Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > Misc > Off-topic
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 02-05-2009, 11:14 PM   #16
propr'one
op sucks cock

Send a message via MSN to propr'one

i HATE canada.

But i can still listen to the anthem of canada.

So can they.

Shut the **** up.

Hot: 2001 Estoril M RoadsterZCP 19's michelin supersports, ZHP knob, JL 8W3
Cold: 2002 TiAg M3 6mt ZCP 19's michelin supersports, deoranged, dechromed, led tails, ZHP knob, UUC SS v3, GROM, OEM 18's w310's,
Fun: 2006 YZF-R6, black
propr'one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 05:50 AM   #17
Sickbimmer
750HP turbo E46 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dinan_M5 View Post
you mean God keep our land...glorious and free!
Oops, Sorry.LOL I heard that on the radio today. Some guy said this all started because of a parent complaining that if you don't believe in god then the words are offensive. Us Canadians are giving up all our traditions to make the few small complainers happy. Just like saying "Merry Christmas". F@ck saying happy holidays!!
Old 02-06-2009, 05:51 AM   #18
Sickbimmer
750HP turbo E46 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericdalinda View Post
Deport this guy??
You talking to me?
Old 02-06-2009, 09:01 AM   #19
daytona
6th Gear Member

why it the people who complain the most are the new muslim?..if the host country accepts you do not expect them to change the laws and customs for your benefit.In the UK this "political correct" has run amok.A good example is the
Sharia law.
Old 02-06-2009, 12:35 PM   #20
bmwm5lover
is BMW crazy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fel View Post
I'm not an immigrant, so I can't say from experience... but I do experience what you're talking about everyday. If you move to this country, you need to adapt to the rules of the country and become a functional participant. It drives me nuts dealing with people who can't be bothered to learn English and only hold a job because their cousin is their boss along with 17 other members of their family.

On topic, why the hell do some kids have to leave the classroom when the National Anthem is played? That's just flat out bullshit. But it's not always the kids choice, usually that's imposed upon them by their parents. That being said, **** 'em. Why would you change the system to accommodate them? Why would you build a Kia specifically for a fat person?
Took the words out of my mouth, and I am an Immigrant.

His--'00 BMW ///M5 .:Jet BLK/BLK:.Individual- Modded
Hers--'07 BMW M5/6.:Indianapolis Red/Black:.
Toys
'91 BMW 850i J Spec Modded
'88 BMW 635CSi Lowered
'81 MB 500 SEC Koenig WILD RIDE
bmwm5lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 07:54 PM   #21
propr'one
op sucks cock

Send a message via MSN to propr'one
^^ditto, me too.

Hot: 2001 Estoril M RoadsterZCP 19's michelin supersports, ZHP knob, JL 8W3
Cold: 2002 TiAg M3 6mt ZCP 19's michelin supersports, deoranged, dechromed, led tails, ZHP knob, UUC SS v3, GROM, OEM 18's w310's,
Fun: 2006 YZF-R6, black
propr'one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 08:03 PM   #22
simplycars
6th Gear Member

national anthems should be respected regardless if one likes it or not.
it also depends where the immigrants come from - from my experience people coming from europe tend not to have any problems with canadian customs/laws (other than last call).
Old 02-06-2009, 08:35 PM   #23
VSanj
6th Gear Member

Im sorry boys, but i missed the part in the article were they stated that the studants were immigrants???

untill that is proven, you are only assuming kids.
Old 02-06-2009, 09:32 PM   #24
craigIS
A.K.A. crossfire291

Send a message via MSN to craigIS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fel View Post
On topic, why the hell do some kids have to leave the classroom when the National Anthem is played? That's just flat out bullshit. But it's not always the kids choice, usually that's imposed upon them by their parents. That being said, **** 'em. Why would you change the system to accommodate them? Why would you build a Kia specifically for a fat person?
^^^ exactly.

these kids have to leave the class because of their parents beliefs. it is the parents fault that the child feels this way. why do the 29 out of the 30 students in the class, have to loose their right to stand for the national anthem of the country they believe in? all because some parent cant live the same way people who come from different backgrounds with different beliefs live in the same country.

since when is it "minority" rules. if you dont believe in the country in which you have chosen to reside get out! IMO.

flickr
craigIS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2009, 12:14 PM   #25
Arash
6th Gear Member

like vsanj mentioned, who said they were immigrants? There are many "Canadians" who don't believe in god. why are fingers always pointed at immigrants? pathetic
Arash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2009, 01:22 PM   #26
craigIS
A.K.A. crossfire291

Send a message via MSN to craigIS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arash View Post
like vsanj mentioned, who said they were immigrants? There are many "Canadians" who don't believe in god. why are fingers always pointed at immigrants? pathetic
^^ agreed. if i said anything that implies that immigrants are the issue, i beg your pardon, that was not my intent.

whether you believe in God or not, the National Anthem is the National Anthem, the lyrics are the lyrics, and this is Canada. simple....

why arent people anymore, just plain proud to be Canadian? no matter what religion or ethnicity you are? I am proud to be Canadian, but i wont be if the people who dont like the country and its laws win this debate, and the national anthem is changed.

flickr
craigIS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2009, 11:12 AM   #27
ROCKETMAN
6th Gear Member

true, it doesn't say the they are immigrants. BUt there is a HUGE chance that they are.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: