Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > General > General Discussion
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 03-11-2009, 01:59 PM   #1
JohnnyBlaze
2nd Gear Member

Lease Transfer Question

If anyone on here work at the BMW dealership, please help out. My sister is on my Lease as a co-sign and i want to take her off the lease. What has to be done?

Thank you,
Old 03-11-2009, 03:27 PM   #2
slemmer
Driving in the fast lane

Is that legally doable? The lease was based on those conditions for a guarantor.

'04 645cic
'05 GMC Sierra SLT Z71 CCSB 4x4
'00 740i Sport
slemmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 03:41 PM   #3
T.Dot_E30
Classifieds Moderator

Are you sure you would even qualify for a lease on your own? Most likely if you had a co-signer that means you didn't qualify on your own.

Call your dealer, speak to them.
Old 03-11-2009, 07:51 PM   #4
JohnnyBlaze
2nd Gear Member

i have a co-signer bcuz the dealer told me that my credit was fresh and not used, still confused. So the dealer asked me to get a co-signer, and my sister helped me out. I talked to BMW Canada about this and they told me if my payments and work history is fine i can take the co-signer off and they have an admin fee of $500. Now i want to go to the right dealer to deal with this. I hate the sales rep. i had and don't want to go see him or talk to him regarding this. Please let me know a good person i can deal with if anyone knows.
Thanks
Old 03-11-2009, 08:03 PM   #5
damameke
6th Gear Member

Ok..initially when you leased your car your credit score is not high enuf .. therefore
you need a co-signer.

The question now is.. why do you want to spend $500 to get her off yr lease?;if your payment is good. it shoud not affect yr sis's credit rating...
damameke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 08:09 PM   #6
Qube
5th Gear Member

Why do you want to take her off it? Sibling fallout?

Unless you're worried you can't pay and will affect her credit, go with it.

Qube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 08:56 PM   #7
preet006
2nd Gear Member

I'm pretty sure you would have to re-apply as a new lessee. I really wouldn't advise you to do this for many reasons. The main reason is if you didn't have sufficient credit before to lease the vehicle then i doubt during the course of the lease your credit improved so much that you would be able to put the vehicle under your name. It also depends on the amount outstanding. But in reality if you already have the car why on earth would you want to mess up your credit by putting it under your name. every time you apply for a credit check its a knock off your credit rating, I'm just saying is it really worth the hassle?
preet006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 04:20 AM   #8
JohnnyBlaze
2nd Gear Member

i have to do this bcuz my sister wants to get a new house and open a new business. This is affecting her bcuz she's got a few properties, suv and my lease under her name.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: