Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > Misc > Off-topic
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 02-05-2009, 01:41 AM   #16
Cdn328is
2nd Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolhand View Post
Maybe it is her fault but lets say it was a muscle builder that weighs that much? It is Kias responsibility to keep the cars they sell safe when they sell them.
A bodybuilder will build muscle, yes, but will have no fat at all. Now you would have to be pretty tall to build lean muscle and weigh over 350 pounds. So tall in fact, that you will not fit in a car small enough that your weight will affect the handling. Arnold Schwarzenegger weighed 235 pounds when he won mr. universe, and around 250 when not competing and is around 6'2". Now imagine what a bodybuilder weighing in at over 350 pounds would look like. Now imagine how many of these guys will be buying a kia rio.

No dice, only morbidly obese people will affect the handling of a car, and there is a fairly easy solution to their problem.

Last edited by Cdn328is; 02-05-2009 at 01:46 AM.
Cdn328is is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009, 01:42 AM   #17
Cdn328is
2nd Gear Member

Quote:
Did you miss my post above where I said that it could just as easly happen to a muscle man? Remember muscle weight 2x as much as fat.
Please look at my post above.

Edit:

That's not even the point, she could have had the car aligned while sitting in it and it would have fixed the problem. The procedure according to BMW is to put ballasts on the driver's seat to simulate his weight when aligning a car.

Last edited by Cdn328is; 02-05-2009 at 01:47 AM.
Cdn328is is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009, 01:47 AM   #18
coolhand
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cdn328is View Post
A bodybuilder will build muscle, yes, but will have no fat at all. Now you would have to be pretty tall to build lean muscle and weigh over 350 pounds. So tall in fact, that you will first of all not fit in a car small enough that your weight will affect the handling. Arnold Schwarzenegger weighed 235 pounds when he won mr. universe, and around 250 when not competing and is around 6'2". Now imagine what a bodybuilder weighing in at over 350 pounds would look like. Now imagine how many of these guys will be buying a kia rio.

No dice, only morbidly obese people will affect the handling of a car, and there is a fairly easy solution to their problem.
I don't see where is says she 350 lbs. Do you know what a 350LBS women looks like?
coolhand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009, 09:04 AM   #19
BigD
the misanthropist

Quote:
Originally Posted by the whale
I was crushed by the situation
No the Kia was crushed by your ass.
Old 02-05-2009, 09:56 AM   #20
Dr. Flyview
Formerly Flav_cool

Send a message via MSN to Dr. Flyview
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigD View Post
No the Kia was crushed by your ass.
hahahahahah nice quote!

1998 BMW 328is - summer
1994 BMW 325i - daily
1992 BMW 325i - gone
1988 Mercedes Benz 190E 2.3-8V -
sold

Dr. Flyview is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009, 10:32 AM   #21
Fel
Not Banned

Hahahaha..... oh man, this is just priceless. And even better is the fact that it makes the news so that the whole world can laugh at this fat chick, not just the people at the Kia dealership. And jesus, car manufacturers need to adjust to our changing society? **** off. People need to adjust to the world around them. Sure it's commonplace for North Americans to be heavyset because of our lifestyle (gluttony, inactivity, and excess), but the last thing we need is more corporations placating this. Get on a treadmill and put down the Cheetos.

Luke... yeah, there are different ways of being "heavy", but usually if a person is big, they buy a car that is suitable. As much as we would all hope for corporate responsibility when selling vehicles, how well do you think it would go over for the dealership to say "Sorry, we can't sell you a Rio... you're too fat". She just needs to deal with the fact that she either needs to get the car adjusted for her fat ass, or buy something more suited to her bulk. Maybe a Chrysler?
Old 02-05-2009, 10:47 AM   #22
Redster
Stuck In The 6th Gear

Quote:
Did you miss my post above where I said that it could just as easly happen to a muscle man? Remember muscle weight 2x as much as fat.
Muscle man? You really need to learn to type (possible talk).

If you're heavy person buy a car that fits you, don't go trying to get a cheap/small car and then complain it can't take your weight.

If you were heavy, fat (call it what you want ) would you go and buy a bicycle with a small seat so it gets lost in your ass? Or bicycle at all..same goes for buying a car.

I'm tired of fat people demanding all kids of things because they are fat, it's their problem, go on a diet, demand government credit for gym membership, diet programs, not biggers seats and cars to accommodate your ass.
Old 02-05-2009, 10:52 AM   #23
myndgone
..... kLaSSe~1 .....

Send a message via MSN to myndgone
a mechanic suggested they do an alignment with her in the car?!?!

PRICELESS!!!!
myndgone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009, 10:59 AM   #24
Blades
Your opinion is to long

Hey check it out .. its the fat and the furious!! lol

All it takes is one bad day to reduce the sanest man alive to lunacy. Thats how far the world is from where i am. just one bad day. - Unknown
Blades is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009, 11:05 AM   #25
myndgone
..... kLaSSe~1 .....

Send a message via MSN to myndgone
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blades View Post
Hey check it out .. its the fat and the furious!! lol

Nice!!!
myndgone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009, 12:02 PM   #26
Bimmer Heaven
MaXsponsor

Well, at least she didnt get a Smart car!!! Or maybe it was too expensive for her!!!! That would be just an accident waiting to happen....
Most models E30 E36 E46 E90 E92 E93 E34 E39 E60 E32 E38 E65 E66 X3 X5 M3 M5 Z4

Etobicoke location opening mid June!!!!

Call 11-8PM 416 821-2578
New inventory daily. 50+ cars in stock!
Bimmer Heaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009, 02:29 PM   #27
Axxe
Over 9 F**KING THOUSAND!!

HAHAHAHA, motorcycle effect. What a redneck.

S52|ZF|TRM Coilovers 670/895|Staggered 18" 5's
Axxe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009, 02:50 PM   #28
sski
2nd Gear Member

I agree, stop with the accomodations, unless there a specific medical reason (Thyroid etc.) for which you can get a Dr's letter.

Otherwise the only one to blame is you. Dropping the pounds is "Simple not Easy". I don't know how many people I've said that to.

My plan...white is bad (ie/ white bread, white rice, white potatoes, white refined sugar etc) try to favour whole grains, veggies and proteins (chicken, fish). EAT BREAKFAST. Cardio one day, resistance the next. Even half an hr beats nothing at all. Barak Obama apparently works out 45mins a day (one day cardio/one day weights) cause thats all he's got time for. He's got a job and a family just like everyone else.

Make little changes. Instead of the Timmies double/double (18% cream), go to milk, then just black. I switched from Rum/Coke to Rum/Diet Coke years ago. Extra 150 cals in a can of coke, 0 in diet.
Old 02-05-2009, 03:05 PM   #29
bmwm5lover
is BMW crazy

Wow, I agree with the majority, not the car's fault, it is her fault for not buying the proper vehicle. When She was buying a couch, she didn't by a single, small chair that swivels back and forth from Ikea, no, she bought a big ass couch that can support her fat ass, she should have done the same with the car. Hence why I prefer larger cars.

His--'00 BMW ///M5 .:Jet BLK/BLK:.Individual- Modded
Hers--'07 BMW M5/6.:Indianapolis Red/Black:.
Toys
'91 BMW 850i J Spec Modded
'88 BMW 635CSi Lowered
'81 MB 500 SEC Koenig WILD RIDE
bmwm5lover is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009, 03:48 PM   #30
MiroE36
6th Gear Member

sadly this isn't even funny... and naturally this would happen to a woman and not a man... cuz a man would say... "**** im a fatass" and he would laugh about it and dive with the stupid left-pull cuz he knows that everyone will laugh if he lets other know... a woman clearly will never (1) admit it's her weight, or (2) accept that she is as tall side ways as upright.

MiroE36 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: