Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > maXimum Tech > 3 Series > E90/E91/E92/E93
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 07-08-2009, 01:46 PM   #46
TNation
Banned

so i finally drove a 335i coupe, 6 speed
hella nice car. Clutch took a while to get used too, but it was fantastic. Handled extremely well, and even better, it had good torque and excellent braking. Leaned well in corners.
TNation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2009, 02:41 PM   #47
rendered
6th Gear Member

^^^^^ lol
rendered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2009, 04:10 PM   #48
gtaphile
1st Gear Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephanie View Post
i love my 335i cabrio, fun as hell to drive... have had it for nearly two months and put about 3,500 kms on her

...definitely an upgrade from my E36 325i cabrio, although i still loved the styling and body lines of her!!

...e90post.com is definitely the site to go for modding advice and/or inspiration. The people on there are pretty helpful too (but just not as amazing as all of you on maX... haha)

...and as for a chip, they 'say' the JB3 (Juice Box 3) is undetectable by a technician, provided you remove it prior to servicing... its a simple plug and play application that runs far less than $1000.00, although it doesn't produce the same HP gains as the Dinan which is definitely covered under warranty... have been doing some research as I'm going to be chipping mine soon as well...

good luck! xx
Stephanie,

Yours is the first post I have every read and seen on here and if that is the norm than this is some sight!

Cheers
GT
gtaphile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2009, 09:35 AM   #49
Alessandro
1st Gear Newbie

Send a message via MSN to Alessandro
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtaphile View Post
Stephanie,

Yours is the first post I have every read and seen on here and if that is the norm than this is some sight!

Cheers
GT
I have no idea what Stephanie is talking about, Dinan makes more power then a JB 1.3 haha what a joke Dinan makes not close the power just to straighten things out.

Cheers
Alessandro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2009, 11:45 AM   #50
Stephanie
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alessandro View Post
I have no idea what Stephanie is talking about, Dinan makes more power then a JB 1.3 haha what a joke Dinan makes not close the power just to straighten things out.

Cheers
You're absolutely right.
When I posted that (back in the beginning of the year) I had been misinformed by the dealer about the HP outputs of the Dinan Chip.

Since then I have installed the JB3 v1.3 and LOVE IT. The Dinan is ridiculously conservative and not nearly as fun. I track the car often and have only minimal performance mods and the thing hauls ass!

The JB3 ran me around $600.00 for the PnP (plug and play) and offers 14 different maps dependant on the mods you have and how aggressive a tune you'd like. I run on Map 5.

Sorry I didn't clarify sooner, I totally forgot about this thread.
No need to get your panties in a bunch, though... "what a joke"

Black Sapphire Metallic | Coral Red | Brushed Aluminium | 6MT | ZSP | ZPP | PDC | Bluetooth
Shadowlines | Matte Grilles | Aero Lip | BMW Performance Pedals | Smoked Reflectors | LLumar Tint 40%
KW V2 | VMR V710 | Super Sports | BMS JB4 | BMS DCIs | HPF Intercooler | UUC EVO3 SSK | UUC RK7 Shift Knob

Last edited by Stephanie; 09-18-2009 at 11:49 AM.
Stephanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2009, 12:16 PM   #51
europrince
6th Gear Member

Quote:
You're absolutely right.
When I posted that (back in the beginning of the year) I had been misinformed by the dealer about the HP outputs of the Dinan Chip.

Since then I have installed the JB3 v1.3 and LOVE IT. The Dinan is ridiculously conservative and not nearly as fun. I track the car often and have only minimal performance mods and the thing hauls ass!

The JB3 ran me around $600.00 for the PnP (plug and play) and offers 14 different maps dependant on the mods you have and how aggressive a tune you'd like. I run on Map 5.

Stephanie, do you only run Map 5 on the track or day to day? What kind of mileage are you getting with day to day use? What city/highway split do you do? What is your day to day driving style? Much appreciated. Thanks.
europrince is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2009, 01:10 PM   #52
Stephanie
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by europrince View Post
Do you only run Map 5 on the track or day to day?
- Map 5 all day everyday, track and street

Quote:
What kind of mileage are you getting with day to day use?
- 11.6 L/100km

Quote:
What city/highway split do you do?
- About 50/50

Quote:
What is your day to day driving style?
- "Spirited" - or in other words, I beat the shit out of it often...

Black Sapphire Metallic | Coral Red | Brushed Aluminium | 6MT | ZSP | ZPP | PDC | Bluetooth
Shadowlines | Matte Grilles | Aero Lip | BMW Performance Pedals | Smoked Reflectors | LLumar Tint 40%
KW V2 | VMR V710 | Super Sports | BMS JB4 | BMS DCIs | HPF Intercooler | UUC EVO3 SSK | UUC RK7 Shift Knob
Old 09-18-2009, 01:19 PM   #53
europrince
6th Gear Member

^ sweet, thanks.

Perhaps a silly question, but do you notice a large difference between Map 5 and stock with everyday use? Map 5 isn't supposed to trip any codes, right? Do you have to remove it when bringing car to the dealership or can you just run Map 0?
europrince is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2009, 02:56 PM   #54
ctgazer
2nd Gear Member

Send a message via AIM to ctgazer
Quote:
- Map 5 all day everyday, track and street
you track your car

just kidding..maybe ill see you out there next year..my track season's over cause i need new track tires
ctgazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2009, 08:44 AM   #55
Stephanie
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Perhaps a silly question, but do you notice a large difference between Map 5 and stock with everyday use?
HUGE difference!

Quote:
Map 5 isn't supposed to trip any codes, right?
It's not "supposed" to, but I'm pretty sure it still does trip something... I'll get back to you once I pick up the scan tool.

Quote:
Do you have to remove it when bringing car to the dealership or can you just run Map 0?
I would HIGHLY recommend it unless you you know someone at the dealership in service well and don't want to risk voiding warranty...

Old 09-21-2009, 08:50 AM   #56
Stephanie
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctgazer View Post
you track your car

I don't know what you are talking about

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctgazer View Post
my track season's over cause i need new track tires
That's just awesome.

(I should probably get track tires for next season!! lol... my poor street tires )

Old 10-19-2009, 07:43 AM   #57
Alessandro
1st Gear Newbie

Send a message via MSN to Alessandro
Quote:
You're absolutely right.

Now we are on the same page , i had a bad day when i was writing the comment. Nice Car Setup, and you should try the 1.4 Rev 8.5BT its really a big difference.

Be safe.

Al.
Alessandro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2010, 10:50 PM   #58
Blackedout95
5th Gear Member

Steph, where did you buy the JB, who installed it and what is the agressiveness of Map 5 since gainsrange greatly is it map 5 to keep a/f ratio in check or? You used a dyno before and after I assume?
Old 05-27-2010, 10:11 AM   #59
Stephanie
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackedout95 View Post
Steph, where did you buy the JB, who installed it and what is the agressiveness of Map 5 since gainsrange greatly is it map 5 to keep a/f ratio in check or? You used a dyno before and after I assume?
I bought it right from Terry Burger on his site - burgertuning.com,
I installed it; its PnP,
And horsepower gains are pretty drastic... I'm running Map 7 with stock everything except for intakes and an intercooler and dynoed at 365 rwhp and 412 ft lbs of torque... I'm ridiculously happy with the results for such a nominal price!

Old 05-27-2010, 12:21 PM   #60
Blackedout95
5th Gear Member

Nice, a bit scarey the motor isnt built but for the forged crank, scares me because I went through this on another car with boost.

Apparently these motors are up to $20k to buy new from bmw?

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: