Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > maXimum Tech > 3 Series > E36 (1991 - 1999)
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 03-27-2009, 04:25 PM   #1
4BDN_328IS
1st Gear Newbie

Air Conditioning

Hey guys! its spring again which means my car is coming out of storage. That being said I wanted to ask a question about my A/C. My A/C blows out cool air (cood enough to be comfy in summer) but is there anyway to make it colder? i noticed when its dry heat, the cabin temp fine, but when its hella humid out its not as cool as i want it to be inside. Do you think my A/C needs servicing, I've riden in my cousins e36 M3 in Las Vegas, and his A/C was freezing. Any opinions or advice is welcomed!
Old 03-27-2009, 04:49 PM   #2
Ceeker
Parts hoarding partner...

yes, it only seems colder because you are in Las Vegas; remember your body acclimatizes with the change of seasons. You also have a cabin temp sensor to let the a/c system know how hot or cold the interior is to adequately cool the car. This is called climate control. However, sometimes the system may be low and you don't although it does cool it isn't ice cold. There is only one system which I found that is totally awesome and can't figure out why bmw has not followed. VW's... Sahara heat, and arctic cold.
Ceeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2009, 04:57 PM   #3
4BDN_328IS
1st Gear Newbie

I agree, the temperature difference between here and vegas is a bit extreme, and any cold air in that area would feel like the north pole lol... but what i might do is take the temperature reading in my car during a hot day (with the a/c on of course) and see if it matches the temperature setting i have on my climate control. If it matches then awesome, but if the cabin is warmer then what i have set on my climate control then it maybe my cabin temp sensor is off! regardless thanks for the tip =)

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: