Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > Misc > Off-topic
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 02-12-2009, 01:24 AM   #46
BMW_7
Econobimmer Racing

Send a message via AIM to BMW_7 Send a message via MSN to BMW_7

This is why im applying for Masters now... in a different country... Sorry Canada. Thanks for education, thanks for the citizenship and good standing, and hope you get buried under more snow & world's reject immigrants & taxes & SHIT.......................rant over :/

Helprace, a helpdesk & community platform
BMW_7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2009, 01:31 AM   #47
lvan
6th Gear Member

Send a message via MSN to lvan
^ The best write up ever. No offence to anyone. You just missed 404/dvp bridge over 401. Every morning at 6AM , the traffic is so so bad there. In 2-3 years, you will burn whole gas tank to make it to downtown lol.
lvan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2009, 01:42 AM   #48
Euro_7
3rd Gear Member

i agree bmw 7, im getting my education and getting out of here. Why would i want to raise my kids in such a environment. I want them to have friends, learn to do stuff, not dred going to school and having to get a job when their 13 to even be able to play..
Old 02-12-2009, 03:16 AM   #49
magnus
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axxe View Post
You speak english?

Offhorse i spilk inglish! Thats umpossible!!!!
I am edumicated you now!

"Lo there do I see my father.
Lo there do I see my mother.
Lo there do I see my brothers and my sisters.
Lo there do I see the line of my people back to the beginning.
Lo they do call to me
they bid me take my place among them in the Halls of Valhalla,
where the brave may live forever"
magnus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2009, 10:20 AM   #50
sirex
King Sirex

Man BMW 7 thats like the most depressing thing Ive ever read. Our city has alot of problems, like any other city in the world. Its not perfect.

I think Toronto is great, but its also what you make of it. People are shy, its a different culture, its not European. But if you give them a chance, and maybe open up to them, I think you will find that most people have just as many interesting things to say, as you do.

TTC, taxes, etc, they are expensive in every big city.
Old 02-12-2009, 10:56 AM   #51
TheMadChigga
Taiwan Panda Racing Unit.

Send a message via ICQ to TheMadChigga Send a message via AIM to TheMadChigga Send a message via MSN to TheMadChigga
Quote:
Originally Posted by sirex View Post
When you went to China did you deviate from the main propaganda cities? Did you go to the villages? Where in china did u go?

If you went to a north korean city, Im sure you would say the same thing. Its all a facade to give u the impression that their life is great and that communism is great. Dont get me wrong China is doing great, they have 300 million people that are considered Middle class citizens, meaning they live as well, as most of us do. But thats not the whole picture. And 300 million from 1.3 billion is 1/4 the population. Whats the other 1 billion doing? liivng on that 200y a month? And where does a goverment sustain such an insanly high payout?

I would find it hard to believe any information that comes out from chinas media/etc. Also if everything is so great and easy there why are so many Chinese people coming to USA and Canada? (dont take this the wrong way, Im just saying that if its better then it is here, why is it that the largest majority of immigrants are Chinese.?)
- China's communist isn't the same as North Korean communism, people in North Korea is just plain ****ed up and brain washed to death. They control certain aspect of the media, but generally they don't care as much as you'd think.

-I've been thru most of China, the only parts I havn't been are the Mongolian region and the region where in Simplified Mandarin is called 广西壮族自治区. My work puts me at times need to see factories, there are probably over 1/2 million factories in China, did you know most of Brembo's calipers are made in China?

- The government can look after their people is mainly due to PROPER management, there's more than a trillion dollar USD worth of goods being exported per year, probably close to another trillion worth of goods being sold domestically per year. They have strict policies regarding government department, the people caused the problematic milk powder issue was executed, the officials that took bride got sent to prison for 45 yrs, some got executed as well. They manage the country pretty well with 1.3 billion people.

The unemployment is relatively low, mainly cause people don't mind working as other jobs, kinda like Netherlands.

- 90% people come to North America is for education, they don't stay, the main people stay here are ones moved to here from other countries/areas 10yrs or longer ago.
Old 02-12-2009, 11:11 AM   #52
TNation
Banned

there's lots of other places in Canada you guys can live.
Toronto really isn't that bad. Go live in a shithole like Regina or Winnipeg, or worse, Surrey. Traffic into Vancouver from outside Vancouver is almost as bad as Toronto traffic, but is all one or two lanes to get downtown over freaking bridges. Toronto is what you make of it, truly. Lots to do here, nice nightlife, lots of lakes and rivers, lots of people, and a decently clean city for its size. Calgary in comparison sucks so bad compared to Toronto IMO, because there is nothing to do besides ski there in the winter. Every skihill I went to in the Rockies, no one said a word to each other, so I'm not sure what BMW_7 is going on about, and trust me, I went out 25-30 times per season to all the RCR resorts and more. Toronto is what you make of it, and yeah if the good education but terribly monotonous 9-5 life bores you, well then maybe you shouldn't live here. It's truly up to you. I will say, the new taxes and garbage they are introducing is terrible, its something that prevents people from spending, which is what the economy needs.
I agree with BMW_7 on multiple levels though:
- We have reject immigrants and an immigration problem
- The government overtaxes our citizens
- Our culture is really way too fast, we should maybe slow it down like Europe (but unfortunately this isn't possible)
- Traffic is absolutely brutal
- Life is repetitive if you have a 9-5 job
- Snow is terrible and doesn't stop in the winter haha

Last edited by TNation; 02-12-2009 at 11:14 AM.
TNation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2009, 11:13 AM   #53
BMW_7
Econobimmer Racing

You could tell I exaggarated things. but I guess that's just me. I can't tolerate cities for more than 10 years at a time

Old 02-12-2009, 11:22 AM   #54
BMW_7
Econobimmer Racing

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMadChigga View Post
- 90% people come to North America is for education, they don't stay, the main people stay here are ones moved to here from other countries/areas 10yrs or longer ago.
Main issue is that many don't want to leave their families behind..

But I can attest to that.. If I think back to university years and see how many (mostly asian exchange students) actually stayed in Toronto. Maybe 3 or so? out of 10?

I also met a guy from Bonn who's doing research work at U of T. He's been here over a month and been around the city.. Yet he says he wouldn't want to live here.

Old 02-12-2009, 11:35 AM   #55
jstalin
capitalism=crisis

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMadChigga View Post
- China's communist isn't the same as North Korean communism, people in North Korea is just plain ****ed up and brain washed to death. They control certain aspect of the media, but generally they don't care as much as you'd think.

-I've been thru most of China, the only parts I havn't been are the Mongolian region and the region where in Simplified Mandarin is called 广西壮族自治区. My work puts me at times need to see factories, there are probably over 1/2 million factories in China, did you know most of Brembo's calipers are made in China?

- The government can look after their people is mainly due to PROPER management, there's more than a trillion dollar USD worth of goods being exported per year, probably close to another trillion worth of goods being sold domestically per year. They have strict policies regarding government department, the people caused the problematic milk powder issue was executed, the officials that took bride got sent to prison for 45 yrs, some got executed as well. They manage the country pretty well with 1.3 billion people.

The unemployment is relatively low, mainly cause people don't mind working as other jobs, kinda like Netherlands.

hooray for communism
Old 02-12-2009, 12:01 PM   #56
rendered
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Euro_7 View Post
i hope Canada can start looking at the families they are giving welfare money to. i volunteered at a school that my mom works at, and from talking to the families of the kids some of them do need it. But some others, for example, mother and father work cash, get welfare money, daughter works as well. Another family i know, has dual citizenship, they are getting welfare from the US and Canada, and have 3 kids that are 16+years old and can get a job.

Last week i had to give some kid $2.50 to buy a pizza because his mother doesnt have enough money to provide him with a lunch, so after school i was waiting with him for his mother to pick him up after school...some lady rolls up in a dark grey audi S5 with red leather seats, and opens the door. First i didint know who she was but the kid told me his mom is here...so i asked to speak with her and told her straight up, i just bought ur kid lunch today beacuse you didint make him one and got my $2.50 back.

This is part of the problem, that people are scamming every one of us and are getting along better than us hard working people. This and the ahole miller.
Thats unreal!! I'm glad you called her out! Was she an immigrant? or born here?

For god sakes, people have to learn how to take care of their kids before spending money on themselves they probably don't have in the first place (credit)

And out of all cars, she shows up with a brand new S5?! LOL Its easier for me to find R8's or S8's than it is to buy an S5 on todays market.
rendered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2009, 01:02 PM   #57
dtthiaga
6th Gear Member

I can't stand this either.

There's a few Ukraine or Russian families living in Ontario subsided housing, driving BMW/Benzís, most likely in their kids names.

There are people who could really uses these programs, but these guys just sit there and take advantage of it.

Worst, I think someone is renting out their place.
dtthiaga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2009, 01:20 PM   #58
punnzzells
Banned

Send a message via MSN to punnzzells Send a message via Yahoo to punnzzells
I don't care about any other cities, I live in Toronto....that's my reality.

The fact of saying compared to Sydney and New York... is like a bunch of guys sitting around comparing their calks.... I don't give a shit... I am not going to use his calk, your calk... I only care about mine.

Fact is Miller has bled this city... .that dumb cunt McGuinty gave the city the ability to TAX at will and they do... who the fuk needs 3 million for trees? Where are you going to plant them... in the middle of the street? Why not ask the question... why are tree's dying.. why is there so much pollution... why do we need soooo many social programs that cover and dodge serious issues in the media?
punnzzells is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2009, 01:30 PM   #59
rendered
6th Gear Member

I'd like for someone with enough recognition in Toronto/Ontario to have the balls enough to SPEAK UP and ask Mr. Mayor right out, "In todays struggling economy, where many middle class families who've lost jobs and are on the verge of starving, how can you justify a 2% pay increase to your already sufficient salary?"

*How is that fair to the Toronto Citizens who are barely surviving and whom recently lost their jobs?

I'd like him to publicaly answer that

If anything, shouldn't the wealthy Elite people of Toronto be taking minor cuts rather than shoving it to the middle and lower class citizens first?

Last edited by rendered; 02-12-2009 at 02:55 PM.
rendered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2009, 02:50 PM   #60
TNation
Banned

I hate Dalton Mcguinty. Who the **** voted for that chump? he won a Majority government in 07 if you can believe that.
TNation is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: