Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > Misc > Off-topic
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 02-01-2009, 01:00 PM   #46
Chris de la Cruz
sex, drifting & punk rock

Send a message via MSN to Chris de la Cruz

yup that was me at the Falken Tire booth. lol my car was dirty as hell
Old 02-01-2009, 01:10 PM   #47
zackman17
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris de la Cruz View Post
yup that was me at the Falken Tire booth. lol my car was dirty as hell

yeah LOL..... i was like sweet e30
zackman17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2009, 01:28 PM   #48
e30blue
2nd Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by e30blue View Post
errrrghhh.... uhhh... i dont really know how to say this but.... uhhh...

I Love you?.....

WTF, i never wrote this
e30blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 09:37 AM   #49
daytona
6th Gear Member

20,000 laid off...NEC...

wow this must be the largest one shot lay off for this recession.

http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2339890,00.asp

my buddy returned from UK on a business contract and no offense to any UK residences it was a dump.He was on contract to teach some of the IT guys there to work on some speciality software his company designed and everywhere there were empty store fronts and garbage blowing around like snow.A lot of people were laid off after new year and the figure for "unemployed" workers is much higher than the stats.Very gloomy place to live in he mentioned and the ontario run city homes in Toronto would be considered "middle class rentals" in UK.His rental apartment cost $1400cdn (covered) for a small 500sqft flat with two lifts that barely worked and plumbing from the stone age.Food was expensive but beer was cheap.He did the tourist thing for two weeks and after that he was glad to leave.
Old 02-03-2009, 02:15 PM   #50
sirex
King Sirex

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eFiRARf5N9Q
Old 02-03-2009, 10:03 PM   #51
daytona
6th Gear Member

why are our ditzy leaders still bailing out GM if they threatened to pull out of Ontario?.

http://ca.news.yahoo.com/s/capress/0...uto_bargaining
Old 02-03-2009, 11:44 PM   #52
BMW_7
Econobimmer Racing

Send a message via AIM to BMW_7 Send a message via MSN to BMW_7
Ive been hearing that China, Japan and Hong Kong are like ghost towns now. No one goes out and spends money, and stores and streets stay empty.. eek

Helprace, a helpdesk & community platform
BMW_7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009, 01:13 AM   #53
betmen
6th Gear Member

Tactic:

- Tell of forth comming economical "dip"
-A few banks go bankrupt, only to be reopened under a new name in a few years, money still there.
- Small bussiness get scared and lay off people, then hire cheaper labor.
- Media informs of economical crisis continuously.
- People stop spending money, which cripples economy.
- Morons which were elected by other morons cut on healthcare, education, and various other humain organizations, which in return causes panic.
- Media performs propaganda style informing to scare people some more.

The kicker:
-*-*-*- Rich people take advantage to use markets, stock and material to get richer.
-*-*-*- People too stupid or scared to act out and protest against such actions.
-*-*-*- Everything returns to normal, but with fewer people controlling more.

This also brings me to something else...the government spend hundreds of millions of dollars on space research, unnecessary signs, government buildings, retarded plans to alter highways, while many people dont have proper health insurance, cant get dental care which infact, will affect their physical health.

People are getting to taimed, and becoming little lapdogs while others take full advantage of these poor people. If it was the big dogs i wouldnt be furious as much, but its people that dont have any actual power, influence or talents for deception that are doing this. They are simply abusing current human stupidity.

/end rant (i know a tad off topic but had to say it, and this applies to the western world)
betmen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009, 08:07 AM   #54
daytona
6th Gear Member

there goes another 15000 jobs.

http://ca.news.yahoo.com/s/afp/09020...cuts_panasonic

I heard BMW is going to cut its work force by %10 also..

BMW cuts 26,000 workers, may apply for state aid
Filed under: Germany, auto DF @ 8:29 am
Tags: BMW, BMW layoff, Germany Layoffs, Volkswagen, Volkswagen layoff

According to AutoBlog: Lagging demand has forced BMW to cut 26,000 workers for the months of February and March and BMWs factories in Dingolfing and Regensburg will be effected by the eliminations, which will cut 38,000 units. BMW is also reducing hours at Berlin and Landshut to better align output with demand. The reduced production hours and labor cuts wont result in any permanent layoffs, though a prolonged sales slump could lead management at the Bavarian Motor Werks to take more drastic action. The shrinking vehicle market is also hurting BMWs stock price, which is down 49% over the past 12 months.
Old 02-04-2009, 11:06 AM   #55
propr'one
op sucks cock

Send a message via MSN to propr'one
you guys need tinfoil hats.

Hot: 2001 Estoril M RoadsterZCP 19's michelin supersports, ZHP knob, JL 8W3
Cold: 2002 TiAg M3 6mt deoranged, dechromed, led tails, ZHP knob, UUC SS v3, GROM, OEM 18's w310's,
Fun: 2006 YZF-R6, black, ohlins, pazzo, cat delete, vance hines csone, YEC racing tune
propr'one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009, 11:16 AM   #56
Axxe
Over 9 F**KING THOUSAND!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by propr'one View Post
you guys need tinfoil hats.
Group buy?

S52|ZF|TRM Coilovers 670/895|Staggered 18" 5's
Axxe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009, 12:31 PM   #57
Blades
Your opinion is to long

With everyones story of layoffs and getting fired I cant hardly say its news propaganda thats causing this recession. If you think about it .. someone gets laid off that effects there spending now if you noticed how many people were laid off then you could put 2+2 together. On top of that, third party companies that contribute to GM or Chrysler are effected and everyone else with those third party companies.

If there is no cars needed then there is no parts needed and then there is no deliveries needed. Those parts no longer needed to be made (need less quantity because dont need so many cars made) have an effect on the pieces or sub-assembly of the parts (nuts and bolts) and then those companies are effected.

Its a complete chain reaction. Are there industries not effected .. yes .. I noticed the food industry hasn't changed (even chocolate bar companies) because people still need to eat. Some types of jobs I noticed weren't effected either .. IT jobs for instance (I'm a bit worried about mine since I work for a small company yet I was offered a job at Scotia Bank yesterday without any contact to the agent hiring).

Is the economy getting worse .. yes .. are people spending as much as they use too .. no .. is it because of the news .. no .. are the rich getting richer .. you bet .. stock market is a gold mine and if you know what your doing and you take the risk they you will get richer (especially if you have the money in your pocket to spend).

All it takes is one bad day to reduce the sanest man alive to lunacy. Thats how far the world is from where i am. just one bad day. - Unknown
Blades is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 11:01 AM   #58
daytona
6th Gear Member

http://money.cnn.com/2009/01/15/news...ies/gm_update/

WTF...they are asking for more?...wages arent going to be cut?...CAW is expecting additional 800 layoffs but is firm on pensions and wages.Typical union member greed,screw the co workers Im keeping my entitlement and let them go on pogey.
Old 02-06-2009, 03:53 PM   #59
zackman17
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by spoony_prelude View Post
What steel company do you work for? We get all our stuff from Salit Steel.

Jay
the big boss showed up at the island airport today on the new site im at and he said that last month 149,000 in canada. cp24 says 129,000 jobs. im assuming he was mis informed.. but that is a shitload of jobs..he also said a bunch of jobs are stopping at ground level.

Last edited by zackman17; 02-06-2009 at 03:56 PM.
zackman17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 08:49 PM   #60
VSanj
6th Gear Member

12 people let go in my office today...............i am safe for now!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: