Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > maXimum Tech > 3 Series > E36 (1991 - 1999)
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 03-22-2009, 02:51 AM   #1
MethodMan97
2nd Gear Member

Thumbs up Best tires

ok i was wondering for tires where is the best place to buy brand new all season 15 inch tires?.... looking for quality but at a reasonable price...( do not want to spend 300 per tire)
MethodMan97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2009, 10:32 PM   #2
BeeemerMan
1st Gear Newbie

OK, I have a '98 328i (E36) and an '02 325i (E46). I have purchased a set of 15" (Falken ZE-912) for the E36 that cost me $400 installed and balanced. They are good tires for the money, but they are not for winter! Couple of weeks ago, I installed a set of 16" (Michelin Primacy MXV4) for the E46 and they are great tires. They have a 100K KM warrenty and are rated as All-season tires. The Michelins are more expensive ($700 for the set), but I read very good reviews about them. They are rated the BEST on www.tirerack.com. Hope that helps.
BeeemerMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2009, 11:10 PM   #3
Davis
2nd Gear Member

best tires

I purchased the Michelan from Tirerack and I still saved $$ even with the us/can conversion, shipping and duty. - 3 days from order to my front door
REALLY happy with the Sport AS - good in most Canadian weather (underscore most) - nothing beats snows when the weather sucks!

Davis
Davis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2009, 11:47 AM   #4
M3ti Compact
Fuel Efficient 318 Member

I've got Michelin Pilot XGTV4's from Costco, expensive, but worth it. These things have so much grip I have yet to "overdrive" them on the street. Quiet and discreet looking too.

and BTW, there is a difference between the Michelin XGTV4 and the PILOT XGTV4. Get the Pilot's. The regular ones are crappy (OEM Honda).
Old 03-30-2009, 12:02 AM   #5
6appeal
3rd Gear Member

I hear that General are the best VALUE tire. They last a good amount of time, they don't make noise, they don't wear fast, etc... I'm looking to get two 255/40/17 and two 225/45/17 for my staggered DSII's and it works out to $392.00US (excl. shipping ~$50) off of tirerack. So I would imagine they would be cheaper to get 15 inch tires.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: