them.
Secondly, if you start pulling people over doing 105, then you are wasting your time writing up this dude, 10 other cars zoom by, in a huge group, doing 140-150km/h.

And lets all remember the reason why speed limits were created? To conserve gas- and it was to be abolished when the crisis was over. It had nothing to do with safety orginally. But then they realized...hey, we're making a killing in fines...um...speed limits are for...safety purposes. There is a point in speed limits for like, school zones and city...but 100km/h for the highway is just too low.

This is a cash grab, anyone who knows the history behind speed limits, know the true meaning behind them.
M3Ti Compact for police chief

Saturday there was a big time presence on the 401, Port Credit OPP east of the 427... Saw about 4 OPP cruisers between Keele and Carlingview on the Westbound 401. I doubt it'll last beyond a week or two.
NickP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2003, 04:26 PM   #40
bart320i
6th Gear Member

guys i just got pulled for doing 109kph on the 403 coming home from work. I was the only car around so I was singled out. The cop let me off with a warning. It was going to be a $110. Thank god he let me off cause I would of raised hell in court.
Old 03-02-2003, 04:39 PM   #41
koncise
all you need is one mike

Send a message via MSN to koncise
Quote:
Originally posted by bart320i
guys i just got pulled for doing 109kph on the 403 coming home from work. I was the only car around so I was singled out. The cop let me off with a warning. It was going to be a $110. Thank god he let me off cause I would of raised hell in court.
That's bullshit, man... I'm glad he let you off. But still, useless shit like that just makes people late for work/class/whatever.
Old 03-02-2003, 11:43 PM   #42
niko_gt
6th Gear Member

OPP is all over the place on the QEW, pulling over as many ppl as they can, i think this "CRACKDOWN" is ridiculous. going 120 is not a crime. if i get a ticket goin 120 and i was following the flow of traffic im not gonna be too happy.

i've been forced to slow down and chill.
its usually during the day theres more cops, i dont see as many OPP cruisers on the highway after dark doing radar.
Old 03-03-2003, 12:22 AM   #43
slemmer
Driving in the fast lane

There's probably less of them on the weekends too.
Old 03-03-2003, 12:27 AM   #44
M50E30
www.bmwclub.ca

Well it seems like coppers (marked and unmarked) are crawling all over the place! Even down here in the Niagara region. So I can guarantee that it is going to be a bad SLOW summer on the highways.

Old 03-03-2003, 01:45 AM   #45
M-ATTACK
Vroom vroom

theres no way i can stay at 100 km constantly, im to tempted to downshift
M-ATTACK is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: