Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > Misc > Off-topic
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

View Poll Results: Playstation2 or XBOX ?
XBOX 17 36.96%
PS2 29 63.04%
Voters: 46. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-23-2003, 08:30 PM   #16
thinair
moderationistismingly

Send a message via MSN to thinair

Ok, I like PC games aswell, but for the price, console is where it's at.

You need like a $3000 PC to run a newer game amazingly, and having it next to a TV and 5.1 system is nice too.
"Driving is like a narcotic, an addiction that can take over lives. It ruins people, breaks families apart, and even kills. Itís habit that needs to be fueled. Time, money, rationality, sweat, knuckle skin, and anyone who disapproves are of little importance to a driver, and are often overlooked. Hi, Iím Nelson, and Iím a drivaholic."
thinair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2003, 09:29 PM   #17
sonic07
6th Gear Member

Re: Playstation2 or XBOX ? what would you pick?

Quote:
Originally posted by BiMMer745i
what's better?
i don't how to describe it . one better than the other because depends on what kind of game do you prefer. the equipment it self both are good. it doesn't really matter one has one more pixel than the other. one thing for sure regarless which one make sure you get the cheat chip for it so you can play the copy game instead of buying it for 80 bucks or so a pop. right now i have both of them and also the game cube because alot of little kid game for it. and both of my ps2 and xbox has cheat chip on them so i can play all the latest game at 10 bucks a pop the cost of dvd blanks. also i put in 120 gig hd in the xbox so i can put in a bunch of games into hard drive and activate even faster and don't need the dvd. except for ps2 you can't put in any hd. too bad. but currently i got 140 games for ps2 right up to the latest and over 50 games for xbox to the latest. also it's good to have dvd writer so you can rent games and make copy or install it direct into your xbox. so the answear is that i would by all of them.

Pedal To The Metal
sonic07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2003, 09:33 PM   #18
windsor318is
Nitrous Junkie!

what about gamecube? sure it doesnt have as many games, but the ones they have are all great, although many are kiddy like. need for speed rocks
Old 02-24-2003, 10:17 PM   #19
sonic07
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally posted by windsor318is
what about gamecube? sure it doesnt have as many games, but the ones they have are all great, although many are kiddy like. need for speed rocks
out of all my ps2,xbox, the gamecube is still my favourite beside the games can not be copied. i almost spend 2000 bucks on the games itself. the need for speed is rocking alright.
on the ps2 u can get momo steering wheel for it.

Pedal To The Metal
Old 02-24-2003, 10:26 PM   #20
325iSBimmer
///MMMM VIDA

Send a message via MSN to 325iSBimmer
X-box for sure.....u can save half a million games(not an exact figure) without running out of memory
Old 02-25-2003, 12:46 AM   #21
BeemerBuddy
2nd Gear Member

Its all about HALO.
BeemerBuddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2003, 01:44 AM   #22
moerom
6th Gear Member

I think buying Xbox is alot like going to Berlin nightclub on a Monday night. Its a beautiful place but there's no one there. Buying PS2 is like going to Plastique on a friday night. Its not exactly a masterpeice but its packed with slutty Woodbridge broads who are eye candy
moerom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2003, 01:45 AM   #23
PBalla
3rd Gear Member

Quote:
Originally posted by sonic07
out of all my ps2,xbox, the gamecube is still my favourite beside the games can not be copied. i almost spend 2000 bucks on the games itself. the need for speed is rocking alright.
on the ps2 u can get momo steering wheel for it.

games can be copied?

this can only be done with a mod chip...its not straight burn and play and plus not many peope do it....and even if they could be copied? big deal.
Old 02-25-2003, 02:13 AM   #24
sonic07
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Pharshballa
games can be copied?

this can only be done with a mod chip...its not straight burn and play and plus not many peope do it....and even if they could be copied? big deal.
are u talking about gamecube . nop gamecube can not be copied.
only the xbox and ps2. of course with mod chip. no big deal with ps2 is easy to copy and so does xbox but better yet i put in 120 gig drive in xbox. so you install what ever game , even the rental one in to the hard drive. so when the new game come out install it into the xbox and if there is no more space in the hard drive just delete one of the old one. that's it. now even better yet you take one of the bios chip and program it and become mod chip.
the only last hassle is the wiring but that's all the same with all the mod chip.

Pedal To The Metal
Old 02-26-2003, 02:28 AM   #25
PBalla
3rd Gear Member

so u rent the game, install whole thing on hard drive...

u can program bois chip to become mod chip?

how?

yes i meant that gamecube can't be copied...i might've worded wrong..its obvious, look at the discs !
Old 02-26-2003, 02:53 AM   #26
sonic07
6th Gear Member

ok right now i am using the xecuter2 mod chip in the xbox and one of the function is copy game right into xbox.

to copy the mod chip program into the bios. i just learn this last week very quickly without any detail yet cuz my friend just showed it to me at my place. first you need 2meg bios which usually is the standard bios on old P2 mainboard. and then u need the bios programmer which is a little looking printed circuit board that u can plug in the bios chip and comes with the program that u can install it from your computer then u need the cables with gender changer because the bios programmer has parrallel male and that connects to the computer parrallel printer port. once everything connected whaalla you can imagine how fast to program a bios and then the tricky part is to solder it into the xbox. i know you probably want to know the exact detail. that i have to ask him or do some r&d over the internet. cuz i just paid him to do it and save me alot of time. if u can find somebody locally in u.s to do it perhaps is better. mind you my friend is going back to work in california in acouple weeks. that's why while he is here i got him to do my ps2 and the xbox.

Pedal To The Metal
Old 02-26-2003, 02:57 AM   #27
Bliss
Administrator

Isn't the PS3 coming out soon? Well, in "soon" i mean in 2004.

For maXbimmer decals, please email info@maxbimmer.com
Bliss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2003, 03:08 AM   #28
sonic07
6th Gear Member

that's what i heard too about the ps3 soon we'll have a big junk yard for gaming console just like computers.

Pedal To The Metal
Old 02-26-2003, 05:10 AM   #29
Alezone
Capitalism

I own pretty much all the consoles except the XBox, why? Because I just dun like Micro$oft, i really have the feelin that the Xbox would be frozen all of a sudden just like what PC does. Tho i've never tried the Xbox.

I have PS2, GC and DC sitting in the living room now, but the last time I played them was when Vice City came out...

PORSCHE 981
Alezone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2003, 01:43 AM   #30
Hardcore328is
2nd Gear Member

Wuzup guyzz
I have both.... but i personaly like xbox better cause i am more into games like halo, project gotham racing, and playing every game online.. PS2 is ausome system no debt, it has good graphoce even thought xboxs r better.... i think its up to wut u prefere...

I PREFERE X-BOX!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!X-BOX ALL THE WAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bavarian Motor Works
Hardcore328is is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: