Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > Specific Regional Topics > Global MaXbimmer
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 02-24-2003, 02:41 AM   #46
AlpWhitE46
is a pimp

Send a message via MSN to AlpWhitE46
finally a person that agrees with me that the enzo is god damn UGLY!
AlpWhitE46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2003, 03:15 AM   #47
Soldo
6th Gear Member

oh i HATE THE ENZO, personally the F50 was still ahead of its time with the STYLING as were MANY CARS BACK THEN (Rx-7, SUPRA) but you have to admit that the SPECS on that ENZO will make ANY CAR SHIT THEIR PANTS!!!!!!!
Old 02-24-2003, 12:27 PM   #48
tlaselva
1800+ HP Driveway

Send a message via MSN to tlaselva
Enzo Ferrari Ugly?

That car has been designed for performance first. Cosmetics and esthetics are irrelevant to a car of this magnatude.

This car has not been designed for mass production. It is not designed so it will appeal aesthetically to the average consumer.
This car is likely the best tracking car ever to come out of Ferrari.
It has been made for a lucky few, with large amounts of disposable income that can appreciate one of the finest performing automobiles to grace this planet of ours.

Drive down the street with that automotive excellence, and see how many people will scoff at it as being ugly...... I don't think so.

2010 Dodge Ram Hemi Sport

2010 GSX-R 750

2003 C5 Z06
LS7 427CI w/ECS Novi 2000 : Caravaggio Widebody and Full Leather & Alcantra Interior
903rwhp/815rwtq : 10.3@152mph
tlaselva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2003, 03:23 PM   #49
moerom
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally posted by tlaselva
Enzo Ferrari Ugly?

That car has been designed for performance first. Cosmetics and esthetics are irrelevant to a car of this magnatude.

This car has not been designed for mass production. It is not designed so it will appeal aesthetically to the average consumer.
This car is likely the best tracking car ever to come out of Ferrari.
It has been made for a lucky few, with large amounts of disposable income that can appreciate one of the finest performing automobiles to grace this planet of ours.

Drive down the street with that automotive excellence, and see how many people will scoff at it as being ugly...... I don't think so.

Amen! Anyone who drives this thing says that it is the beast around a track. Tiff Needel said that no car he's ever driven has ever matched the feel of this car. It also pulls 1.36g on the skidpad, which is miles (literally) ahead of the nearest street legal competitor, the 996 GT2 (1.02g). The styling will grow on you, its on a matter of time. I thought the F50 was brutal until I saw it in person and then I fell in love with it. Seeing the engine bay of that Enzo made me almost faint. I am glad to see Ferrari on top again
moerom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2003, 04:55 PM   #50
Jon@Bimmersport
MaXsponsor

yea umm, i kinda agree..i like the enzo..and a the 360 (all of them), and 550, 575M..but thats all. did u guys see the top gear video of him going around the track? shit that was crazy...and when the car went sideways for like 2sec..that was the best part!

Authorized Ontario dealer for Active Autowerke|VF-Engineering|AFE|Bilstein Suspension|H&R Suspension|KW suspension|Brembo Brake Systems| Stoptech| - Call us for the best pricing please DO NOT PM in regards to pricing

Maintenance|Performance|Tuning & Forced Induction
Jon@Bimmersport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2003, 06:26 PM   #51
Soldo
6th Gear Member

TIFF NEEDEL tests WHICH FERRARI!?!?!?!?!
Old 02-24-2003, 08:50 PM   #52
M50E30
www.bmwclub.ca

tlaselva, moerom, and E46_lover

Remember this car?
P.S.: And yes this one is ugly too!

I do realize these cars are designed for performance first. But those cars just don't meet my criteria of..."If it looks good and goes fast...I want one!".
Old 02-24-2003, 09:06 PM   #53
Jon@Bimmersport
MaXsponsor

Quote:
Originally posted by M50E30
tlaselva, moerom, and E46_lover

Remember this car?
P.S.: And yes this one is ugly too!

I do realize these cars are designed for performance first. But those cars just don't meet my criteria of..."If it looks good and goes fast...I want one!".
i'd take the celica too! its 500hp damn it! AWD too isnt it? i like both...call it ugly, but i'll be running circles around a stock GT2! put that tiff guy in the enzo, then the GT2 and see which does better times..

Authorized Ontario dealer for Active Autowerke|VF-Engineering|AFE|Bilstein Suspension|H&R Suspension|KW suspension|Brembo Brake Systems| Stoptech| - Call us for the best pricing please DO NOT PM in regards to pricing

Old 02-24-2003, 09:11 PM   #54
moerom
6th Gear Member

Dave, no offense but Ferrari takes pride in their designs and Pininfarina (their design outsourcer) has never failed to make beautiful designs. Throughout history the Ferrari name has been attributed to beautiful cars. It is undeniable that the Enzo is a thing of beauty. To say otherwise would be like saying Michealangelo was capable to making something ugly. Ferrari did not copy the Celica; the Enzo has been in development since a year after the F50 (in its very early stages). In fact, the front design of the Enzo (along with the underbody) makes for unparalleled aerodynamic downforce, so much that a 220 mph supercar does need an external spoiler. The Ferrari was not copied from the Celica nor does it intentionally share any design cues. Ferrari is one of the world's foremost design firms, and I doubt they need to steal styling cues from a Japanese auto maker.
Old 02-24-2003, 09:37 PM   #55
M50E30
www.bmwclub.ca

Quote:
Originally posted by moerom
Dave, no offense but Ferrari takes pride in their designs and Pininfarina (their design outsourcer) has never failed to make beautiful designs. Throughout history the Ferrari name has been attributed to beautiful cars. It is undeniable that the Enzo is a thing of beauty. To say otherwise would be like saying Michealangelo was capable to making something ugly.
Wow. I have heard alot of crap but this takes the pile.

Quote:
Ferrari did not copy the Celica; the Enzo has been in development since a year after the F50 (in its very early stages). In fact, the front design of the Enzo (along with the underbody) makes for unparalleled aerodynamic downforce, so much that a 220 mph supercar does need an external spoiler. The Ferrari was not copied from the Celica nor does it intentionally share any design cues. Ferrari is one of the world's foremost design firms, and I doubt they need to steal styling cues from a Japanese auto maker.
How can you say that Ferrari didn't steal design cues from Toyota? Hell I could have easily said that "Ferrari did not copy the Celica; the Enzo has been in development since a year after the F50 (in its very early stages).". I would seriously like to see some proof. Pictures are worth 1000 words! Just look at them!

Well the point i'm getting across is...If it looks good and goes fast...I want one. And the Enzo in my eyes looks like poop!

Ok...lets start another discussion about the Enzo...Ferrari Enzo VS. Porsche Carrera GT!
Old 02-24-2003, 09:57 PM   #56
Polish
6th Gear Member

Quote:
It also pulls 1.36g on the skidpad, which is miles (literally) ahead of the nearest street legal competitor, the 996 GT2 (1.02g).
can someone explain how the skid pad is tested, and im guessing the g stands for gravity on your body?
could someone please clear me up, id like to know
Polish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2003, 10:08 PM   #57
M50E30
www.bmwclub.ca

Quote:
It also pulls 1.36g on the skidpad, which is miles (literally) ahead of the nearest street legal competitor, the 996 GT2 (1.02g).
http://www.fantasycars.com/derek/cars/enzo.html

It says the Enzo lateral g's are 1.03. A mear .01 more than the GT2 (which is a hell of alot cheaper).
Old 02-25-2003, 12:16 AM   #58
moerom
6th Gear Member

That's "Derek's" interpretation, whoever that guy is. I didn't know Ferrari gave Derek an Enzo to put on a skidpad for him to get his numbers. When Derek gets his hands on a 1.2 million dollar car to put it on a skidpad, I'll beleive his 1.03g. Derek has an unsubstantiated claim.

Ferrari claims 1.36g on the skidpad and it will deliver. Once a reputable magazine gets to test it (which will take time considering all 399 are sold and there are only 1 or 2 press vehicles) then we'll see.

To ask for "proof" that Ferrari didn't copy Toyota is misdirected. I doubt there is any uncertainty in anyone's mind that Ferrari can design their own vehicles. How can I prove that Ferrari didn't copy Toyota? I can't! Since when are there documents proving such things?

I CAN say that Ferrari has built some of the most beautiful cars in history ( a well known fact ) and would NOT need to copy Toyota to design their flagship vehicle. Ferrari's mystique is universal. You can beleive that Ferrari copied the Toyota front end but at the end of the day there are countless of car enthusiasts who beleive that the car is actually beautiful. The front splitter on the Ferrari follows function rather than form. The carbon fiber splitter underneath the pointed nose provides downforce to keep the Ferrari pinned to the road at 300 km/h+, rather than just being a cosmetic copy of the Toyota Ultimate Celica. The Enzo spent thousands of hours in the wind tunnel. Do you think that at the end of these hours the nose looks purposely like the Celica front end? It is like that for an (aerodynamic) reason. The chances that the front end of the Enzo being a copy of the Toyota Celica front end, AFTER thousands of hours of wind testing, are nominal, or even zero. What are the chances that a Toyota front end would happen to be exactly the design that Ferrari was looking for, and what are the chances that it provided enough downforce and functionality on purpose? I do not beleive that Ferrari would copy another vehicle's front end to put on their most expensive flagship vehicle.

Its one thing to not like a certain manufacturer's cars, but its a completely different thing to discount them completely on the basis on the front end of a car.

Numbers do not lie. Looks are subjective so we can sit here for days and argue till we are blue in the face. I'll let the numbers do the talking:

Name one factory current production Porsche that can outrun or outhandle this Enzo.

I rest my case.

Looks are subjective. No offense Dave but the amount of support that the Enzo appearance got and the amount of people that can appreciate its looks are far greater than the amount of people who consider it ugly.

As Tony said, the Enzo was built to attack racetracks, not art books. The front end serves a purpose, and one of them is not to please your sense of car design.

No flame intended, but I had to clear things up.
Old 02-25-2003, 12:21 AM   #59
moerom
6th Gear Member

As for the Carrera GT, as a Tifost (Ferrari fan), I say bring it on!!!!! lol

I didn't intend to sound like an ass in the above post, I just tend to get fiesty when defending Ferrari!

There is no doubt that the Carrera GT will be an handful for the Enzo. However, I do believe that the Enzo is powerful enough and light enough to claim top honours on a track!
Old 02-25-2003, 12:33 AM   #60
Jon@Bimmersport
MaXsponsor

moe's right...arguements over..i dunno what your gonna say to this man lol...wheres randy? i am shocked he hasnt posted here yet

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: