Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > Misc > Off-topic
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 01-31-2009, 01:30 AM   #16
daytona
6th Gear Member

of course Buffet would say that,his company lost %75 in third quarter profits and he is on the "adviser" team for Obama rescue team,Im going back into the market in June,Im waiting for the one of the Big three to show signs of a pulse which will offer a tiny hope of a recovery in late 2009.
Old 01-31-2009, 02:14 AM   #17
rodo
6th Gear Member

"buy with the rumor, sell with the news", why would you wait for a glimmer of hope... a glimmer of hope everyone else will see

2010 Expedition

Objects in mirror are farther than they appear Only in a BMW

rodo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2009, 02:39 AM   #18
Manimillion
Photographer

Job? What job?
Old 01-31-2009, 02:56 AM   #19
spoony_prelude
Eurowerke

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW_7 View Post
Yo dude. what are you guys building? Condo?

A lot of my friends from the construction industry are telling me things are slowing down.
The buildings that are excavated, are continuing to build, slowly but surely, but all the proposals that were in the go are all cancelling.

That's just how things are now. I suppose if there are doubts that the units can't be sold in a favourable time frame or if the are glaring problems with suppliers the project may crumble altogether. lol
Yeah were putting up 2 condos. Most condos I've heard of are:
going to close down once theyve reached ground floor. Right now we are stuck inbetween stopping on ground floor, or stopping due to the builder not paying the forming company. Things are really wierd right now!

Jay
Old 01-31-2009, 03:12 AM   #20
El Gato Liso
6th Gear Member

i lost 10 minutes a day 5days/week
Old 01-31-2009, 09:38 AM   #21
daytona
6th Gear Member

brother what condo projects are shutting down at ground level?...I know Mars project the crane is coming down and some condos are capping off at lower floors.
Old 01-31-2009, 10:28 AM   #22
Chris de la Cruz
sex, drifting & punk rock

Send a message via MSN to Chris de la Cruz
I was laid off along with 45 others at Monarch Construction. Sales were bad and our "mother" company i guess you can call them, in the uk, was about to go under with billions in debt. The only thing that could save us was a buyer of our company but who wants to buy a home builder at this time? lol

but thank God for savings so times aren't so bad right now.
Old 01-31-2009, 11:26 AM   #23
rendered
6th Gear Member

Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris de la Cruz View Post
I was laid off along with 45 others at Monarch Construction. Sales were bad and our "mother" company i guess you can call them, in the uk, was about to go under with billions in debt. The only thing that could save us was a buyer of our company but who wants to buy a home builder at this time? lol

but thank God for savings so times aren't so bad right now.
chris, I'm sorry to hear that man! I hope things do pick up in the spring for you and everyone! People need places to live no matter what! So building must go on!

I'm looking at getting into a 2 bedroom unit by monarch. The zip condo in liberty village. Did you happen to work on this condo? They seem to be a bit better than the units I was considering at Concorde cityplace at spadina and front area. Even those guys seem to be moving slowly on finishing.
rendered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2009, 11:39 AM   #24
5thseries
biggerthen3

Quote:
Originally Posted by rendered View Post
chris, I'm sorry to hear that man! I hope things do pick up in the spring for you and everyone! People need places to live no matter what! So building must go on!

I'm looking at getting into a 2 bedroom unit by monarch. The zip condo in liberty village. Did you happen to work on this condo? They seem to be a bit better than the units I was considering at Concorde cityplace at spadina and front area. Even those guys seem to be moving slowly on finishing.
Need money to build...
5thseries is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2009, 11:48 AM   #25
daytona
6th Gear Member

Rendered honestly the project at Concord looks average at best,there are a few blogs regarding this project and the shabby finishes and the "unwelcome" visitors entering the condos.Like my GF brother said who was full time broker now a PT broker due to slow sales "go west for the best condos deals"..so anything west of Dufferin Street.
Old 01-31-2009, 01:33 PM   #26
Quack
Wheelman

Send a message via MSN to Quack
hasn't effected me one bit, even there's no work at my dealer I still get paid just for being there, but we do have work, our cliental base is full of CEO's, VP's etc etc...they don't mind spending money even when times are rough.

hopefully with this slow economy I can purchase a larger condo unit for a reasonable price, so in reality I will benefit from all this, hopefully.

Maxbimmer Drama, You Gotta Love It
Quack is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2009, 01:40 PM   #27
zackman17
Banned

a month after i was hired the steel company i work for. They laid off 30 or so guys because about 10 big jobsites got cancelled. i havent been working solid since dec wich really sucks.. but starting monday im back at our old site that is back up..the construction industry has taken a huge hit.
zackman17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2009, 01:48 PM   #28
commodore64
MR. Supercharger

Most people years and years ago told me "don't become a police office," the usual complaints of being a officer. Best decision I ever made was to take my "own" advice and become one All is well with my position

On the flip-side a few of my close friends have lost there jobs and have been hit hard.

Cousin - Optician, after years of service was bumped down to casual part-time service which means he can see a max of 25 hours in a week if he is lucky. He owns a 850k house, hard to make payments. Can't find full time hours anywhere

Friend - Truck Drive (owns 3 semi's) literally he has no dispatch calls or placements period. On top of that anyone that owns a truck knows how expensive it is to maintain and even fill up a tank. Very bad situation and will be looking at possible bankruptcy

Brother - After 11 years of service at a lab was let go suddenly, he was given a two year package / deal which was fantastic but I can see he is depressed badly and it hurts to see him like this.

Its horrible overall I am trying to help recruit and hope my brother will join the force, however not everyone is "made" to be an officer.

Hard times, good luck to everyone that is struggling "Dont give up"

Ciao
commodore64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2009, 01:49 PM   #29
spoony_prelude
Eurowerke

Quote:
Originally Posted by zackman17 View Post
a month after i was hired the steel company i work for. They laid off 30 or so guys because about 10 big jobsites got cancelled. i havent been working solid since dec wich really sucks.. but starting monday im back at our old site that is back up..the construction industry has taken a huge hit.
What steel company do you work for? We get all our stuff from Salit Steel.

Jay
Old 01-31-2009, 02:08 PM   #30
craigIS
A.K.A. crossfire291

Send a message via MSN to craigIS
My dad was laid off not too long ago, hes a tool and dye maker. he was lucky to get another job......seems to be alright for now. the make parts for the refineries here, and some other misc things for other companies.

flickr
craigIS is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: