Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > Misc > Off-topic
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 02-16-2009, 05:37 PM   #16
Boss17
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by biginstreets View Post
you do not have the right to drive. its a privilege that you must apply for. by applying for a license, you are asking permission to drive and therefore agree to their terms and conditions. stop crying because you break their terms and conditions and get caught.

i <3 the police. yes, i get pulled over all the time because for some reason, drug dealers and criminals alike drive a similar car to mine. I dont mind getting pulled over, its an inconvenience yes, but i have nothing to worry about. dont break the law. its there for a reason. obey it or stop driving. i hope its the latter.
It's people like you who support such stupid laws which are an infringement on our rights. Driving is a privilege? I would probably agree with that if it wasn't such an integral part of our livelihood now. We NEED our cars to get to and from work, to get everyday errands done, and so forth.

You love the police? Really? So you actually don't mind being pulled over for no reason at all? Do you also bend over for the officer too?

You must not value your time or must have absolutely nothing to do to not mind a cop pulling you over for no reason. I'm sorry but your comments have lead me to think you're a tool.
1998 Mercedes-Benz E430- SOLD
1990 Ford Probe Turbo- SOLD
Boss17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2009, 05:40 PM   #17
325isdan
5th Gear Member

I did not read your long post.. but what does being busted for speeding have to do with the new street racing law.. you where caught driving 101 in a 60 zone and it was dropped to an 85.. Where does your beef with the new street racing law come in??? and 40 over is F'ed.. Slow Down or take it to the boonies.
325isdan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2009, 06:00 PM   #18
craigIS
A.K.A. crossfire291

Send a message via MSN to craigIS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boss17 View Post
It's people like you who support such stupid laws which are an infringement on our rights. Driving is a privilege? I would probably agree with that if it wasn't such an integral part of our livelihood now. We NEED our cars to get to and from work, to get everyday errands done, and so forth.

You love the police? Really? So you actually don't mind being pulled over for no reason at all? Do you also bend over for the officer too?

You must not value your time or must have absolutely nothing to do to not mind a cop pulling you over for no reason. I'm sorry but your comments have lead me to think you're a tool.
driving is a privilege....simple concept, use common sense. if it was a "right" you would just be able to go in and tell them to give you a license, but you have to go and "apply" by witting a test, and if you dont pass you dont have the right to have your license.

you can also walk to work, or ride a bicycle, or take public transit. simple! if you live to far away, move closer to where you work. i had to walk everywhere for 2 months cause my car needed fixed and i didnt have the cash. if it was your right to drive and have a car, the govt would pay to fix your car. they would also have to buy you a car if you wanted to use your right to drive.

driving is a privilege. bottom line.

flickr
craigIS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2009, 06:40 PM   #19
spoony_prelude
Eurowerke

So Far "knock on wood" The only time I was pulled over in my vert was way before I had done any mods to it! And it was because the retard cops thought I wasnt wearing my seat belt. They followed me into a car wash and waited until I got out of the car. The I had no way to prove i was wearing it, They gave me the ticket for it. Thankfully it was withdrawn! Yes withdrawn, I didnt even need to pay the $500 for a lawyer. But yeah. Since my car has been the way it is.

Most cops dont even look or notice my car. I remember one night I was on my way home from my gf's house, It was about 11:30pm. I was stopped at a red light, I had the top down and the music was up. Not stupid loud but just enough. I didnt even notice the cop coming up. He stopped beside me whistling with his arm resting on the door tapping on his door. He stopped at the light, glanced at my car, and made a right turn. Most attention I've had from cops was in brampton area. I think it's peel region up there. There, they stare a little harder but never did anything..

Lets hope that continues!!!

Jay
Old 02-16-2009, 08:13 PM   #20
bmdbley'sBro
wouldu like some tinfoil?

-
that vid is from 2007.
and yes that was nice of her to Reduce the ticket

my whole point on that 2007 vid was,
but 9kph an hour more and i become an 3v|L STr33t R@c3r!

Rediculous. that road was 3 lanes wide, no sidewalks.
parts of the trans canada hi-way with a 100kph limit are only two lanes wide Undivided!
The officer obviously didn't feel any paramount danger to herself,
as she ran across 3 lanes and put her hand up (at my oncoming 3000pound vehicle) for me to stop

again was nice of her to Reduce the ticket, I paid it! But the new laws are Stupid.
i'm glad all of you couldn't seperate my 2007 video from my 09 rant
maybe you'll get it if/when it happens to you. paint your cars 'flat rust' fella's
cause we look to rich in our cars.

did you know with the stuff they just passed in Quebec if u get nailed at 50 over
u get some 'dangerous offender' themed status
that hangs over your drving record for the next DECADE

with triple penalties if you're deemed by an officer to have messed up again in that Decade of 'Probation'

Quote:
REFERENCE PERIOD: 10YEARSSince April 1, 2008, if you are found guilty of an
excessive speeding offence, the offence will
count against you for the next 10 years
. This
means that if you commit one or more excessive
speeding offences within ten years after your
conviction, you will receive harsher penalties.
http://www.saaq.gouv.qc.ca/publicati...e_speeding.pdf
thats not if u killed some1, thats just for simple act of speeding..
'dangerous offender' themed status for 'speeding'
Old 02-16-2009, 08:44 PM   #21
Boss17
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by crossfire291 View Post
driving is a privilege....simple concept, use common sense. if it was a "right" you would just be able to go in and tell them to give you a license, but you have to go and "apply" by witting a test, and if you dont pass you dont have the right to have your license.

you can also walk to work, or ride a bicycle, or take public transit. simple! if you live to far away, move closer to where you work. i had to walk everywhere for 2 months cause my car needed fixed and i didnt have the cash. if it was your right to drive and have a car, the govt would pay to fix your car. they would also have to buy you a car if you wanted to use your right to drive.

driving is a privilege. bottom line.
Again on your driving is a privilege rant. Sounds like you've been indoctrinated and just keep regurgitating the same bs which ignorant people seem to spew. You think it's a privilege because I had to take a test to get my license and i have the option to walk or ride my bike? are you being serious?

You must be all for the new street racing law where they can impound your car on the spot. Even though the infraction should have no tie to my personal property; which i worked hard to attain. I'm not even gonna get into my right to due process.

Your points are infantile and without merit. You would be the perfect candidate to be screwed by the very laws which you seem to hold in such high regard. I'm sorry but driving is not a privilege, not when people can't afford to live downtown (due to tax hikes and inflated property values). So therefore, many of us NEED to commute from where we live.

Even when looking up the word privilege, it's defined as a right. However, this debate is an endless one. You will always find differing responses but the way I see it, it's a right. If it were a privilege, our licenses could be revoked at anytime for any given reason, which we all know is not the case.
Old 02-16-2009, 09:11 PM   #22
bmdbley'sBro

-

you know its a bad law when the cops can't even follow it themselves!
Quote:
Brant OPP officer charged with street racing
Allegedly doing 165 km/h while on duty

http://www.ottawasun.com/News/Nation...0/8336631.html
#2 or have there been more i just didn't read about?
Old 02-16-2009, 09:35 PM   #23
erikIS
bigcock

drug dealers driving E46 325CIs.. lololool
erikIS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2009, 09:57 PM   #24
TNation
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by erikIS View Post
drug dealers driving E46 325CIs.. lololool

ahahhahahahaah
TNation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2009, 10:07 PM   #25
bmdbley'sBro

-

so they passed some similar type draconian bs in florida
except i think its got a Felony tacked onto it somewhere

so check out what some off duty cops do when they get pulled over speeding excessively
Quote:
Deputy Smiles In Mug Shot After Fleeing Police
Wednesday, February 11, 2009 updated: 5:44 pm EST February 11, 2009

VOLUSIA COUNTY, Fla. -- The man grinning in his mug shot is a Volusia County deputy and he's accused of taking local cops on a high-speed chase with his motorcycle. It all started when Edgewater police tried to pull over deputies Omar Lopez and Austin Littleton.

Police said the deputies were speeding and driving recklessly on their motorcycles,

http://www.wftv.com/news/18691350/detail.html

they Fled
Old 02-17-2009, 10:43 AM   #26
Blades
Your opinion is to long

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmdbley'sBro View Post
-

so they passed some similar type draconian bs in florida
except i think its got a Felony tacked onto it somewhere

so check out what some off duty cops do when they get pulled over speeding excessively

they Fled
super troopers?!?!?!

All it takes is one bad day to reduce the sanest man alive to lunacy. Thats how far the world is from where i am. just one bad day. - Unknown
Blades is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009, 03:54 PM   #27
biginstreets
bitches love me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boss17 View Post

are you kidding? which laws are infringing on your rights? If it infringed on your rights, it wouldn't be a law. Driving is a privilege that can be revoked at any given time without notice or your consent. Before you sign stuff, maybe you should read the details of what and why you're signing it.

And no, you don't need your car. You want it because it makes your life easier. You unwisely chose to live too far from where you work. Those who depend solely on their vehicle as transport to get them to and from work probably should have thought more about purchasing the vehicle in the first place.

Yes, I love the police. They are there when I need and still there when I don't but at least they are there. When you're driving, if you're constantly looking all around for cops, you're dumb. Stop with illegal activities and you too, can enjoy the company of those sworn to protect us. And no, I don't bend over for them. It's called co-operation. "May I search your car?" - Officer ..."You may." - Me. It's that simple. I have nothing to hide. I'm not a kid, I'm a grown man. At some point (hopefully), you'll grow up and realize you're not as smart as you think you are, you can't drive as well as you think you can and if you break the law and get caught, you will be punished.
biginstreets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009, 04:22 PM   #28
Axxe
Over 9 F**KING THOUSAND!!

Quote:
are you kidding? which laws are infringing on your rights? If it infringed on your rights, it wouldn't be a law. Driving is a privilege that can be revoked at any given time without notice or your consent. Before you sign stuff, maybe you should read the details of what and why you're signing it.

And no, you don't need your car. You want it because it makes your life easier. You unwisely chose to live too far from where you work. Those who depend solely on their vehicle as transport to get them to and from work probably should have thought more about purchasing the vehicle in the first place.

Yes, I love the police. They are there when I need and still there when I don't but at least they are there. When you're driving, if you're constantly looking all around for cops, you're dumb. Stop with illegal activities and you too, can enjoy the company of those sworn to protect us. And no, I don't bend over for them. It's called co-operation. "May I search your car?" - Officer ..."You may." - Me. It's that simple. I have nothing to hide. I'm not a kid, I'm a grown man. At some point (hopefully), you'll grow up and realize you're not as smart as you think you are, you can't drive as well as you think you can and if you break the law and get caught, you will be punished.
The law that confiscates your car on the spot without due trial.

Other than that, I've never been bothered by cops unless I deserved it (drifting on the street, driving on r-comps, headlight out, etc).

S52|ZF|TRM Coilovers 670/895|Staggered 18" 5's
Axxe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009, 04:59 PM   #29
Fel
Not Banned

There is something wrong with cops taking your vehicle from you without trial... I'll agree with that. It's their misguided way of making us comply. Right or wrong, it's currently the law we must follow.

Driving is a privilege, not a right. If you think otherwise, you are probably a little spoiled and think you are above society's laws. Someone living in the city doesn't need a car to live their lives, there is a transit system in place to help them. If your living and working situation is such that you require a vehicle, then it's probably best that you follow the rules outlined for you when you are given your license. That license is given to you under a predetermined set of circumstances, and it is your own responsibility to follow them. If you can't follow them and lose your driving privileges, you have no one to blame but yourself.

I'm not saying I don't speed, and I'm not saying I don't break the laws put forth by the HTA. But if I am caught breaking those rules, I have no right to complain. It's not like they trick you into breaking the laws. You know full well what they are, and unfortunately you have to live by them. If you don't want to.... well, the consequences are all very clearly outlined, so feel free to look them over.

****ing people with their ****ing excuses....
Old 02-18-2009, 05:43 PM   #30
Boss17
6th Gear Member

Quote:

Laws being infringed upon is my right to due process and my right to personal property. I think you need to read a bit more carefully because there needs to be due cause for your license to be revoked (loss of too many points, impaired driving, etc). They cannot just take it away from you, do you realize what an uproar that would cause?

With that being said, i should have thought about moving to toronto? Why? Were you going to pay the excessive mortgage cost for me? lol. Fact of the matter is, we have suburbs because not everyone can afford to live in the city. Only problem with the suburb is the distance issue. Nothing is accessible, therefore we require some mode of transportation; a car. So I need my car to be able to provide a living for myself and function as an active member in our society.

I understand we have rules of the road, that is what I was tested on and received my license for. Had I not passed these tests, I would not be licensed and consequently I would not have a car. I'm not contesting that speeding is ok or anything of that nature. The root of this entire argument is that it's become more and more apparent that cops abuse their power and single out the youth who have nice cars.

You said you were older, perhaps this is why you can't relate to what I'm saying. Don't patronize me and tell me I need to grow up because I think you need to step back and take a look at things from the youths perspective. I have this bitterness for the older generation (40+ sorry to some members, i'm sure you don't apply) and the ways in which they think and approach various situations. You've got these biases and preconceived notions about the youth of today and that only goes to support these cops in the profiling which they already do.

I've experienced a great deal of profiling by cops and I'm not even a visible minority, nor have a ever conducted and illegal activities. But see you automatically assumed I was some sort of drug dealer or involved with something illegal. Speaks very poorly on your judgment.

And if an officer asks to search your car and you agree, power to you. You must love giving up your rights left right and center. Not to mention you must have a tonne of time on your hands which you don't give much value to. But to each is own. You're entitled to your opinions and I to mine. Just sad to see the way some people reason and think.

Last edited by Boss17; 02-18-2009 at 05:47 PM.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: