Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > maXimum Tech > Audio/Sound
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 02-16-2009, 07:14 PM   #1
Tom
4th Gear Member

need help what size...5.25 or 6.5"

hey guys as the title states, I have a 2000 323ci sports+premium package can I fit 6.5 inchers at the front or only 5.25s? Also in the rears are they 5.25 or 6.5? Thanks.
Tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009, 10:46 PM   #2
Randy
2nd Gear Member

The million dollar question

Best thing for you to do is post a picture of your interior door panel and people can let u know. Ive seen E46s which are identical in every regard except their speaker size.
Randy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009, 11:05 PM   #3
Tom
4th Gear Member

hey

hey randy, well I know some are 5.25... I bought some 6.5s do you know if they will fit? theres a thread on fanatics how to fit them but im not sure if I want to cut into my actual door...
Tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2009, 01:00 AM   #4
Randy
2nd Gear Member

hmm. you dont want to cut into your door panels, but want 6.5s. cant have your cake and eat it to - ya know? lol . I think that you might be able to construct some sort of unique brace/adapter out of MDF (wood) that will allow you to sit a 6.5" diameter behind the 5.24" cutout.... now that'll probably push you're speaker magnet too far back into your door, and require you to cut out some metal behind there. both ways, looks like cutting is involved.

to be honest, dont listen to me. I really shouldnt say anythign about fitment unless i look at the inside of the door and the speaker being installed..

this was just a bit waste of a post.
Randy is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: