Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > Misc > Off-topic
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 02-26-2009, 01:24 PM   #1
bmdbley'sBro
wouldu like some tinfoil?

Exclamation Gov targets gang crime -Mandatory terms on agenda

-

worry! especially if you're not in a gangwhy?
cause last time this was all mentioned the toris wanted to make laws like:

possesion of 2gm's of weed would require you to do 2years in Prison.
pretty severe proposals considering its 2009 and the facts are out there (on weed)
you'd have to be mentally retarded, a religous finatic or wanna b dictator
to think passing that would help.

http://www.montrealgazette.com/news/...063/story.html

it has not worked for America & you've read some of the mexico stuff i've posted.
mexico is very unstable - too much money corrupting, cause people want their dope!

commentary on it
Quote:
B .C.'s law and order ministers took off to Ottawa yesterday on an emergency mission to fight gang violence, just before Prime Minister Stephen Harper jets from Ottawa to Vancouver today on exactly the same mission.

Could there be a more perfect example of the trouble governments have when gang violence reaches the point where political action is needed?

But there's another good example of how much trouble politicians have dealing with this problem. It's the ongoing debate in the legislature about what to do about the wave of killings.

It's been a series of shallow, superficial exchanges and sniping, not unlike the drive-by shootings that prompted the arguments in the first place.

The New Democrats have blamed the Liberals for the gunplay. The Liberals say there was lots of shooting when the NDP was in power.

New Democrats point to a three-year fiscal plan indicating public safety budget cuts. Liberals say they're in the middle of bulking up the police response in a big way.

They have spent days counting cops and comparing force levels, while several more people have been gunned down.

Two words for both sides: Get real.

It would be enormously refreshing to see them drop all the partisan point-scoring and take a cold, hard look at the causes behind all the shootings. The debate so far is like watching an argument over how to apply first aid on the battlefield. What about ending the war?

It would be good to see someone address this idea. Gangs are not the problem. Gangs are a normal and expected outgrowth whenever an enormously profitable illicit market is created and allowed to flourish.
I'm open to the argument that gangs have actually regulated and imposed some order on B.C.'s booming drug trade. If the multibillion-dollar dope trade that runs through every facet of society was in the hands of thousands of criminal entrepreneurs, we would have descended into anarchy years ago.

It's the gangs that have made the whole system work properly, at least from the criminal point of view. By way of threat, the gangs divvy up an entire illegal economy, enforce the flow charts, impose a pecking order and keep the system running smoothly.

The immediate problem in Metro Vancouver is that the system is out of whack. Something is out of balance. Price fluctuations or power shifts are creating friction that's resulted in all the cold-blooded murders in the last few months.

But blaming the gangs for the killings is like blaming your local credit union or chamber of commerce for the economic meltdown. Systemically speaking, it's not their fault. They are geared to work toward stability, not chaos.

Same with the gangs. The leaders probably don't enjoy the murder spree any more than we do.

I would listen with rapt attention if someone started talking about the fundamental problems underneath the recent gang spats. Those include an incredibly attractive lifestyle that beckons a sizable number of young men who have parked their sense of right and wrong.

It's all based on unimaginably large sums of drug money sloshing around the province. And all that profit is based on a completely artificial distinction society made generations ago between legal drugs and illegal drugs.

The source of all that profit is the most uncomfortable point of all. It's us. The criminal gangs are feeding off mainstream society's insatiable appetite for drugs.

It's an awkward, uncomfortable argument that would put any politician who tackles it at great risk. And it leads toward decriminalization as one means of erasing the profit that seems to be at the root of it all, which is even touchier. Much easier to talk tough, promise more "crackdowns" and pretend that police agencies have some kind of grip on this situation.

B.C.'s ministers will fly back home issuing news releases saying they're satisfied with their meetings. The prime minister will stage some event and promise some hardline tinkering with the Criminal Code.

But let's not pretend we're anywhere near the root of the problem. We aren't.

http://www.timescolonist.com/news/Po...497/story.html
Old 02-26-2009, 01:41 PM   #2
chromius
6th Gear Member

Good on em. It's a step in the right direction as far as I'm concerned. They need to get even tougher though.

As a citizen, a taxpayer, and member of society, I don't give a rats ass what the root of the problem is. My only concern is that these murdering douchbags are off the street for as long as is possible so that they don't interfere with my life.

Next step is to make prisons more of a deterrent. No fuc*ing cable TV, no free time, no libraries. Stick em in a hole to rot. beat them, take away their rights, whatever. If they know that shit's gonna happen and they still choose to commit the crime, then they deserve to be there.

I'm sick of all this shit, that it's somehow the "system's" fault, or societies fault that these people decide to kill. Screw that, they chose the life, they can live with the consequences. Just get em off my street.
Old 02-26-2009, 02:27 PM   #3
TNation
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by chromius View Post
Good on em. It's a step in the right direction as far as I'm concerned. They need to get even tougher though.

As a citizen, a taxpayer, and member of society, I don't give a rats ass what the root of the problem is. My only concern is that these murdering douchbags are off the street for as long as is possible so that they don't interfere with my life.

Next step is to make prisons more of a deterrent. No fuc*ing cable TV, no free time, no libraries. Stick em in a hole to rot. beat them, take away their rights, whatever. If they know that shit's gonna happen and they still choose to commit the crime, then they deserve to be there.

I'm sick of all this shit, that it's somehow the "system's" fault, or societies fault that these people decide to kill. Screw that, they chose the life, they can live with the consequences. Just get em off my street.
10 4! I totally agree. Get these gangs off the street, tougher penalties. Good on the Canadian government!
TNation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2009, 02:40 PM   #4
propr'one
op sucks cock

Send a message via MSN to propr'one
Quote:

As with everything else, if we wait for the government to do something about it, it will take 6 years, cost 29 billion dollars, and wont offer any kind of serious solution.

I offer an alternative:

Hot: 2001 Estoril M RoadsterZCP 19's michelin supersports, ZHP knob, JL 8W3
Cold: 2002 TiAg M3 6mt ZCP 19's michelin supersports, deoranged, dechromed, led tails, ZHP knob, UUC SS v3, GROM, OEM 18's w310's,
fun: 2006 YZF-R6, black
propr'one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2009, 02:43 PM   #5
Trouble65
6th Gear Member

Quote:

I totaly agree!
Trouble65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2009, 02:52 PM   #6
bmdbley'sBro

Quote:

wow you have very hardlined stance on the subject or multiple facit of subjects.

curious and serious: have gangs in ottawa interfered with your life, personally?

i mean i think gangs are b.s..we don't need that ish & it seems like a newish phenomenon to the area
as there were no gangs in ott & area growing up, that i recall.

I can say Gangs have personally effected me!
walking into a store to buy smokes at 2am in the westend ended up in a scrap with 3 guys,
with 7 more waiting to jump in. im thankful im here, im thankful i fought ok & did not fall.
cause im pretty sure they woulda stomped all my teeth out. yeah coulda got deaded or fk'd just trying to buy 2 packs of cigs, after a nice bike ride one summer night. not the ottawa i grew up with^ was safer back in the day.

1 wonders why with all the street robberies (attempt on me) & crime beck then
how a group of guys were able to successfully loiter on the same corner for over a year 24/7 ,all night?
How? maybe the 20+ new 'traffic' cops were busy pulling people like us over in our nice cars, trying to write mufler tickets & shit yeah thugs dont drive much, they're broke thats why they b thugs.

I remember asking the detective about how can they b there all day, night
after i finally got to see him, yeah was calling him for 3weeks, he really didn't care.
he seemed more interested in why i was there in 'that neighborhood'. i told him it was cause my gf lived across the way & 'that neighborhood' has some nice $500K + houses at Brittania, so wtf (cops)?
I could write about the joke court was, the weak charges against the 1 guy they caught. how the prosecutor wanted to not even bother 5mins before the trail.

& i still am not for new laws, cause chances are it will just be some freedom stealing B.S.

Quote:
if i didn't know u i'd think u were trolling! seriously, no seriously!? hey maybe the govs of china, iran or etc need info analists. their theocracies may be more in line with your 'new' views?

Historical Facts & studies are out there: treating inmates like animals creates Animals.
they then get released into the public at some point.

the u.s has 1 out of every 100 adults in prison most for non violent (key word) drug offences. more then even russia or china. its been going since the 70's and they're not wining!

and we havn't even gotten into seizure laws, corruption & the wrongly accused.
http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=e66_1235571823

Quote:
if you're 'social engineered' to be an animal then society shouldn't be upset with the results.
every week you'll read about some new child pron arrest or daytime sexual assualt
http://www.ottawasun.com/News/Ottawa...6/8542316.html
^ our socitey pandemic with pedophiles & woman abusers. whole town of cornwall has been cornholed for decades. keep up on any of the 'cover up' stuff? guess they did it for the children, cause they are the future.

so again i cry B.S rights grab. cause there are currently laws on the books to deal with gun crime & violent crime. just like we also had laws for speeding on the books.

Disclaimer the author of these views has no criminal convictions & pays taxes

Last edited by bmdbley'sBro; 02-26-2009 at 02:59 PM.
bmdbley'sBro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2009, 03:54 PM   #7
chromius
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmdbley'sBro View Post
wow you have very hardlined stance on the subject or multiple facit of subjects.

curious and serious: have gangs in ottawa interfered with your life, personally?
Maybe not organized gangs (not really sure) but myself and a friend were mugged by a crap load of thugs, while one guy held my friend with a knife to his throat, the other guys took what money we had on us.

Not to mention a bunch of other crimes against me, mainly theft.

Quote:
& i still am not for new laws, cause chances are it will just be some freedom stealing B.S.
Freedom is for the people who deserve it, not for the criminals. So if some douch looses his freedoms because he commits a serious crime, I don't care. As long as you can still get your day in court.

Quote:
if i didn't know u i'd think u were trolling! seriously, no seriously!? hey maybe the govs of china, iran or etc need info analists. their theocracies may be more in line with your 'new' views?
You can try and turn this around all you want and say I would be happy living in a dictatorship, but that's seriously twisting the facts.

Serious criminals don't deserve rights. Simple as that. You may not agree, but that's how I feel. You go ask most families that have had their children killed by sex offenders, or killed by stabbings for a pack of smokes, or beaten to a bloody pulp for 5 bucks, and you think those people will be happy to hear a prisoner has all the same rights that the rest of society gets? Or that they'll be out of prison on "good behavior" in 5 years? I think not. Victim's rights are what counts to me, not the rights of the criminal. They should lose those rights the second they decide to pull the trigger.

Quote:
Historical Facts & studies are out there: treating inmates like animals creates Animals.
they then get released into the public at some point.
Really could care less, if they get released and decide to commit a crime again then throw them back in, but this time for the rest of their lives with no chance of parole. I don't give a shit what happens to them, as long as they are withdrawn from society so as not to hurt the good honest people of this world.

Quote:
the u.s has 1 out of every 100 adults in prison most for non violent (key word) drug offences. more then even russia or china. its been going since the 70's and they're not wining!
I'm talking violent and serious criminals here. But really, again, I don't care. As long as their in prison, it doesn't bother me in the least. I know I can sleep well at night, because I have made the choice to contribute to society, and not become a criminal.

Quote:
if you're 'social engineered' to be an animal then society shouldn't be upset with the results.
every week you'll read about some new child pron arrest or daytime sexual assualt
http://www.ottawasun.com/News/Ottawa...6/8542316.html
^ our socitey pandemic with pedophiles & woman abusers. whole town of cornwall has been cornholed for decades. keep up on any of the 'cover up' stuff? guess they did it for the children, cause they are the future.
And if we had tougher laws, maybe those people would be still in Jail, considering many sex crimes are repeat offenders.

Quote:
so again i cry B.S rights grab. cause there are currently laws on the books to deal with gun crime & violent crime. just like we also had laws for speeding on the books.
speeding laws are slightly different than cold blooded murder. The fact is Canada is too lenient. The fact that a murderer can be out of jail in 10 years, or a Max of 25 years, is just unbelievably wrong. Put them in jail and throw away the key. They should have lost their rights to be free, when they took away the rights of their victims to LIVE.

Sorry, but you'd be very hard pressed to make me sympathize with criminals like these.
Old 02-26-2009, 04:04 PM   #8
TNation
Banned

wow Chromius and I think 100% alike. I don't even have to give a rebuttal to bmdbley'sBro
TNation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2009, 04:09 PM   #9
chromius
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNation View Post
wow Chromius and I think 100% alike. I don't even have to give a rebuttal to bmdbley'sBro
Old 02-26-2009, 04:46 PM   #10
sirex
King Sirex

when u buy weed u support the gangs.

i also think we should alchohol off the street and smokes.

Last edited by sirex; 02-26-2009 at 04:52 PM.
sirex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2009, 05:11 PM   #11
bmdbley'sBro

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirex View Post
when u buy weed u support the gangs.

i also think we should alchohol off the street and smokes.
oh is that what is for 09? because in 01 you were supporting TERRORISM

Old 02-26-2009, 05:19 PM   #12
jstalin
capitalism=crisis

These measures will have a pretty limited impact on violent crime. Arming all workers is the only real solution
Old 02-26-2009, 06:38 PM   #13
ericdalinda
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jstalin View Post
These measures will have a pretty limited impact on violent crime. Arming all workers is the only real solution
thats nonsense.. then youll have idiots at work disagreeing with each other, and then blowing each others brains out in the coffee room.

what canada should have is the 3 strike rule.. say 3 misdemeanours 10 years.

3 violent crimes... LIFE. just a couple of weeks ago on AM640. a REPEAT offender sexual assualt robbery all that shit. had a rap sheet long as a dictionary on crimes.

beat the living crap out of this girl on her way home from work. (she needed recronstructive surgery) dragged her down an alley and repeatedly told her im going to rape and kill you.

THANK THE LORD!!!! 2 teenagers heard her screaming and ran downstairs the apartment complex she lives in with bats and chased that guy away..

cops catch the guy. he goes through the system (remember MANY violent crimes prior to this)
he goes in sentenced for 3 years and comes out in 1.5 for parole.

now the horrible thing about all this, one is hes out on our streets. 2 those teenagers if one of them swung like big pappi to his face and he died (like he should) they woulda went to jail for manslaughter..

GIVE ME A BREAK...
ericdalinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2009, 11:33 PM   #14
damameke
6th Gear Member

Tougher law.. tougher sentence.. no bail..
start caning those that are found guilty and no cable TV

Tougher judges..

where is Dirty Harry ???
damameke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2009, 11:43 PM   #15
BMW_7
Econobimmer Racing

Send a message via AIM to BMW_7 Send a message via MSN to BMW_7
Quote:
Originally Posted by ericdalinda View Post
thats nonsense.. then youll have idiots at work disagreeing with each other, and then blowing each others brains out in the coffee room.

what canada should have is the 3 strike rule.. say 3 misdemeanours 10 years.

3 violent crimes... LIFE. just a couple of weeks ago on AM640. a REPEAT offender sexual assualt robbery all that shit. had a rap sheet long as a dictionary on crimes.

beat the living crap out of this girl on her way home from work. (she needed recronstructive surgery) dragged her down an alley and repeatedly told her im going to rape and kill you.

THANK THE LORD!!!! 2 teenagers heard her screaming and ran downstairs the apartment complex she lives in with bats and chased that guy away..

cops catch the guy. he goes through the system (remember MANY violent crimes prior to this)
he goes in sentenced for 3 years and comes out in 1.5 for parole.

now the horrible thing about all this, one is hes out on our streets. 2 those teenagers if one of them swung like big pappi to his face and he died (like he should) they woulda went to jail for manslaughter..

GIVE ME A BREAK...
this is why Canada is the best place for criminals. Wanna commit a bunch of crimes? Come to Canada!

Helprace, a helpdesk & community platform
BMW_7 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: