Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > maXimum Tech > 5 series
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 03-14-2009, 03:06 PM   #1
tlinkletter
2nd Gear Member

E39 Wheel Sensor

Had a fault code for a wheel sensor on the front of my E39i. Replaced the sensor and I'm still getting the abs lights etc on the dash. Do you need to connect and erase the codes or should they have gone away when the new part was put on?
tlinkletter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2009, 04:44 PM   #2
dodoamore
1st Gear Newbie

As this is a very common problem, have you crossed off the following:
1) ABS Module: symptom vary, but more common are abs light to go on, trans-fail safety mode, speedometer, cruise-control, not working ect, (google is your friend on this topic)
2) Fuses:
3) How did you diagnose the front speed sensor? symptom? there was a forum member/article that was able to diagnose the corrupt one via a digital multimeter.

Would love if you could keep us posted,

I've had my abs module rebuilt, since I was experiencing the trans-fail safety code and all abs lights., The problem was fixed, but I still have the abs lights on. I also had a blown fuse, tried to replace it but continues to blow., not sure what the problem is., hopefully its just one of the sensors, but right now driving without abs isn't an issue for me.,
dodoamore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2009, 10:14 AM   #3
tlinkletter
2nd Gear Member

Well originally the codes poped up when I had a blow out on my rear tire. Figured the car just went in to limp mode so took it to the local Euro shop to get the codes taken away. When I did the front drivers side wheel sensor code whould not go away. The mechanic took a quick look said he didn't see anything wrong with the sensor physically but I could try replacing it since it was the cheaper out of the parts. When I did replace it I found that on the old one the wires were broken so it definatly needed replacing. Now that the new one is on my lights have not changed etc so I'm either assuming that I have to go back to the dealer to make the codes go away or my ABS module is busted.
Old 03-21-2009, 12:33 AM   #4
tlinkletter
2nd Gear Member

Took the car to the local import fellow and he found that my Gear Sensor on the tranny was shot so replaced that. Nothing changed. Took to the stealership and they determined that it was actually the wheel sensor causing the problem. They put in a new OE bmw sensor, reset the codes and everything seems to be working A-ok now. Hopefully it stays that way.
Old 03-28-2009, 06:37 PM   #5
parm
Scarboro Mazda S&L

Same thing on my car dash lights on same as mentioned, checked all sensors found rusted connection at pass. side front wheel abs sensor , i just cut and reconnected until i get around to pick up a sensor all light cleared on dash. Got what to do from bimmerfourms, I must say. I saved myself approx $350 plus tax. Maby more.

http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum.../t-600452.html
parm is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: