Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > Misc > Off-topic
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 02-05-2009, 04:07 PM   #1
TNation
Banned

Singing O Canada - More Policitally Correct BS

http://www.cbc.ca/canada/new-brunswi...ntroversy.html

Quote:
"Principal Erik Millett's decision in September 2007 to scale back the playing of the national anthem to school assemblies opened a national debate last week on when O Canada should be sung in the classroom.

Millett said he made the decision because some students had to leave the classroom each morning while O Canada played and were feeling excluded. Several New Brunswick Conservative MPs attacked the decision and two called Millett's actions "political correctness run wild" in the House of Commons."
wtf is Canada coming too?? This is ridiculous. We bend over way to far for immigrants. If anything it should be the other way around. It's coming to the point where we either lay down and let this garbage get worse, or people finally say no, we're not going to change everything about ourselves/country to suit people that moved here.

Last edited by TNation; 02-05-2009 at 04:12 PM.
TNation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009, 04:12 PM   #2
maroli
6th Gear Member

I don't get something, why do the immigrants feel excluded? Anyway, as an immigrant myself who's working hard and moving up through the world, there's nothing more I hate than non-adjusted immigrants living off the system. I rant for days about how they give us hard working, adjusted, english speaking, immigrants a bad name.
Old 02-05-2009, 04:17 PM   #3
TNation
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by maroli View Post
I don't get something, why do the immigrants feel excluded? Anyway, as an immigrant myself who's working hard and moving up through the world, there's nothing more I hate than non-adjusted immigrants living off the system. I rant for days about how they give us hard working, adjusted, english speaking, immigrants a bad name.
no kidding, that's just brutal what these leeches are doing.
TNation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009, 04:41 PM   #4
Fel
Not Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by maroli View Post
I'm not an immigrant, so I can't say from experience... but I do experience what you're talking about everyday. If you move to this country, you need to adapt to the rules of the country and become a functional participant. It drives me nuts dealing with people who can't be bothered to learn English and only hold a job because their cousin is their boss along with 17 other members of their family.

On topic, why the hell do some kids have to leave the classroom when the National Anthem is played? That's just flat out bullshit. But it's not always the kids choice, usually that's imposed upon them by their parents. That being said, **** 'em. Why would you change the system to accommodate them? Why would you build a Kia specifically for a fat person?
Old 02-05-2009, 04:45 PM   #5
sirex
King Sirex

Heres how to end all bullshit:

Playing the anthem is law.
If you dont like it, then DONT go to public school.
Oh wait, theres law that you HAVE to go to school up until 16.

If you dont like it, LEAVE the country. Oh wait youre a political refugee on welfare? TOO ****ING BAD.
Old 02-05-2009, 04:57 PM   #6
98Dinan3
6th Gear Member

Send a message via MSN to 98Dinan3
Why are the students leaving the classroom during the playing of the national anthem? Instead, they should just leave the country, and there'd be less for them to bitch about...
Old 02-05-2009, 05:03 PM   #7
T.Dot_E30
Classifieds Moderator

There are kids leaving the classroom while it is being played?

Why?? Thats BS and the source of the problem.
Old 02-05-2009, 05:20 PM   #8
King Luis
The King.

Send a message via MSN to King Luis
PM in Australia made a good remark to all the asians that were moving there that english is their language and if they don't want to speak it then get out of the country....he didn't last much longer.
but its true. in Canada, speak english or french. you are living in Canada, you obey Canadian laws and do as Canadians do. other wise, get out.

Sold:2004 Silver Gray M3
Mods: Dice Unit, EAS Angel Eyes, Painted Reflectors, CSL Diffuser, Smoked Corners, PSS10s, 15mm Front and 10mm Rear Spacers.

Gone:1990 Brilliantrot 325is
Mods: Alpine speakers and HU, Euro Projectors, Magnaflow Muffler, Euro Smoked Tails and GC Coilovers.
King Luis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009, 05:34 PM   #9
maroli
6th Gear Member

full on brothers, full on. While I'm ranting, I ****ing HATE immigrants coming here and saying 'Canada is racist, Canada is racist'. My background being Indian, I can tell you that Indians are by far THE MOST racist people I have ever encountered, and caucasian canadians are BY FAR the least racist people I've ever encountered. That is my viewpoint, and I'm pretty well travelled. On top of which, you don't like this country? GET THE **** OUT. There are THOUSANDS of people who'd take your place and work hard to make themselves a living and would give an arm or foot to be in a country as equitable as this.
Old 02-05-2009, 05:40 PM   #10
Bullet Ride
Cars in Perpetual Repair

Quote:
Originally Posted by T.Dot_E30 View Post
There are kids leaving the classroom while it is being played?

Why?? Thats BS and the source of the problem.
I had this discussion the other day with someone that I know. I'll just cut and paste to save my self time....

Quote:
The issue of not reciting the national anthem in schools is one that really bothers me, not only that, but I've heard versions that have had the words, or should I say word, changed so that the anthem is "politically correct". Is it because the national anthem says "...God keep our land glorious and free..." and people who don't believe in God take offense to that? Does it make them feel like an outcast because the national anthem of the country that they live in references a religious entity that they don't belive in? Maybe it does. But even if it does, who are they to demand that it be not played or that it should be changed? I'm not a Muslim, but if I moved to Afghanistan and had to go to a Muslim school there would I demand that everyone in the school not pray towards mecca 5 times a day because I'm not a Muslim? No. Would I ask them to change the part of their national anthem that says "We will follow the one God - We all say, Allah is great, we all say, Allah is great"? No. That's because I know that I am moving to a country that is predominantly muslim, and I respect that their country has probably been structured and built partially, if not fully, around Muslim beliefs. People that move to Canada should realize that when the dominion of Canada was established back in 1867 it was predominantly (if not entirely) a Christian population. All you have to do is look at the first line of the Charter of Rights and Freedoms (1982) that says "Whereas Canada is founded upon principles that recognize the supremacy of God and the rule of law...". Luckily for people with different beliefs Canada is a democratic country and almost immediately after in the Charter it says that it is within the rights of the people to have freedom of conscience and religion, and freedom of thought, belief, opinion and expression. Be happy that Canada lets you be who you want to be but respect what Canada is and always has been.
My 0.02 -Steve

...I realize that the Afghanistan comparison is not the best one because they are not a democratic society like Canada is (although since 2004 people are supposed to have freedom of religion thanks to the US and A) but I'm sure you get the point that I was trying to make. When you come to a country you are supposed to adapt to the country, not make the country adapt to you.
Old 02-05-2009, 06:48 PM   #11
PinkieMoscow
Jumped up G'd up.

This is just a joke. They discussed it on mojo 640. If I may quote one of the callers "Next off they'll stop playing the anthem at hockey games".
Old 02-05-2009, 07:21 PM   #12
craigIS
A.K.A. crossfire291

Send a message via MSN to craigIS
no offense to any one, but i love my Country!

IMO anyone who cant stand for the national Anthem of their country for what ever reason, WTF.....i dont know what to say, i do but its not very nice! i know this is a free country, but if you cant support the country you live in, then why be here. thats just my opinion.

so the 29 out of the 30 kids who stand for O' Canada are the ones who are supposed ot feel excluded because someone's parents dont beliee in the country they reside in!!!!! WTF

flickr

Last edited by craigIS; 02-05-2009 at 07:44 PM.
craigIS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009, 08:56 PM   #13
Sickbimmer
750HP turbo E46 M3

I think some are complaining the phrase " god save our land", in any case it's total BS!
Old 02-05-2009, 09:09 PM   #14
Bullet Ride
Cars in Perpetual Repair

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sickbimmer View Post
I think some are complaining the phrase " god save our land", in any case it's total BS!
you mean God keep our land...glorious and free!
Old 02-05-2009, 09:39 PM   #15
T.Dot_E30
Classifieds Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericdalinda View Post
Deport this guy??
He musta been one of those that left the room while it was playing.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: