Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > Misc > Off-topic
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 02-10-2009, 11:23 PM   #1
davericher20
black and blue

so I'm driving home Sat nite.............

with the girlfriend coming back from Oshawa picking up parts from richie999 and seeing old friends, bout 11pm on the 401 W before ajax when I see the car in front of me weaving in and out of its lane.
****in guy is SMASHED!
He changes lanes without signaling, cuts off the guy beside him, honks at the drunk.......
I get fed up and call *677 which is OPP and report the guy. They say, Leave my phone on.
I want to get on the 404 N but I can get on the 400 too so I keep following him, by this time he's cut in front of 3 people and still weaving in and out and not signalling.
Suprisingly he gets on the 400, perfect!
The cops finally call back and ask if I'm still following and say an officer is watching for us. I see the cop behind me so I tap the brakes a million times to get his attention, no dice. He doesn't see me and pulls over to look for us.
They call back and ask me where we are and I say Major Mack. The dispatch says to stay on the phone and relays all the info to the cop at the same time, by this time the guy has cut off 2 more people and is still weaving in and out of his lane.
They tell me to put my 4 ways on and get behind the guy so the cops know who to pull over. Finally I see the lights and get out of the way. Dispatch tells me to pull over too.
I'm elated, I just got a drunk off the road I'm thinkin. I go to my girlfriend and say "isnt this fun?!" She didn't think so, she was scared shitless for some reason lol.
The cop comes back to the car and up to the window and I say "so am I right?"
He says, "No, he's born in 1932 coming back from an anniversary dinner and he's really tired. Not a drop of alcohol in him."
My heart drops.

"I was sooooo convinced that he was smashed, he was driving crazy."

cop says, "you did good, and don't stop doing it, we need more people like you on the road."

DAMMIT! I would have felt so damn good if he was drunk. Oh well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JINT View Post
Some people have serious track experience from the cruise, so what is fast to you, isn't fast to them.
davericher20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 11:29 PM   #2
sirex
King Sirex

lol thats nuts.
Old 02-11-2009, 12:04 AM   #3
slemmer
Driving in the fast lane

The way that guy was driving it is good that you did what you did. Imagine if he did cause an accident and you didn't do anything about it.

'04 645cic
'05 GMC Sierra SLT Z71 CCSB 4x4
'00 740i Sport
slemmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 12:11 AM   #4
PinkieMoscow
Jumped up G'd up.

Okay, seriously, get the geezers off the road. I swear I'd drive closer to a drunk driver than I would a 80+ driver. It's so dangerous. I think if you're over the ago of 70 there should be a mandatory driving test every 10 years (paid by gov of course). No joke.
Old 02-11-2009, 12:34 AM   #5
Castel
4th Gear Member

good work on your part. I ****ing hate old people on the road. they drive the wrong way on highways, plow through store fronts... things only drunks do.

think of your average geriatric.. they have zero motor skills and yet we give them cars so they don't loose their "independence". **** that.. get them off the road.
Castel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 02:57 AM   #6
Fe9L
5th Gear Member

Why didnt you just give the info of the guy's car and went your way? instead of staying on the phone, or waiting for their call and putting on your 4way etc...

What if you had to go somewhere else then there will be a drunk driver on the road causing shit?? F*cking OPP!

The x-love:

Slamation Nation..Wesa
Fe9L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 04:10 AM   #7
Euro_7
3rd Gear Member

dont tell me he was driving a chrysler i think sebring
Old 02-11-2009, 08:58 AM   #8
MiroE36
6th Gear Member

good work

MiroE36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 09:01 AM   #9
Castel
4th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by vr6exy View Post
What if you had to go somewhere else then there will be a drunk driver on the road causing shit?? F*cking OPP!
And the OPP could magically catch them how? Sometimes people, like the OP, take time out of their day to prevent shit from happening.
Castel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 09:18 AM   #10
rendered
6th Gear Member

You guys hate the old people on the road, and the Old people on the road hate you young kids. Goes both ways.

Not all old people are bad drivers, Some I know were flying airplanes/jets, and driving tanks before you were all even born, and some still can out drive most people.

You gotta stick up for the old people sometimes. We wouldn't be here if it weren't for them. They could easily be your grandparents too.

I agree, some shouldn't be driving late at night, they don't see as well, and its close to their bed times. Most of them know better, travel during the day, relax at home during the evenings and nights.

On another note:

What I really hate are those morons who sit like ducks in the passing lanes, doing less than the speed limit, and they never move over, no matter who's behind them. Most of the time, I find, its always the foreigners. (maybe they pay for their licenses, or goto the driving schools who don't teach them the far left lane is for passing only and to move the hell over to the right?!)

Last edited by rendered; 02-11-2009 at 09:24 AM.
rendered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 10:18 AM   #11
TNation
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by rendered View Post
You guys hate the old people on the road, and the Old people on the road hate you young kids. Goes both ways.

Not all old people are bad drivers, Some I know were flying airplanes/jets, and driving tanks before you were all even born, and some still can out drive most people.

You gotta stick up for the old people sometimes. We wouldn't be here if it weren't for them. They could easily be your grandparents too.

I agree, some shouldn't be driving late at night, they don't see as well, and its close to their bed times. Most of them know better, travel during the day, relax at home during the evenings and nights.

On another note:

What I really hate are those morons who sit like ducks in the passing lanes, doing less than the speed limit, and they never move over, no matter who's behind them. Most of the time, I find, its always the foreigners. (maybe they pay for their licenses, or goto the driving schools who don't teach them the far left lane is for passing only and to move the hell over to the right?!)
i agree. some old people truly can drive decently. They don't speed. They just can be slow to merge and overly cautious when driving. But a 16 year old with buddies in his car is much much scarier of a driver IMO.
TNation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 10:24 AM   #12
topaz330ci
Bang Boom

YA slow ppl staying in the fast lane is so annoying, i passed one once in the slow lane, and i got a ticket. Now i know you cant pass in the slow lane, how stupid is that
topaz330ci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 10:31 AM   #13
daytona
6th Gear Member

come on people how about some respect for the older drivers,their reflexes are slower but they do drive within the speed limits.I have more issues with the young idiots who texting while driving or speeding down a residential street.The only problem I have with older drivers they hog the left passing lanes.By the way you did good by following the driver.The police could have issue a ticket for reckless driving but he/she didnt witness it so I'm assuming the driver got off with a warning.
Old 02-11-2009, 10:36 AM   #14
ericdalinda
6th Gear Member

i once got passed by a 90 year old lady swear to god she was doing like 140... i lold..

by the way my grandfather is Ken Block
ericdalinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 10:40 AM   #15
Fel
Not Banned

I'm all for old people and their rights, but there comes a time when they become a danger to others around them, and that needs to be controlled.

**** driving tests every 10 years... should be every 2!! Sure a lot of seniors are still able bodied and have their reflexes, but this can deteriorate very quickly. I can't tell you how many dings and scratches are on my grandmothers car from constantly hitting shit in parking lots. She does it all the time. A couple years ago we bought her a smaller more maneuverable car so that we could cut down on it, but it still doesn't help. Sadly, she still needs to get around, so we're not going to go and take her keys away... we don't see her do these things so it's hard to bring up. But the battle scars on the bumper speak for themselves.

If the government put it's foot down and started testing seniors (anyone over 65) by-annually, I'm sure we would cut down on accidents BIG TIME. Only problem is, they would need to put in place a viable public transit system. Some areas have that, many others don't.

And yes, teens are jsut as much a hazard as old people, but they have a lot of restrictions on them too. That's why we have a graduated licensing system. And the thing about teenage drivers is, they are learning and hopefully improving. In the case of seniors, it's always a slow and steady decline. They don't get better, only worse.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: