Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > Misc > Off-topic
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 02-15-2009, 07:54 PM   #1
bmdbley'sBro
wouldu like some tinfoil?

god damned speeding laws vid - rant 2009 an opinion piece!

~
yep the ultra vague, totaly at the discression of the officer, massively expensive,
freedom crushing speed laws

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZR5PUF82Gxc

you tell yourself you know its eventually going to happen,
you do this to lessen the blow of something you perceive as a definite, i'm sure it still stings though

^ I tell myself that cause to me i feel things have changed over the last decade.
I perhaps personally feel this because of getting pulled over often & routinely to be asked important things like: your exhaust sounds loud, to i want to see if your headlights are blue,
to do you have any guns or drugs in the car to whre u going what u doin?
again over a decade & with different cars, so its a pattern (theirs)!

1 example last winter i got stopped & the 1st thing the young looking cop said to me was:
YOU MUST BE A CRIMINAL! DRIVING THIS CAR!
I said: Must i be officer? and what crime must i b guilty of driving a 12yr old car worth $4K?
The convo ended with him saying "you drive a car like this you want attention"
why i never filleda written complaint is beyond me, to busy living to even be bothered i guess?
got a plethora of stories just like!

but my point is i drove alot & i noticed this massive increase in Traffic enforcement over the years
all the while crime rates are going up, patrols in certian hoods went down. immigrants & citizens were hang'n on corners all hours slang'n something & no cop seemed to pull up on them as they were there for over a year, everynight -even after the buses stopped. you read about more shootings, more violence over petty amounts, more corruption, cops getting charged: assault, crack - theft & usage, breach of trust. and the gov hired more traffic cops to write more muffler tickets? realizing their mistake they make speeding a $$$ huge revenue generator by passing rediculous laws that go against facts, tolerance & freedom!?

THEY CRIMINALIZE teh Speeding,,, anyways u all know this & im ranting.

what am i ranting about again? oh yeah.
Loss of Freedoms via a loss of free mobility with u at the control of ur own vehicle & u feeling stomped by the system once again. anyways im sure some hollier then thou 'Cee u Next Tues' types will chime in with their pro party ideologies & mantra's: its a 'privilege '
yeah read above u sure would feel privileged, privileged to be $odomized at some1 elses whim
cause if you'll kindly remember the law is so vague that the cop can say whatever he wants.
and then u ur hard earned money & ur lawyer can figure it all out later. we don't even have dash mounted cams on cop cars up here!
geez I shoulda just copied & pasted from older threads on the same subject, i wrote all this (a prediction)

anyways i type drove cause i don't see how one could possibly hope to keep their licence while owning a bmw or nice car in this new age/ environment of 'lets get em'. speeding - again don't matter if u was or wasn't cause its the officers sole decision! and thats the part of the problem - will the cops harrass me for owning nice cars, should i even buy one. a truely free fkn utopian society we're creating here I feel free! free to take my chances out there, pull the lever on that slot machine as it were.

Its really funny how i rolled in a Toyota for the last 7+ months with no issues
but seem to get it once a month on average in the bimmer. same driving style
wow! i think its a pattern

profiling sucks, harrasment sucks, putting some lawyers kids through college sucks. always having to be in a state of anxiety & legitimate paranoia whenever i leave my residence to Drive somwhere due to unjust panic laws that will financially destroy some people, that you have no Recourse against - sucks! and may be a violation of the charter!? I sure think it is! i read some of the 1st 1's charged in ontario are pushing it as a violation of their charter rights

i still wonder if any canadian veterans of afghanistan (young guys) that lost friends & saw actual combat 'for our freedom' have experienced this law yet? i'd love to read their opinion
and again im sure some hollier then thou 'Cee u Next Tues' types will chime in with their pro party ideologies & mantra's: its a 'privilege ' yeah read above u sure would feel privileged, privileged to be $odomized at some1 elses whim, cause these laws are whacked (ont & qc)

this is an opinion piece! the opinion of a guy in his 30's that thinks shit has changed for the worse

Last edited by bmdbley'sBro; 02-15-2009 at 08:16 PM.
bmdbley'sBro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2009, 08:09 PM   #2
hadesm5
6th Gear Member

how many times are you going to post that annoying vid
Old 02-15-2009, 09:50 PM   #3
erikIS
bigcock

i want to punch you in the face for listening to that shit music
erikIS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2009, 11:52 PM   #4
Boss17
6th Gear Member

I took the time to read a bit of your rant and couldn't help but agree with you on a few points. It's become very clear that cops target people in well kept modified cars. They automatically assume we've done something wrong. I think Bmdbley's intention is to raise some sort of awareness as far as this profiling goes.

I used to own a mercedes which was just lowered and on rims (amg's which is OEM) and I had been pulled over a total of 6 times in that car. I'd never done anything wrong, just driving and enjoying my car. Same thing seems to happen in my BMW now. So do I sympathize with the OP, damn right I do.

I thought as a board, a bmw community, we would be able to collectively do something about this issue. Hell, make it stretch even further by telling your friends and family. It's become evident that petitions and things like that just don't work. We need to actually do something about it. We need to stop thinking in a self-interested manner and cohesively do something about this.

Those of you who haven't been harassed or affected by this, don't worry you will be. And when that happens you'll be just as enraged. I know there have been quite a few of us on here that have been harassed for a multitude of reasons, isn't it time we figure out a way to do something about it?
1996 BMW 328is- SOLD
1998 Mercedes-Benz E430- SOLD
1990 Ford Probe Turbo- SOLD
Boss17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2009, 12:32 AM   #5
erikIS
bigcock

thats funny because I havent been pulled over in my modified evo9 once.. he was doing doing 40 over
erikIS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2009, 02:45 AM   #6
Euro_7
3rd Gear Member

once some guy in a 745 passed me on the left doing about 100 in a 50, this is at pinevalley driving up to islington, and suddenly pop his right front tire blew, he lost control and almost went off the small bridge just before the lights on islington & pinevalley. If you wanna speed, do it somewhere where you cant hurt people minding their own business, because really anything can happen when your doing 100+

However, i do agree with you on the profiling, its happened to me. Funny thing is the cop saw my sticker had expired (by a month) out of all the other cars waiting at the traffic light, and there have been other instances as well
Old 02-16-2009, 09:36 AM   #7
Blades
Your opinion is to long

I dont know what your babbling about. You were pulled over for a legitimate reason and it looks like the law is working for the most part. Yes there is profiling and harassment .. its a good thing you have a camera for those times but I didn't see any in the video you posted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmdbley'sBro View Post

i still wonder if any canadian veterans of afghanistan (young guys) that lost friends & saw actual combat 'for our freedom' have experienced this law yet? i'd love to read their opinion
and again im sure some hollier then thou 'Cee u Next Tues' types will chime in with their pro party ideologies & mantra's: its a 'privilege ' yeah read above u sure would feel privileged, privileged to be $odomized at some1 elses whim, cause these laws are whacked (ont & qc)
Are you ****ing serious?? they have way MORE things to worry about including real stupid laws of war like killing someone .. yes .. in war if you kill someone lets say without a gun (but did have a grenade before or what not) you can be court martial for the crime.

http://www.cbc.ca/canada/story/2009/...-petawawa.html

people are shooting at you and trying to kill you and you cant shoot back unless you have justification. How dumb is this law? he never even asked to be there .. its not his fight. Yet look what happens to our soldiers. **** Politicians .. they themselves should go to work if they want to fight it out and so should there children.

All it takes is one bad day to reduce the sanest man alive to lunacy. Thats how far the world is from where i am. just one bad day. - Unknown
Blades is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2009, 11:59 AM   #8
Manimillion
Photographer

That's a nice cop, reduced it to 85 in a 60 right away. She is just doing her job, the limit is posted. Riverside and Heron is a high collision intersection, one of the highest in Ottawa, there has been 2-3 fatal accidents there in the past 2 years, so it is understandable. And there is always speed traps around there.
Old 02-16-2009, 12:26 PM   #9
z3frog
1st Gear Newbie

Yes I'd agree there's some profiling involved, but shouldn't we be setting a good example and not speeding?
I acutally expect people who drive nice cars to be responsible drivers on public roads. If I see a ricer speeding, I just go "meh". They're idiots anyway. But if I saw something nice speeding, the man's definitely not stupid if he can afford a Ferrari... so why is he doing something stupid like breaking the law?
No offense, but sometimes I see why BMW drivers get a bad name...
z3frog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2009, 12:46 PM   #10
damameke
6th Gear Member

I believed cars are possessed !!!

Once you get in.. you became a different person, thats why I say a prayer before
I start the ignition.

Honestly, do you feel different when you are behind a wheel? When one is younger
you thrive on speed, the fine and penalty should discourage one from going over 150km
but it has not been(recent stats proved that in the news)

Last summer, I saw a white SR8 at a high rate of speed along 401/Dixie cutting in and out across 3 lanes, I believed he was possessed. thats reckless driving.

I see BMW drivers are more responsible than a Civic driver.

I used to ask; "why this that corvette driving so slow?, and said to myself..if its me driving..I would have been long gone", now I realised that even with the power they are just driving responsibly.

We grow up, speed is for the track.
damameke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2009, 12:48 PM   #11
Boss17
6th Gear Member

I agree, that the OP was at fault in the video. However, I completely agree with the profiling aspect. As I mentioned before, i've been pulled over too many times for no reason what so ever.

I'm actually in the process of fighting a speeding ticket where I wasn't even speeding. I saw the cop from the light I was stopped at and I even switched to the slow lane. The officer clocked a mini van which was passing me and he flagged me down. Some of you may think i'm delusional by saying this but it's the truth. I had no reason to speed, I saw the cop and I knew the speed limit in that area cause my cousin got a ticket there before (plus it's a well known radar spot).

I digress, it just seems as though cops are abusing their power. The other night when I was grabbing a coffee from timmies, some dude in a VW Corrado was grabbing something with his gf (i assume it was his gf). Either way, the kid pulls out nice and slow and heads toward durham college. What happens? Cop going the opposite way sees his car, pulls a U-turn and pulls the kid over. It's shit like that which I'm tired of.

If you pull me over, do it for something legitimate.
1996 BMW 328is- SOLD
1998 Mercedes-Benz E430- SOLD
1990 Ford Probe Turbo- SOLD
Boss17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2009, 01:14 PM   #12
craigIS
A.K.A. crossfire291

Send a message via MSN to craigIS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blades View Post
I dont know what your babbling about. You were pulled over for a legitimate reason and it looks like the law is working for the most part. Yes there is profiling and harassment .. its a good thing you have a camera for those times but I didn't see any in the video you posted.

Are you ****ing serious?? they have way MORE things to worry about including real stupid laws of war like killing someone .. yes .. in war if you kill someone lets say without a gun (but did have a grenade before or what not) you can be court martial for the crime.

http://www.cbc.ca/canada/story/2009/...-petawawa.html

people are shooting at you and trying to kill you and you cant shoot back unless you have justification. How dumb is this law? he never even asked to be there .. its not his fight. Yet look what happens to our soldiers. **** Politicians .. they themselves should go to work if they want to fight it out and so should there children.
Blades - well said.

bmdbley'sBro - there is nothing wrong with what the officer did. the officer ran across 3 lanes of traffic cuz you were being dangerous driving like that. if you werent breaking the law, the officer might not have had to run across lanes of traffic. the law is the law, and until it is changed, its gonna be the same. i dont see you doing anything about how you got treated in this vid. and i dont see you making a petition for this law to have something done about it.

since this new law came into effect. i have been charged under it. why? cuz i dont do anywhere close to 50km over, all so i dont endanger other ppl and dont get charged under the heavy new laws.

flickr
craigIS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2009, 04:25 PM   #13
biginstreets
bitches love me!

you do not have the right to drive. its a privilege that you must apply for. by applying for a license, you are asking permission to drive and therefore agree to their terms and conditions. stop crying because you break their terms and conditions and get caught.

i <3 the police. yes, i get pulled over all the time because for some reason, drug dealers and criminals alike drive a similar car to mine. I dont mind getting pulled over, its an inconvenience yes, but i have nothing to worry about. dont break the law. its there for a reason. obey it or stop driving. i hope its the latter.

Last edited by biginstreets; 02-16-2009 at 04:28 PM.
biginstreets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2009, 05:02 PM   #14
doogee
Stance is Gay.

Send a message via MSN to doogee
Quote:
Originally Posted by biginstreets View Post
you do not have the right to drive. its a privilege that you must apply for. by applying for a license, you are asking permission to drive and therefore agree to their terms and conditions. stop crying because you break their terms and conditions and get caught.

i <3 the police. yes, i get pulled over all the time because for some reason, drug dealers and criminals alike drive a similar car to mine. I dont mind getting pulled over, its an inconvenience yes, but i have nothing to worry about. dont break the law. its there for a reason. obey it or stop driving. i hope its the latter.
/thread

Dakar M3 Track Build Thread
doogee is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2009, 05:15 PM   #15
TNation
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boss17 View Post
I took the time to read a bit of your rant and couldn't help but agree with you on a few points. It's become very clear that cops target people in well kept modified cars. They automatically assume we've done something wrong. I think Bmdbley's intention is to raise some sort of awareness as far as this profiling goes.

I used to own a mercedes which was just lowered and on rims (amg's which is OEM) and I had been pulled over a total of 6 times in that car. I'd never done anything wrong, just driving and enjoying my car. Same thing seems to happen in my BMW now. So do I sympathize with the OP, damn right I do.

I thought as a board, a bmw community, we would be able to collectively do something about this issue. Hell, make it stretch even further by telling your friends and family. It's become evident that petitions and things like that just don't work. We need to actually do something about it. We need to stop thinking in a self-interested manner and cohesively do something about this.

Those of you who haven't been harassed or affected by this, don't worry you will be. And when that happens you'll be just as enraged. I know there have been quite a few of us on here that have been harassed for a multitude of reasons, isn't it time we figure out a way to do something about it?
so true
modified cars i've owned before have caused me to be pulled over several times for no reason.
TNation is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: