Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > maXimum Tech > Detailing & Care
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 03-27-2009, 06:24 PM   #1
MVPIRES
RESTART

Convertible top cleaner

What can I use to clean my convertible top?
MVPIRES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2009, 07:56 PM   #2
ImolaZHP
3rd Gear Member

i've heard good things about raggtopp products. you can get them from www.eshine.ca (based in ontario)
ImolaZHP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2009, 05:40 AM   #3
TOGWT
1st Gear Newbie

The waterproof protection you get from a convertible top comes from the butyl rubber core sandwiched between the outer canvas and the inner pre-shrunk cotton layer. An applied protection only renders the fabric water resistant.

Rode & Schwalenbert Gmbn. (Germany) the world leading manufacturer of automobile convertible tops exclusively recommends Harrtz RaggTop Cleaners and Protectant. Developed specifically for cleaning, re-proofing and preserving convertible tops, these cleaning kits consist of two products:

1.Cleaner to remove soiling, stains and atmospheric pollution for both natural and synthetic materials. The best cleaners are formulated from low-pH (low alkalinity) and gentle enough for repeated use over years. They will rely on proteins and enzymes for their safe, but effective, cleaning power.

2.Fabric protector to re-proof and preserve fabric tops from the effects of water absorption, surface soiling and staining, and provide a sunscreen from UV radiation and subsequent fading. It has the best UV protection of any product on the market, and it repels dirt, grease, and oil. It doesn’t make your vinyl top glossy or greasy-looking. It will have the natural matte sheen of new vinyl.

Alternative product- this is the fabric protector recommended by Glen Raven Mills (Sunbrella) and the Haartz Corporation, 303™ High Tech Fabric Guard restores lost water repellence and stain repellence to factory new levels. It stops leaks, resists soiling and impedes mildew formation and helps protect against the sun's harmful UV rays.

For more information see article “Convertible Top Detailing ” in the Detailing School section of Detailing Bliss forum...
TOGWT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2009, 07:36 AM   #4
Ceeker
Parts hoarding partner...

You can also visit BMW dealership; they have a top cleaner and protective.
Believe it or not it's called top Impregnator....(Grin) but from what I read above I think that stuff sounds pretty amazing.
Ceeker is online now   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: