Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > Misc > Off-topic
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

View Poll Results: What are your feelings towards religion?
I am very religious (Practising/Believing) 17 18.89%
I am somewhat religious (I try to believe, or believe somewhat) 22 24.44%
Placating family/cultural values (I play along for family/friends/community) 9 10.00%
I'm agnostic (I dont think we have enough evidence to make judgement on religion) 4 4.44%
Sympathetic Aetheist (I dont follow any religion, but I respect others who chose to) 21 23.33%
Militant Aetheist (Not only do I not believe in religion, bit I believe religion is bad/evil) 15 16.67%
Other (please explain below) 2 2.22%
Voters: 90. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-30-2009, 07:51 PM   #1
propr'one
op sucks cock

Send a message via MSN to propr'one
Religion?

Just curious about the people on max. Please vote in the poll. Also, if you'd like to make a comment, please do below.

Please do NOT make this thread of one religion against another, otherwise i will (immediately) ask a mod to close it, that is not the reason for starting this thread.

If you'd like to make comments on one religion or religions as a whole, please feel free, however, i dont want this to be jews vs. christians vs. muslims thread.

Also, since this is a sensitive issue, i have not elected to make the poll public (people can't see what you voted). Please be aware, mods are still able to see who voted for what. If you'd like to share why you voted the way you did, the floor is yours.

Hot: 2001 Estoril M RoadsterZCP 19's michelin supersports, ZHP knob, JL 8W3
Cold: 2002 TiAg M3 6mt ZCP 19's michelin supersports, deoranged, dechromed, led tails, ZHP knob, UUC SS v3, GROM, OEM 18's w310's,
fun: 2006 YZF-R6, black

Last edited by propr'one; 01-30-2009 at 07:58 PM.
propr'one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2009, 07:54 PM   #2
spoony_prelude
Eurowerke

I'm Catholic, although I'm not a hard core believer. I guess I was born into it so I continue to carry the religion. A lot of the stuff related to it I don't believe. If God were real, how can he let so much death happen, allow so many diseases to spread, take loved ones away so soon..... and so on. Hope that doesn't offend anyone on here. It's just how I think.

Jay
Old 01-30-2009, 08:19 PM   #3
Fel
Not Banned

I'd say I'm a sympathetic atheist. I don't believe myself, but I do understand why other people choose to believe.

The way I see it, religious teachings exist as a way to guide us through life and make sure we at least understand right from wrong, and try to live good lives. Unfortunately some people take these teachings too literally which leads to all kinds of problems.

The spirit of religion is a good one... if people just followed the ideals put forth by religion, the world would be a much better place. We should stop condemning others for "picking the wrong one".
Old 01-30-2009, 08:37 PM   #4
TheLoneVR!
戦うために住み、住む戦い

Im more Spiritual than anything else really although I was Baptized and brought up Catholic.
TheLoneVR! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2009, 08:37 PM   #5
5thseries
biggerthen3

Quote:
Originally Posted by spoony_prelude View Post
I'm Catholic, although I'm not a hard core believer. I guess I was born into it so I continue to carry the religion. A lot of the stuff related to it I don't believe. If God were real, how can he let so much death happen, allow so many diseases to spread, take loved ones away so soon..... and so on. Hope that doesn't offend anyone on here. It's just how I think.

Jay
Also Catholic, Not offended at the least, everyone has there right to there opinion.. but anyone who follows a faith believes that its "there time" to depart... but naturally people die.. its the way of life! I'm sure you know the story on Noas ark... God told Noa to build an ark and take all animals of opposite sex and go.. the reason why this is, is because the world was currupt.. god punished the sinners.... so i guess this is his way to punish us... knowing that this world today is soooo ****ed ... but then again, i can be wrong about my theory.. but i tend to think about it.. and makes sence of me
5thseries is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2009, 08:54 PM   #6
328trackrat
2nd Gear Member

I am catholic...

I mean this obviously doesn't coincide with the creation story etc however this is my take...

Science can trace the creation of the universe up to i think a few seconds before the big bang actually occurred.. However I think it is a dead end as at the end of the day there must have been something to begin with.. Everything cannot be created from nothing. Space itself must have been put there or created by something. Whatever caused the big bang must have been put there, come from something.

I mean obviously I am not a creationist and I do not believe all that is in the bible etc. But I do believe a higher being has put everything here for us.
328trackrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2009, 09:21 PM   #7
AceOfSpades
♠ ♠ ♠

**** religion
AceOfSpades is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2009, 09:43 PM   #8
dbworld4k
Addict

I don't have a problem with believing in God, but I do have a problem with religion.

'02 ///M5 Imola Red / Imola Red '09 335i Alpine White / Coral Red

Past:
'04 E55 AMG Brilliant Silver / Anthracite
'96 318i Alpine White / Black
'01 330Ci Titanium Silver / Coral Red
'96 328i Jet Black / Black
dbworld4k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2009, 10:18 PM   #9
BMW_7
Econobimmer Racing

Send a message via AIM to BMW_7 Send a message via MSN to BMW_7
I like turtles.

Helprace, a helpdesk & community platform
BMW_7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2009, 10:55 PM   #10
TNation
Banned

I'm a Christian. Pure and simple.
TNation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2009, 11:05 PM   #11
Dado 540
6th Gear Member

I don't see the purpose of this thread, its asking for trouble. I guess its time to make a section called Religion on a automotive site.
Dado 540 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2009, 11:11 PM   #12
craigIS
A.K.A. crossfire291

Send a message via MSN to craigIS
I was brought up Anglican. I lost a lot of belief for religion in general, but recently I guess you can say I have been seeing things in a different light (no pun intended) if you will. I dont know what I am, I just know that I'm more or less headed down a Christian path I suppose.

flickr
craigIS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2009, 11:13 PM   #13
El Gato Liso
6th Gear Member

i was baptised twice

once methodist
once roman catholic

im christian!!!
Old 01-30-2009, 11:40 PM   #14
BigD
the misanthropist

On any given day, I toe the line between atheism and agnosticism. Depends on what happens or what I choose to remember.
Old 01-31-2009, 12:01 AM   #15
98Dinan3
6th Gear Member

Send a message via MSN to 98Dinan3
IMHO religion is just a means of controlling the sheeple of the world...

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: