Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > Misc > Off-topic
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

View Poll Results: What are your feelings towards religion?
I am very religious (Practising/Believing) 17 18.89%
I am somewhat religious (I try to believe, or believe somewhat) 22 24.44%
Placating family/cultural values (I play along for family/friends/community) 9 10.00%
I'm agnostic (I dont think we have enough evidence to make judgement on religion) 4 4.44%
Sympathetic Aetheist (I dont follow any religion, but I respect others who chose to) 21 23.33%
Militant Aetheist (Not only do I not believe in religion, bit I believe religion is bad/evil) 15 16.67%
Other (please explain below) 2 2.22%
Voters: 90. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-30-2009, 11:10 PM   #16
BigD
the misanthropist

Quote:
Originally Posted by 98Dinan3 View Post
IMHO religion is just a means of controlling the sheeple of the world...
Well that's what it ends up being due to the evil of mankind. The spirit of the idea was to give the world hope. The cruelest practical joke ever played in the universe was placing a finite, self-aware being into an infinite world.
Old 01-30-2009, 11:24 PM   #17
Skeezix
2nd Gear Member

Well, I could only pick 'other' of the options listed. I am not religious, at all. But I do believe in Christ and that the Holy Bible is true. And with that, I also think along the lines of dbworld4k.
Skeezix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2009, 11:27 PM   #18
BigD
the misanthropist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Webster - Paradox \Par`a*dox\, noun
I am not religious, at all. But I do believe in Christ and that the Holy Bible is true.
Nice
Old 01-30-2009, 11:41 PM   #19
TNation
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by crossfire291 View Post
I was brought up Anglican. I lost a lot of belief for religion in general, but recently I guess you can say I have been seeing things in a different light (no pun intended) if you will. I dont know what I am, I just know that I'm more or less headed down a Christian path I suppose.
congrats man.
TNation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2009, 12:06 AM   #20
TheLoneVR!
戦うために住み、住む戦い

People shouldnt be judged on religious beliefs...... the way you should be treated or expected to be treated is how you treat others, yourself and your choices in the way you live your life. I agree with a previous post that Religion was more so for creating hope, somewhere along the line it was mans greed that messed everything up.
TheLoneVR! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2009, 12:42 AM   #21
coolhand
Banned

Throughout the thousands of years of history throught all of mankind there hasnt been one soild peice of proof supporting religion/ghosts.

IMO, its one thing to pretend you belive because of the situation that one maybe in but its another to actually belive, how can u be so blind to the lack of evidence? I'll tell you how, mind control.
coolhand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2009, 10:21 AM   #22
maroli
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by spoony_prelude View Post
I'm Catholic, although I'm not a hard core believer. I guess I was born into it so I continue to carry the religion. A lot of the stuff related to it I don't believe. If God were real, how can he let so much death happen, allow so many diseases to spread, take loved ones away so soon..... and so on. Hope that doesn't offend anyone on here. It's just how I think.

Jay
very revolutionary thought, I don't think anyone's asked that same question before

I was baptised catholic. My father is catholic, my mother is hindu, and my brother is Buddhist.
Old 01-31-2009, 10:43 AM   #23
EMPOWERD
Senior Moderator/Event-Coordinator

I'm with 98Dinan3 and BigD.

Brought up Catholic... now on the fence between atheism and agnosticism. Sometimes after seeing the bullshit in the middle-east, I feel that Religion is the root of all political problems (more than money).

My YouTube video
-- RANDY SPARRE --
EMPOWERD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2009, 10:49 AM   #24
propr'one
op sucks cock

Send a message via MSN to propr'one
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dado 540 View Post
I don't see the purpose of this thread, its asking for trouble. I guess its time to make a section called Religion on a automotive site.
Mabye its because i've been around longer than you have, or because I have more faith in max, but i'd like to show you that this thread already has 20+ replies, and there hasen't been any "trouble" so far, except vitaliy spreading his turtle-love-hippy-bullshit.

I did this to determine which category would have the largest percentage, and what other categories have significant portions of the max population.

I realize now that i should've put a "spiritual, but not religious" section, perhaps with a "individual religion" section (For those who believe, however they do so on their own, or through their own study of texts, not through organized religion).

Hot: 2001 Estoril M RoadsterZCP 19's michelin supersports, ZHP knob, JL 8W3
Cold: 2002 TiAg M3 6mt ZCP 19's michelin supersports, deoranged, dechromed, led tails, ZHP knob, UUC SS v3, GROM, OEM 18's w310's,
fun: 2006 YZF-R6, black
propr'one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2009, 10:53 AM   #25
Mystikal
Moderator/Event-Coordinator

Baptized and confirmed Roman Catholic, and will never do the same for my children, nor any other religion. Luckily I am in a relationship with someone who has the exact same experience.

Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful. - Seneca the Younger

@stancejay
Mystikal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2009, 11:00 AM   #26
doogee
Stance is Gay.

Send a message via MSN to doogee
Aetheist.

I highly recommend the new movie that just came out called Religulous. It's a documentary by Bill Maher. If you're on the fence, this will make up your mind for you lol.

He travels around the world trying to figure out why people believe. He doesn't bash them in anyway. But it's really worth watching. He explains how religion will be the end of the worth. Because people base way too many important decisions (goverment, leaders) by "doing what god would do" or what he would want.

I think religion is dangerous.

Here's a good little bit if you want a taste. It's the more serious ending: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7plD7xzr2q8

Dakar M3 Track Build Thread

Last edited by doogee; 01-31-2009 at 11:07 AM.
doogee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2009, 11:03 AM   #27
Mystikal
Moderator/Event-Coordinator

Religulous is hilarious.

@stancejay
Mystikal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2009, 12:39 PM   #28
TNation
Banned

If "Religulous" was created by any other person than Bill Maher, who is an extremely left wing liberal, I would watch it. But Maher supports "the legalization of marijuana and gay marriage and serves on the board of PETA", 3 things I disagree with.
TNation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2009, 12:44 PM   #29
doogee
Stance is Gay.

Send a message via MSN to doogee
Quote:
Originally Posted by TNation View Post
If "Religulous" was created by any other person than Bill Maher, who is an extremely left wing liberal, I would watch it. But Maher supports "the legalization of marijuana and gay marriage and serves on the board of PETA", 3 things I disagree with.
True. But he has very valid points in the film.

To each his own.

Dakar M3 Track Build Thread
doogee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 02:24 AM   #30
propr'one
op sucks cock

Send a message via MSN to propr'one
Jay, watch Jesus camp. Inside a evangelical Christian childrens summer camp in north Dakota.

Hot: 2001 Estoril M RoadsterZCP 19's michelin supersports, ZHP knob, JL 8W3
Cold: 2002 TiAg M3 6mt ZCP 19's michelin supersports, deoranged, dechromed, led tails, ZHP knob, UUC SS v3, GROM, OEM 18's w310's,
fun: 2006 YZF-R6, black
propr'one is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: