Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > maXimum Tech > 5 series
User Name
Password


Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 03-12-2009, 08:41 AM   #1
georgost
2nd Gear Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Toronto
Posts: 125
Black kidney grills

Hey guys, anyone know where I can find a set of black grill for my '03 locally.
I knwo I can buy off ebay, but woudl liek to see something comprable locally.

For those who have them, please let me know where you got yours from (if from ebay, which seller did you use).

Thanks
georgost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2009, 07:42 AM   #2
porksoda
2nd Gear Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Toronto
Posts: 222
Quote:
Originally Posted by georgost View Post
Hey guys, anyone know where I can find a set of black grill for my '03 locally.
I knwo I can buy off ebay, but woudl liek to see something comprable locally.

For those who have them, please let me know where you got yours from (if from ebay, which seller did you use).

Thanks
I would recommend you remove the grills.. and use plastidip spray.. it would probably cost you 10-15 bucks max.

Also if you didn't like it you can remove it later... lot of people have been using plasti-dip with success.

here are some pics. (someone elses car)





Last edited by porksoda; 03-13-2009 at 08:02 AM.
porksoda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2009, 07:53 AM   #3
g-unit
Pilipino ako
 
g-unit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Mississauga
Posts: 142
where to get this plastidip here in TO?
home depot? Can Tire?

that silver bimmier wagon looks good.
__________________
  • 2002 e39 MTECH
  • 18" AR1's
  • Magnaflow 14850
  • Tint
  • Ice - Alpine
g-unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2009, 08:53 AM   #4
porksoda
2nd Gear Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Toronto
Posts: 222
Quote:
Originally Posted by g-unit View Post
where to get this plastidip here in TO?
home depot? Can Tire?

that silver bimmier wagon looks good.
I personally have not seen the spray anywhere i have bought the can of it at rona before.

At the same time ONLY buy the spray... give plastidip a call to see where they sell it .. maybe partsource im not 100%.
porksoda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2009, 08:56 AM   #5
georgost
2nd Gear Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Toronto
Posts: 125
Some Home Hardware stores carry it (it's on their website)
georgost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2009, 12:07 AM   #6
TNation
Banned
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Toronto/Calgary
Posts: 1,908
Porksoda, beautiful 5 series! looks gorgeous!
TNation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2009, 12:26 AM   #7
porksoda
2nd Gear Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Toronto
Posts: 222
Quote:
Originally Posted by TNation View Post
Porksoda, beautiful 5 series! looks gorgeous!
heh sorry that's not mine (borrowed pics from another forum)...

here is mine

porksoda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2009, 12:27 AM   #8
TNation
Banned
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Toronto/Calgary
Posts: 1,908
I like that even better!!! that is sexy! You'd better have actual xenons in your angeleyes though
TNation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2009, 12:56 AM   #9
ImolaZHP
3rd Gear Member
 
ImolaZHP's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Mississauga
Posts: 521
hey porksoda,

do you think plastidip will withstand stone chips better than just regular paint.

also do you need to prime it beforehand?
ImolaZHP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2009, 08:26 AM   #10
porksoda
2nd Gear Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Toronto
Posts: 222
Quote:
I like that even better!!! that is sexy! You'd better have actual xenons in your angeleyes though
Yes i have xenons i rarely turn them on in the city though... fogs + angels is what are usually on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImolaZHP View Post
hey porksoda,

do you think plastidip will withstand stone chips better than just regular paint.

also do you need to prime it beforehand?
from what i hear they do very well with stonechips as its actually rubber/plastic that leaves a tactile surface (softish).

If you are doing the kidneys i would just clean them with rubbing alcohol or something that does not leave residue and then spray it on when its dry and clean.

Make sure to remove the part before doing it or you will get tiny tiny splatter on the body and it would be touch to peel it off.

Speaking of peeling off... if you do not like it you can just peel it right off.
porksoda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2009, 04:45 PM   #11
ImolaZHP
3rd Gear Member
 
ImolaZHP's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Mississauga
Posts: 521
Quote:
Originally Posted by porksoda View Post
from what i hear they do very well with stonechips as its actually rubber/plastic that leaves a tactile surface (softish).

If you are doing the kidneys i would just clean them with rubbing alcohol or something that does not leave residue and then spray it on when its dry and clean.

Make sure to remove the part before doing it or you will get tiny tiny splatter on the body and it would be touch to peel it off.

Speaking of peeling off... if you do not like it you can just peel it right off.

thanks for the help!
ImolaZHP is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:40 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Maxbimmer Copyright 2001 - 2014