Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > Misc > Off-topic
User Name
Password


Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 02-18-2009, 06:04 PM   #31
damameke
6th Gear Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Canada
Posts: 1,372


Priviledge or rights? Does it really matters?; when the law said that if you are caught doing 150 or over, your car will be confiscated for a week and maybe $10,000 fine.

Is the law a good one?probably not(I never agree with that law anyway) but who are we to argue? You know the law and if you chance it and caught,, face the music.

You are old enough to drive, be man enough to face it.

Cop asked to search your car, you can excercise your right not to comply, majority will comply for they have nothing to hide, if you do excercise not to comply, wouldnt that give the cop a reason to detain you further? or maybe call for more backup?

well.. you never know .. isnt it?

Profiling exists, if you think otherwise .. you are naive..

Last edited by damameke; 02-18-2009 at 07:49 PM.
damameke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009, 10:26 PM   #32
biginstreets
bitches love me!
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Bolton
Posts: 166
Laws being infringed upon is my right to due process and my right to personal property.

You do not own your vehicle. You don't sound stupid so I'll assume you'll be able to follow my logic... You purchased a car. You registered that car. That car now belongs to whichever province you've just registered it to. There is a very large difference between registering and recording. Pick up a law dictionary and see for yourself and thus your reason for the lack of trial.

I think you need to read a bit more carefully because there needs to be due cause for your license to be revoked (loss of too many points, impaired driving, etc). They cannot just take it away from you, do you realize what an uproar that would cause?


Incorrect. Speak to an officer for the varying different situations in which they would be able to take your license from right where you stand.


With that being said, i should have thought about moving to toronto? Why? Were you going to pay the excessive mortgage cost for me? lol. Fact of the matter is, we have suburbs because not everyone can afford to live in the city. Only problem with the suburb is the distance issue. Nothing is accessible, therefore we require some mode of transportation; a car. So I need my car to be able to provide a living for myself and function as an active member in our society.

No. The population is so dense near the water for historical reasons and its only because of technological advancements that we are not still dependent on having a supplies brought in by boat and are able to locate further away from the water.


I understand we have rules of the road, that is what I was tested on and received my license for. Had I not passed these tests, I would not be licensed and consequently I would not have a car. I'm not contesting that speeding is ok or anything of that nature. The root of this entire argument is that it's become more and more apparent that cops abuse their power and single out the youth who have nice cars.


Catching you and pulling you over for doing 101 in a 60 is not abusing their power. Giving you a ticket for less then the what you deserved, that's abusing their power...in your favour. Statistics show that young males driving nice cars usually do stupid things while behind the wheel. Its called lack of knowledge. There is nothing wrong with that, just don't be ignorant about it.


You said you were older, perhaps this is why you can't relate to what I'm saying. Don't patronize me and tell me I need to grow up because I think you need to step back and take a look at things from the youths perspective. I have this bitterness for the older generation (40+ sorry to some members, i'm sure you don't apply) and the ways in which they think and approach various situations. You've got these biases and preconceived notions about the youth of today and that only goes to support these cops in the profiling which they already do.

Broseph, I'm 25. I get it. I've grown past the need for speed and showing off for chicks. I drive for me. You should too. I find comfort in arriving alive, with a clean driving record and cheap insurance.

I've experienced a great deal of profiling by cops and I'm not even a visible minority

Ignorant

nor have a ever conducted and illegal activities. But see you automatically assumed I was some sort of drug dealer or involved with something illegal.Speaks very poorly on your judgment.

Pssssst....101 in a 60.




And if an officer asks to search your car and you agree, power to you. You must love giving up your rights left right and center.

Which right did I give up? I can refuse but what for? If the officer has asked to search my car, they must have some reason behind it. I've done nothing illegal, and I do not keep illegal items in my car. Search away officer, search away!

Not to mention you must have a tonne of time on your hands which you don't give much value to. But to each is own. You're entitled to your opinions and I to mine.

Incorrect again. I value my time just as much as you. I'm much more efficient in comparison to you. Obviously I work and move at a pace that allows me to stop and smell the roses, so to speak.

Just sad to see the way some people reason and think.

Indeed.
biginstreets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2009, 12:30 AM   #33
Boss17
6th Gear Member
 
Boss17's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Toronto
Posts: 1,468
I'm not gonna go ahead and quote every point you made because frankly I don't feel like it. So I will just address what you said and explain a few things.

First off, when you buy something outright (paid in full, like my car) you own it outright. The province doesn't own it, you do. You are required to register your car with the ministry, but by no means do they own it.

Next thing, an officer will not just take your license away. They need a reason to do so and they need to document this reason, otherwise they get into some deep shit, profession wise and legally.

I think you misread, I didn't get caught doing 101 in a 60 (That's the original poster who did). I'm not even defending the OP on that either. I was chiming in on his rant because I know what it's like to be profiled because of what you drive.

I don't think you really took the time to read what I posted because half your comments don't even relate to me. I never mentioned anything about speeding being a good thing or that I like to show off in front of chicks; where you got this from, I don't know. You mention that statistics show that young males drive stupid and in an ignorant manner, so that makes it ok for an officer to pull over a young guy cause he "might be" driving stupid? So I take it you're all for pulling over black people cause they might be up to no good. Your point on this topic was ignorant and you know it.

Lastly, I am in total disbelief that you're 25 and think the way you do. It's quite sad that you support and expel this propaganda which the media shoves down people's throats. Bottom line, cops are disliked for a critical reason, they abuse their powers at every chance they get (i'm sure there are a few good ones out there, i've come across 2 or 3). I could only hope that you recall this very discussion when you to are subjected to this abuse of power.

I think we've just about exhausted this topic. I will just wait for the time you post a thread about some cop being a dickhead to you for no reason.
__________________
2015 Volvo V60 T5 FWD-CURRENT
2014 Volvo S60 T6 AWD-SOLD
2012 Mercedes-Benz C250 Coupe-SOLD
1996 BMW 328is- SOLD
1998 Mercedes-Benz E430- SOLD
1990 Ford Probe Turbo- SOLD
Boss17 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2009, 07:57 PM   #34
bmdbley'sBro
wouldu like some tinfoil?
 
bmdbley'sBro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: in your attic!
Posts: 4,674
-

where to even start with u. welcome to max, u come off as a cop or a troll or a troll cop.
no offence to any cops on here that leave their badge at work after a shift,
ya know as oppossed to coming on a message board after work to tell us all whats what.
unless its like ur job or sumthin (paranoid eh)?

Quote:
You do not own your vehicle. You don't sound stupid so I'll assume you'll be able to follow my logic...
i'd try to follow ur logic if there was any, but uhmm..?
think we all got ownerships, don't think the gov gave me my cars, bike.
think i had to work to pay for them.

Quote:
I've experienced a great deal of profiling by cops and I'm not even a visible minority
your reply Ignorant

Statistics show that young males driving nice cars usually do stupid things while behind the wheel. Its called lack of knowledge. There is nothing wrong with that, just don't be ignorant about it.

so for us to state as young men driving nice cars that we are profiled is ignorant to you or rediculous

but we're ignorant cause we don't understand that cops need hassle us cause we're young men driving nice cars, stats prove it! u contraticted troll mofo, u almost made my brain go pop!


Quote:
Pssssst....101 in a 60.
psst. yeah was nice of her to lower it, i actually just went& paid it.
Point you missed: 9kph more shouldn't make me a street racer /criminal
subject to ,blah, blah, talking to a brick wall. go read pg2

im in my 30's been riding a motorbike for almost 20years. I want to arrive alive at my destinations too

law is just sooo stupid it could only make brownshirts happy.

Quote:
If the officer has asked to search my car, they must have some reason behind it. I've done nothing illegal, and I do not keep illegal items in my car. Search away officer, search away!
hey cops are even ticketing cops On Duty for 50over and theres not 10 pages of police abuse videos on you tube.

yeah u should let the cops do what ever they want to you with no opposition
if they find something They deem illegal im sure you'll be able to explain how they are wrong!

seen it on cops all the time!
__________________

Last edited by bmdbley'sBro; 02-21-2009 at 07:59 PM.
bmdbley'sBro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2009, 09:03 AM   #35
biginstreets
bitches love me!
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Bolton
Posts: 166
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmdbley'sBro View Post
where to even start with u. welcome to max,
Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmdbley'sBro View Post
i'd try to follow ur logic if there was any, but uhmm..?
think we all got ownerships, don't think the gov gave me my cars, bike.
think i had to work to pay for them.
Registration" comes from Latin "rex, regis" etc. meaning rega, Blacks Law Dictionar 2nd edition. So think about what occurs to whatever you 'register' - you hand legal title over to the Crown. When you register anything with the public, it releases legal title to the government corporation and leaves you with only equitable title - the right to use, not own, and for that use you will pay a 'use' tax which is every tax, be it income, sin, sales, property, etc. as opposed to lawful taxes, excise and impost. This is fact.


Quote:
Originally Posted by bmdbley'sBro View Post
but we're ignorant cause we don't understand that cops need hassle us cause we're young men driving nice cars, stats prove it! u contraticted troll mofo, u almost made my brain go pop!
"...and I'm not even a visible minority" <-- Thats the ignorant part.


Quote:
Originally Posted by bmdbley'sBro View Post
psst. yeah was nice of her to lower it, i actually just went& paid it.
Point you missed: 9kph more shouldn't make me a street racer /criminal
subject to ,blah, blah, talking to a brick wall. go read pg2
You're right, 9 kph more shouldn't make you a street racer. The fact that you were speeding and driving recklessly should be enough to deem you a street racer which in turn hopefully leads to that car you think you own because you paid for it being crushed as you watch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmdbley'sBro View Post
yeah u should let the cops do what ever they want to you with no opposition
if they find something they deem illegal im sure you'll be able to explain how they are wrong!

seen it on cops all the time!
I don't do illegal things so therefore, they will never, ever find anything illegal in my car or on me. I've already stated that this is the exact reason why I don't care if they search. Which part of this are you having the most difficulty understanding?

Last edited by biginstreets; 02-22-2009 at 09:09 AM.
biginstreets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2009, 11:03 AM   #36
Trouble65
6th Gear Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Niagara Region
Posts: 1,790
Quote:
Originally Posted by erikis View Post
i want to punch you in the face for listening to that shit music
^lol^
Trouble65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2009, 01:59 PM   #37
Boss17
6th Gear Member
 
Boss17's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Toronto
Posts: 1,468
Quote:
Originally Posted by biginstreets View Post
Thanks!



Registration" comes from Latin "rex, regis" etc. meaning rega, Blacks Law Dictionar 2nd edition. So think about what occurs to whatever you 'register' - you hand legal title over to the Crown. When you register anything with the public, it releases legal title to the government corporation and leaves you with only equitable title - the right to use, not own, and for that use you will pay a 'use' tax which is every tax, be it income, sin, sales, property, etc. as opposed to lawful taxes, excise and impost. This is fact.
So given your logic here, we don't own anything because we pay tax to the government for it? The government does not own my car, all they can do is govern how I drive my car but absolutely nothing to do with the ownership. I can buy a car and smash it for all I care, because I OWN it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by biginstreets View Post
"...and I'm not even a visible minority" <-- Thats the ignorant part.
Explain the ignorance in that statement. I'm pointing out a very sad and disturbing fact that visible minorities get profiled on a daily basis; I've seen it happen on many occasions. If anything it shows your ignorance and unwillingness to except this fact.

I think i'm done with this topic because you, my friend, are hard headed and won't understand any of this until you experience it personally or see someone who close to you experience it. However, the government has done a fantastic job with filling your mind with bullshit.
__________________
2015 Volvo V60 T5 FWD-CURRENT
2014 Volvo S60 T6 AWD-SOLD
2012 Mercedes-Benz C250 Coupe-SOLD
1996 BMW 328is- SOLD
1998 Mercedes-Benz E430- SOLD
1990 Ford Probe Turbo- SOLD
Boss17 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2009, 02:41 PM   #38
Fel
Not Banned
 
Fel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Schomberg
Posts: 4,316
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boss17 View Post
So given your logic here, we don't own anything because we pay tax to the government for it? The government does not own my car, all they can do is govern how I drive my car but absolutely nothing to do with the ownership. I can buy a car and smash it for all I care, because I OWN it.



Explain the ignorance in that statement. I'm pointing out a very sad and disturbing fact that visible minorities get profiled on a daily basis; I've seen it happen on many occasions. If anything it shows your ignorance and unwillingness to except this fact.

I think i'm done with this topic because you, my friend, are hard headed and won't understand any of this until you experience it personally or see someone who close to you experience it. However, the government has done a fantastic job with filling your mind with bullshit.
You don't own it because you register it, not because you pay tax on it. You seem to be lacking in the logic department yourself...

It seems to me that biginstreets just owned your ass with knowledge, and you don't know how to react. How many years did you spend in law school again? I didn't catch that part.

There are so many things in society that we take for granted and don't understand. This is why we are more or less at the constant mercy of politicians, lawyers, and corporations... they know more about how society functions on a legal level, and we for the most part don't know shit.

You're young and ignorant, and you think you know everything about the world. But the fact of the matter is, you're talking with your gut, not your head.

If anyone else wants to chime in and disprove anything that's been said here so far, please do.... but I think at this point, the OP and Boss have pretty much profiled themselves.
__________________
Fel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2009, 03:32 PM   #39
slimjim
Almost Sideways
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: canada
Posts: 1,876
lol biginstreets....i see a midlife crises in ur near future

P.S i drivez a fast car with Naaawwwzzzzzzz...50kmp/h + alll day, E'R' DAY
__________________

Last edited by slimjim; 02-22-2009 at 03:46 PM.
slimjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2009, 03:44 PM   #40
Boss17
6th Gear Member
 
Boss17's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Toronto
Posts: 1,468
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fel View Post
You don't own it because you register it, not because you pay tax on it. You seem to be lacking in the logic department yourself...

It seems to me that biginstreets just owned your ass with knowledge, and you don't know how to react. How many years did you spend in law school again? I didn't catch that part.

There are so many things in society that we take for granted and don't understand. This is why we are more or less at the constant mercy of politicians, lawyers, and corporations... they know more about how society functions on a legal level, and we for the most part don't know shit.

You're young and ignorant, and you think you know everything about the world. But the fact of the matter is, you're talking with your gut, not your head.

If anyone else wants to chime in and disprove anything that's been said here so far, please do.... but I think at this point, the OP and Boss have pretty much profiled themselves.
I'm sorry but where did I claim to know everything about everything? How did biginstreets own me with knowledge? What knowledge? He didn't quote anything relating to government documentation stating that the government owns my car or personal property. He just looked up the definition of register lol.

So now I have to be in law school to defend my points and views? Perhaps you should come up with some of your own before typing up your next response.

We're at the mercy of politicians, lawyers and corporations? I guess you forgot that we live in a democratic society where we can rightfully question the actions of these people. It's people like you and biginstreets who succumb to political propaganda, instead of speaking out and defending what you're entitled to.

What does my age have to do with anything? Are you implying that ones age represents whether or not they're smart? You think that you and biginstreets being older makes you wiser, smarter, etc? If that's the case, you and biginstreets (who are older than myself) must be the exception to the rule, because you've both spewed nothing but nonsense. Nobody is profiling anyone on this site because we're all entitled to our own opinions and some may be more favorable than others.
__________________
2015 Volvo V60 T5 FWD-CURRENT
2014 Volvo S60 T6 AWD-SOLD
2012 Mercedes-Benz C250 Coupe-SOLD
1996 BMW 328is- SOLD
1998 Mercedes-Benz E430- SOLD
1990 Ford Probe Turbo- SOLD

Last edited by Boss17; 02-22-2009 at 03:47 PM.
Boss17 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2009, 03:55 PM   #41
Fel
Not Banned
 
Fel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Schomberg
Posts: 4,316
^^^ lol... it's more your attitude.

I'm just stirring the pot, this whole thread is pretty much just a bunch of...

__________________
Fel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2009, 04:43 PM   #42
damameke
6th Gear Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Canada
Posts: 1,372
I think enough said..

How did this turn out into a war of words ??

i think MOD should close thos thread...
damameke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2009, 10:00 PM   #43
dbworld4k
Addict
 
dbworld4k's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: YYZ / ORD
Posts: 7,408
I seriously do not understand the point of this thread/video - at all. You were clearly well over the limit and then you complained about getting a ticket? ROFL!
__________________


'02 ///M5 Imola Red / Imola Red '09 335i Alpine White / Coral Red
dbworld4k is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2009, 08:04 AM   #44
biginstreets
bitches love me!
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Bolton
Posts: 166
Quote:
Originally Posted by slimjim View Post
lol biginstreets....i see a midlife crises in ur near future
lol its bad that i hear that often isnt it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fel View Post
You don't own it because you register it, not because you pay tax on it. You seem to be lacking in the logic department yourself...

It seems to me that biginstreets just owned your ass with knowledge, and you don't know how to react. How many years did you spend in law school again? I didn't catch that part.

There are so many things in society that we take for granted and don't understand. This is why we are more or less at the constant mercy of politicians, lawyers, and corporations... they know more about how society functions on a legal level, and we for the most part don't know shit.

You're young and ignorant, and you think you know everything about the world. But the fact of the matter is, you're talking with your gut, not your head.

If anyone else wants to chime in and disprove anything that's been said here so far, please do.... but I think at this point, the OP and Boss have pretty much profiled themselves.

Finally someone gets it! Thank you! oh and Bolton hurrrr!
biginstreets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2009, 11:20 AM   #45
bmdbley'sBro
wouldu like some tinfoil?
 
bmdbley'sBro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: in your attic!
Posts: 4,674
Quote:
Originally Posted by biginstreets View Post
You're right, 9 kph more shouldn't make you a street racer. The fact that you were speeding and driving recklessly should be enough to deem you a street racer which in turn hopefully leads to that car you think you own because you paid for it being crushed as you watch.
really wow. u'll just never get it, parts of the trans canada hi-way are narrower then that (2lanes) & undivided.
they also have a speed limit 40kph faster. was that road lined with residences? no.
reckless lol, I didn't even change lanes there Mr grumpy pantz


is it wrong that i get this mental image of you hunched over laughing meniachly while stroking it
till u giz all over ur self jsut from the mere thought of my car being crushed?
i mean i don't know you, its just the vibe im getting from ur typings, u seem excited by the prospect.
sad mindset imo considering it could theoretically happen to you too

cops can arbitrarily take my licence & car for 7 days, yup can say whatever they want
shit they can even arbitrarily say i was armed & shoot me in the face too,
but you fukers can't eat me after Ha! ya u cannibals! u all got no defence against that nonsense!
least aint no defence no ones gonna listen to anyways, flesh eating weirdo!
well ok maybe if i were a prisoner being transported over the ande's and we crashed
but that would probably never happen.

probability wise though it is perhaps more likely then me ever being Convicted of street racing or stunting
whether i recieved the ticket legitimately or not.

1yr + of this draconian b.s law & only 33% convictions <-some 'stats'



Quote:
Originally Posted by biginstreets View Post
I don't do illegal things so therefore, they will never, ever find anything illegal in my car or on me. I've already stated that this is the exact reason why I don't care if they search. Which part of this are you having the most difficulty understanding?
either do i so ditto. but whats deemed legal & illegal isn't up to U:
a baseball bat, golf putter or hockey stick can be 'deemed' as a 'weapon'
to the right bored over zealous hates his life (and subsequently ur's & all others) cop.

Which part of this are you having the most difficulty understanding?
__________________
bmdbley'sBro is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:27 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Maxbimmer Copyright 2001 - 2015