Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > Misc > Off-topic
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 02-11-2009, 09:00 PM   #31
sirex
King Sirex

hows whitby considered GTA?

GTA is like York, Missasuage, Scarbrough.
Old 02-11-2009, 09:28 PM   #32
new_e46
3rd Gear Member

I think ahole Miller should leave office. Ever since he got elected as the Mayor of TO. It made our city worse. So many freaking restrictions and tax increases. We might as well be in a communist city. What's next ahole Miller....more tax increase?
new_e46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 09:47 PM   #33
TheMadChigga
Taiwan Panda Racing Unit.

Send a message via ICQ to TheMadChigga Send a message via AIM to TheMadChigga Send a message via MSN to TheMadChigga
Quote:
Originally Posted by sirex View Post
The poor here dont live the same as the poor in china.

The poor in china work as slaves for 1 dollar a day. And barely survive.
The poor in canada work make at least minimum, get benefits from the government, and can raise a family and not starve to death.
Man, you oughta go to China to see things for yourself.

The poor do not work as slaves for 1 dollar a day, the minimum wage for a farmer is about 500 YMB/month, equivalent of $80 USD, people in factory makes about 1000YMB up to 2000YMB per month. But you know what? the cost of living is relatively low as well, its easy to feed a family of four with about 200YMB/ month.

There's rarely family starve to death in China, if you are currently unemployee, the government will pay you 200YMB/month per person.

Like others said, the North American poors live behind pile of debt, 1/2 of shit that is sold today in North America is bought on credits, not with real money, all these houses built like ****ing matchboxes are bought with mortgages, car payments, credit cards to pay off other credit cards.

Go live in other part of the world first to see how messed up North America's consumers are.
Old 02-11-2009, 09:56 PM   #34
ProStreetDriver
The Real Transporter

Send a message via MSN to ProStreetDriver
i live in Grand Bend and as some of you may know its a summer party town. well the town is redoing the beach and to pay for it they raised to taxes. but they're only doing the beach and yet the rest of the town looks like shit!
ProStreetDriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 10:05 PM   #35
ChrisTO
∞ Gear Member

Scarborough is part of City of Toronto since the 1998 amalgamation! Where did you crawl out from?

GTA consists of 4 regions including Toronto itself. The four regions are:
Halton, Peel, York, and Durham.

Whitby resides within the Region of Durham.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirex View Post
hows whitby considered GTA?

GTA is like York, Missasuage, Scarbrough.
Old 02-11-2009, 10:18 PM   #36
sirex
King Sirex

damn thats nuts. I thought GTA was Toronto, and what I mentioned.
going to Whitbys is like going to Barrie, well sorta... oh well.

I didn't consider scarborough part of toronto. but thats for other reasons haha

Last edited by sirex; 02-11-2009 at 10:26 PM.
sirex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 10:33 PM   #37
sirex
King Sirex

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMadChigga View Post

The poor do not work as slaves for 1 dollar a day, the minimum wage for a farmer is about 500 YMB/month, equivalent of $80 USD, people in factory makes about 1000YMB up to 2000YMB per month. But you know what? the cost of living is relatively low as well, its easy to feed a family of four with about 200YMB/ month.

There's rarely family starve to death in China, if you are currently unemployee, the government will pay you 200YMB/month per person.

Like others said, the North American poors live behind pile of debt, 1/2 of shit that is sold today in North America is bought on credits, not with real money, all these houses built like ****ing matchboxes are bought with mortgages, car payments, credit cards to pay off other credit cards.

Go live in other part of the world first to see how messed up North America's consumers are.

When you went to China did you deviate from the main propaganda cities? Did you go to the villages? Where in china did u go?

If you went to a north korean city, Im sure you would say the same thing. Its all a facade to give u the impression that their life is great and that communism is great. Dont get me wrong China is doing great, they have 300 million people that are considered Middle class citizens, meaning they live as well, as most of us do. But thats not the whole picture. And 300 million from 1.3 billion is 1/4 the population. Whats the other 1 billion doing? liivng on that 200y a month? And where does a goverment sustain such an insanly high payout?

I would find it hard to believe any information that comes out from chinas media/etc. Also if everything is so great and easy there why are so many Chinese people coming to USA and Canada? (dont take this the wrong way, Im just saying that if its better then it is here, why is it that the largest majority of immigrants are Chinese.?)
Old 02-11-2009, 11:03 PM   #38
daytona
6th Gear Member

Quote:
**** Keswick, that place is hick town, mother****er at gas station thought I don't speak English.
Blah hahaha..the most northern part I been within spitting distance of the GTA is Orangeville.....I thought it was all rednecks there but it looks like the Woodbridge people are heading north..of course this was 8 years ago.Its probably a mix of different backgrounds now.
Old 02-11-2009, 11:04 PM   #39
damameke
6th Gear Member

To teach Chuck Norris kung fu???
damameke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 11:10 PM   #40
dtthiaga
6th Gear Member

Quote:

The rest of the world does use Credit as well. US/Canada is not the only one.
Credit is totally fine, as long as you use it carefully. This tightening of credit is probably a good thing.

China has many problems. You don't own the land, but are given the right to build on it.
Building quality is poor, and they just knock down and rebuild every 20 years. Multiple families living in one household. Government owning everything is a huge problem.

Loans occur everywhere in the world.
dtthiaga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2009, 12:17 AM   #41
Euro_7
3rd Gear Member

i hope Canada can start looking at the families they are giving welfare money to. i volunteered at a school that my mom works at, and from talking to the families of the kids some of them do need it. But some others, for example, mother and father work cash, get welfare money, daughter works as well. Another family i know, has dual citizenship, they are getting welfare from the US and Canada, and have 3 kids that are 16+years old and can get a job.

Last week i had to give some kid $2.50 to buy a pizza because his mother doesnt have enough money to provide him with a lunch, so after school i was waiting with him for his mother to pick him up after school...some lady rolls up in a dark grey audi S5 with red leather seats, and opens the door. First i didint know who she was but the kid told me his mom is here...so i asked to speak with her and told her straight up, i just bought ur kid lunch today beacuse you didint make him one and got my $2.50 back.

This is part of the problem, that people are scamming every one of us and are getting along better than us hard working people. This and the ahole miller.
Old 02-12-2009, 12:27 AM   #42
Robb
EX E30 M3 Owner

Best topic... I totaly agree 100%. Toronto is the shiet.

Dont forget car insurance is a lot less out of the city too.
Robb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2009, 12:57 AM   #43
lvan
6th Gear Member

Send a message via MSN to lvan
Yah Mayor Miller too. He goes to Marbella on vacation. That places is expensive as hell. 10 euros for a botle of water. While an average Canadian sucker goes to Dominican, and thinks he had a blast on a shitty 7 day get away.
lvan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2009, 01:11 AM   #44
TNation
Banned

Toronto is getting to be a lot more expensive. But trust me, there's a lot lot more shittier cities in Canada.
Two things going against living here:
1) Property taxes are being raised/taxes and 13% tax
2) Car insurance is effing retarded and expensive. Why can't the gov't cap it like AB?
TNation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2009, 01:11 AM   #45
BMW_7
Econobimmer Racing

Send a message via AIM to BMW_7 Send a message via MSN to BMW_7
Over the past 12 years I've lived here it has just turned into a bigger and bigger pile of steaming shit. The subway and the public transit wasn't touched, (Don't tell me the Sheppard line.. what a bunch of useless shit).. The only thing was touched was the fares.. AND HOW, 3 ****ing dollars for a ****ing bus ride you cockwads!! the roads keep deteriorating, the traffic keeps getting worse, immigrants keep flowing into the city and clogging up the pigsty of a higway we call 401 with their left lane hogging and rubbernecking at every possible opprotunity, grinding everyone to a halt..

And the shit buildings in downtown get uglier and uglier. And now they're building a set of plastic condominium towers which will look JUST like the 1960s commie blocks that dominate Eastern Toronto, and lose their value just as fast. And nobody gives a **** either - yeah, great at destroying a shitty city, asswipes! Now that I think of it, how much damage can be done to a place that's already such a ****ing mess. What a mess Dundas Square has become.. Just turned into a typical vapid mall, and all the jocks from ajax and woodbridge come over there to stroke each other cocks at H & M, ****ing degenerates.

And then come the people... Ugh how horrible are the people.. I've lived in West Toronto for 6 months, I thought I was gonna get into a nice hustle bustle environment.. How wrong I was, and the novelty wore off in a week flat. And this was in the summer. Never seen such a depressing heard of losers to co-inhabitate with. Working here makes you feel like your in another country. Everyone is in their own little depressing world and all zombies here talk about here is real estate, how much this, how much that, and work. Thats if you can understand a freeking word anybodys saying. The work environment everywhere is 100% dismal. All the freeks here do is work work and go home and come back to scowl.

My theory is, these asswipe imigrats come from china, india and pakistan or whatever the ****. Yes I'll plead guilty too, the former communists and whoever else who are quite smart people but have been opressed by their host countries.. Now they try to make it up by "making it" in Canada and buy their bullshit material posessions and in the proccess becoming these lifeless zombies so ingrained into this monotomy that it makes me want to gouge my face repeatedly.

Went skiing the other day, its like the only place in the world where going up a chairlift nobody says a freeking word, ever. Skied all over the world, only here does it suck to be here. I mean ever. Why do people here ski if they hate it? The useless hill known as blue mountain is shit of course, but if you hate it so much stay at home and save your gas $. Toronthole truely is a land of total losers who do nothing but take it up the rear. Insurance, taxes, bullshit extra 5 cents for plastic bags, ****...

The only thing Toronto has for it is a diverse cuisine and probably Kensington Market.. Wait scratch that. Kensington Market is just a glorified ghetto with a bunch of Hippies. ****... (And the people are NOT diverse here! The only thing I've learned from multiculturalism is that it is NOT a culture unto itself. Therefore, Toronto culture=fail.)

Helprace, a helpdesk & community platform

Last edited by BMW_7; 02-12-2009 at 01:44 AM.
BMW_7 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: