Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > Misc > Off-topic
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 01-31-2009, 01:32 PM   #31
rendered
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by daytona View Post
Rendered honestly the project at Concord looks average at best,there are a few blogs regarding this project and the shabby finishes and the "unwelcome" visitors entering the condos.Like my GF brother said who was full time broker now a PT broker due to slow sales "go west for the best condos deals"..so anything west of Dufferin Street.

Thanks man, thats good advice. After looking at everything, i'm starting to see that reality.
rendered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2009, 01:37 PM   #32
rendered
6th Gear Member

On another note, I can't believe this BS.

These companies still have money stashed away, whether it be in their own pockets (CEO's and exec's) or money hidden away for a rainy day to keep the business afloat. Well its raining now, hard. And their decision as any business would be, "why lose money from our own retirement funds (Owners, CEO's and Exec's), and savings as a business, lets make the most logical cut"

"Times, slow down, we'll continue to bring in the same money for ourselves, and cut back our workforce instead"

So they lay-off, loyal, hardworking, employees, who made that company what it is today in the first place, good people who rely on their salaries to survive, just so the company can slash some jobs and salaries; try to cope with these "hard times", and maybe saves the business a few million (probably more the larger the company) while the owners, CEO's, and exec's continue to enjoy their Million's of dollars worth of salaries, and $500,000 bonus'. Never occured to them they could save their employee's jobs and lives, if they were the ones to take the pay cuts, and not the people whom really are in need of the money, the hardworking employee's.

I know its more complicated than that, but in a nutshell, it comes down to the rich and greedy remain rich and greedy, even more so, and the honest hard working people with families to worry about, always lose in the end.

Last edited by rendered; 01-31-2009 at 01:39 PM.
rendered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2009, 01:53 PM   #33
BMW_7
Econobimmer Racing

Send a message via AIM to BMW_7 Send a message via MSN to BMW_7
Quote:
Originally Posted by rendered View Post
chris, I'm sorry to hear that man! I hope things do pick up in the spring for you and everyone! People need places to live no matter what! So building must go on!

I'm looking at getting into a 2 bedroom unit by monarch. The zip condo in liberty village. Did you happen to work on this condo? They seem to be a bit better than the units I was considering at Concorde cityplace at spadina and front area. Even those guys seem to be moving slowly on finishing.
Yeah, I got laid off from my job too, The thing is with "places to live", that is true, but really there is more than enough places to live right now, and the only thing that keeps more places being built is money. There was a huge construction boom for the past 5 years so I guess most people who have been in this business for a while can't complain.

It's the university graduates right now that I'm feeling sorry for.

Helprace, a helpdesk & community platform
BMW_7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2009, 01:56 PM   #34
Fel
Not Banned

So far it hasn't affected me, but that's not to say it won't...

Work has been slower, obviously... but the trick is I'm a contract employee. If at the end of it my employers still like the way things are going, then I'm probably not going anywhere. But if they decide it's time to make a few cuts, I'm sure i might be a part of it.... just the way corporate goes I guess.
Old 01-31-2009, 02:16 PM   #35
e30blue
2nd Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigD View Post
It's everywhere. The saddest thing is that it's also in healthcare. I can't even begin to describe how ****ing furious it makes me that some shit bag on an auto assembly line making 70 bucks an hour is getting "bailed out" while our health care is getting cut so badly that many units will be closing down. THIS IS ****ING HEALTH CARE, NOT A ****ING US AUTO COMPANY! GOD DAMN ****ING SHIT... woossaaaa All the while McGuinty announced more cuts to health care and education. **** these people, I'm never voting again until I have the time and resources to lobby for what I believe is right.

The sad irony of the situation is that it's a self-fulfilling prophecy. I have a theory that if the media was forced to report nothing but good news, that every major company is posting profits, housing prices are going up and the economy is getting stronger - this shit would be over in 2-4 weeks. Instead, what started as exposure of ****ups in the US banking sector, spread through insane fear-mongering in the media, has scared everyone shitless and spending has ground to a halt, which is making all of their paranoid fears come true.
errrrghhh.... uhhh... i dont really know how to say this but.... uhhh...

I Love you?.....
e30blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2009, 07:15 PM   #36
Chris de la Cruz
sex, drifting & punk rock

Send a message via MSN to Chris de la Cruz
Quote:
Originally Posted by rendered View Post
chris, I'm sorry to hear that man! I hope things do pick up in the spring for you and everyone! People need places to live no matter what! So building must go on!

I'm looking at getting into a 2 bedroom unit by monarch. The zip condo in liberty village. Did you happen to work on this condo? They seem to be a bit better than the units I was considering at Concorde cityplace at spadina and front area. Even those guys seem to be moving slowly on finishing.
zip actually was selling really well at that location. I've been behind the scenes in the entire build and dude its awesome. I believe we've closed the sales office already.

but i got a new job starting in march so I'm pretty happy
Old 01-31-2009, 10:28 PM   #37
BMW_7
Econobimmer Racing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris de la Cruz View Post
zip actually was selling really well at that location. I've been behind the scenes in the entire build and dude its awesome. I believe we've closed the sales office already.

but i got a new job starting in march so I'm pretty happy
hey good luck with that... time to go on vacations before u get stuck in the 9-5 limbo.. thats what i would do

Old 01-31-2009, 11:54 PM   #38
daytona
6th Gear Member

the rental vacancies are getting squeezed bigtime,if you want a decent place to live downtown expect to pay at least $1400 for a 2 bedroom in a secure good neighborhood.The people who are renting condos are happy since now there are people who decide not to buy a condo until the economy improves but they still need a good place to live.I read as of 2009 the vacancies for downtown rental units is like %1.8..thats very low.
Old 02-01-2009, 01:32 AM   #39
Chris de la Cruz

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW_7 View Post
hey good luck with that... time to go on vacations before u get stuck in the 9-5 limbo.. thats what i would do
yeah i know... but i'm working at the autoshow all days so i still have some sort of work.
Old 02-01-2009, 02:01 AM   #40
BMW_7
Econobimmer Racing

Quote:
yeah i know... but i'm working at the autoshow all days so i still have some sort of work.
shit i should have thought of that

rofl.. ive been unemployed since mid november. bah

Old 02-01-2009, 11:55 AM   #41
sirex
King Sirex

Construction workers, and crews are always hit the hardest by a slow down. It will probably be a few years till it gets back to the way it was.

If you watch drinking with bob, hes pretty much hit the nail on the head about this economic thng. Like BigD said earlier. Its just the Media causing this really so sad.

Last edited by sirex; 02-01-2009 at 11:58 AM.
sirex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2009, 12:02 PM   #42
BMW BMXer
Wants a 350 Blazer.

Send a message via ICQ to BMW BMXer Send a message via AIM to BMW BMXer Send a message via MSN to BMW BMXer Send a message via Yahoo to BMW BMXer
I was almost laid off. I was on a list, but thanks to some internally shuffling I was able to keep my job. My bosses like me I guess.

Stanceiseverything.com
BMW BMXer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2009, 12:49 PM   #43
Chris de la Cruz

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW_7 View Post
shit i should have thought of that

rofl.. ive been unemployed since mid november. bah
lol i'm always working at pretty much every major car event.

and i can't take sitting at home doing nothing.. it drives me nuts so i've been job hunting everyday since
Old 02-01-2009, 12:53 PM   #44
zackman17
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by spoony_prelude View Post
What steel company do you work for? We get all our stuff from Salit Steel.

Jay
im with C&T REINFORCING..not as big of a company as salit steel....it has been specualted that the construction industry is going to take about 3 years to recover.
zackman17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2009, 12:55 PM   #45
zackman17
Banned

Quote:
lol i'm always working at pretty much every major car event.

and i can't take sitting at home doing nothing.. it drives me nuts so i've been job hunting everyday since

ive saw your e30 i think last year or the year before at performance world..you have the maxsticker on the hood right?
zackman17 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: