Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > Misc > Off-topic
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 03-10-2009, 10:37 AM   #1
TNation
Banned

Guantanamo Detainees Say They Planned 9-11 Attacks

The five detainees at Guantanamo Bay charged with plotting the September 11, 2001 attacks have filed a document accepting responsibility for the deaths of nearly 3,000 people and expressing pride at their accomplishment, The New York Times reported late Monday.

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/03/10/us/10gitmo.html?_r=1

This is huge news though in the US, it's all over CNN and Fox, because so many people think Guantanmo was just a cover for 'torture'
so to actually have evidence that the terrorists there are truly conspiring to kill innocent American civilians is a big deal. Obama shutting it down is just stupid, terrible choice.
TNation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009, 10:42 AM   #2
SickFinga

You do realize that if you were tortured you would admit to everything prison guards wanted you to admit to. That's the whole reason why torture doesn't work.
SickFinga is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009, 10:46 AM   #3
TNation
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by SickFinga View Post
You do realize that if you were tortured you would admit to everything prison guards wanted you to admit to. That's the whole reason why torture doesn't work.
wrong.
http://www.usatoday.com/news/washing...o-day-usat.htm
Conversations intercepted the day before Sept. 11 caught al-Qaeda operatives boasting in Arabic, "The match begins tomorrow" and "Tomorrow is Zero Hour." But U.S. intelligence didn't translate them until Sept. 12, congressional and administration sources disclosed Wednesday.

Torture is needed when necessary to protect the sovereignty and security of the state.
Old 03-10-2009, 10:56 AM   #4
Jamil
2nd Gear Member

Leaving aside the problem with confessions extracted using torture and given in secret military tribunals how is this huge news? The Pentagon already said KSM confessed back in 2007.
http://www.nytimes.com/2007/03/15/us/15gitmo.html

Welcome to two years ago.
Jamil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009, 11:01 AM   #5
simplycars
6th Gear Member

they confessed before even confessing
torture is never ok - there is no justification for that
Old 03-10-2009, 11:02 AM   #6
Axxe
Over 9 F**KING THOUSAND!!

Cockmeat sandwich.

S52|ZF|TRM Coilovers 670/895|Staggered 18" 5's
Axxe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009, 11:03 AM   #7
TNation
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamil View Post
Leaving aside the problem with confessions extracted using torture and given in secret military tribunals how is this huge news? The Pentagon already said KSM confessed back in 2007.
http://www.nytimes.com/2007/03/15/us/15gitmo.html

Welcome to two years ago.
it never happened though, sorry to say.
9/11 victims have never heard a full responsibility from who exactly killed their loved ones. They have heard it today, 5 men took responsibility. Worse, they claimed that they are proud of what they have done.
I hope they all rot in hell, **** them.
Old 03-10-2009, 11:15 AM   #8
Fel
Not Banned

Stop posting NY Times article links. Post the article here, or don't.

And torture achieves nothing. Saying "look they admitted it, it works" proves nothing. Information attained through torture isn't valid. If I were being tortured, I would say whatever they wanted me to say to make it stop.

And if the 9/11 attacks really needed any resolution, the US government should have focused on resolving it... instead of, oh I don't know, starting an oil war elsewhere and conveniently shuffling the whole Afghan thing under the carpet for now.

Good riddance Guantanamo... you are a stain on human history that will not be missed.
Old 03-10-2009, 11:15 AM   #9
Jamil
2nd Gear Member

In March 2007, Mohammed testified before a closed-door hearing in Guantánamo Bay. According to transcripts of the hearing released by the Pentagon, he said "I was responsible for the 9/11 operation, from A to Z."

That means he already "confessed" (if you believe everything the Pentagon tells you) in 2007. Thank you for this unnecessary thread.
Jamil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009, 11:22 AM   #10
TNation
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamil View Post
In March 2007, Mohammed testified before a closed-door hearing in Guantánamo Bay. According to transcripts of the hearing released by the Pentagon, he said "I was responsible for the 9/11 operation, from A to Z."

That means he already "confessed" (if you believe everything the Pentagon tells you) in 2007. Thank you for this unnecessary thread.
correct. However, paperwork, filing, and the official statement is new.
if you read the article it said "Some of the men had said earlier that they planned the 2001 attacks and that they wanted to be martyrs. The reason for the new filing, which the report said reached the military court on March 5, was not clear. The brief court order describing the filing said the men sought no legal action."
Old 03-10-2009, 11:26 AM   #11
TNation
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fel View Post
Stop posting NY Times article links. Post the article here, or don't.

And torture achieves nothing. Saying "look they admitted it, it works" proves nothing. Information attained through torture isn't valid. If I were being tortured, I would say whatever they wanted me to say to make it stop.

And if the 9/11 attacks really needed any resolution, the US government should have focused on resolving it... instead of, oh I don't know, starting an oil war elsewhere and conveniently shuffling the whole Afghan thing under the carpet for now.

Good riddance Guantanamo... you are a stain on human history that will not be missed.
oh so what are you saying, those who admit to terrorism and to kill others shouldn't be tortured? They're just innocent little Arabs? Very naive.

Last edited by TNation; 03-10-2009 at 11:30 AM.
Old 03-10-2009, 11:37 AM   #12
Castel
4th Gear Member

sounds like TNation should stay in the VIP and out of political discussion. Jamil was spot on. Perhaps you should turn off CNN and FOX?
Castel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009, 11:51 AM   #13
SickFinga

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNation View Post
Torture is needed when necessary to protect the sovereignty and security of the state.

facepalm.jpg

Quote:
it never happened though, sorry to say.
9/11 victims have never heard a full responsibility from who exactly killed their loved ones. They have heard it today, 5 men took responsibility. Worse, they claimed that they are proud of what they have done.
I hope they all rot in hell, **** them.
Osama took responsibility over 7 years ago. And why are you surprised that they are proud?

Quote:
oh so what are you saying, those who admit to terrorism and to kill others shouldn't be tortured? They're just innocent little Arabs? Very naive.
facepalm2.jpg
SickFinga is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009, 12:04 PM   #14
TNation
Banned

rofllllllllll ^
Old 03-10-2009, 12:17 PM   #15
craigIS
A.K.A. crossfire291

Send a message via MSN to craigIS
Osama did it. this was established 7 years ago. whether he planned it totally or not.

TNation - i realize your just trying to be informative, but its almost like your trying to force what you have read or watched on other ppl.

torture does nothing. if you or i were being tortured to confess to something that we didnt do, and this happened every day for a year or two, or more.... i think we would both confess, just so the torture would stop. the guards probably tell the ppl who they are tortureing, that "this can all go away if you confess, tell us the truth". the ppl being tortured would also probably come to believe that they did what they are told the did. torture doesnt work.

flickr
craigIS is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: